Kiah's Fascinating Line | The Boneyard

Kiah's Fascinating Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Kiah's stats for last night didn't jump right out of the page.

21 minutes (didn't start) 1 for 1, 2 free throws, ) 0 offensive rebounds, 5 boards total, 2 blocks
Sounds like a typical day at the office.

But wait: She led the team with a + 18, to lead the team...by a lot.

Tina with a monster offensive game (30 points) was only +13. no one else was even close,
The starting center, Swords was a -10.

Can one not interpret that to mean that teams are not penetrating when she is in, or turning back when they see her meandering over...and then taking a less carefully conceived shot?

Defensive player of the year.

Reaction Score
Kiah found herself in foul trouble in the 1st half and saw less minutes as
a result. When she left the game in the 2nd quarter, Seattle went on a big
run with her on the bench. She had a big impact on this game in the 2nd half.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Can one not interpret that to mean that teams are not penetrating when she is in, or turning back when they see her meandering over...and then taking a less carefully conceived shot?

Yes, one can . . . . !

dr evil.jpg

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As we saw when Kiah took the floor for UCONN, opponents did not go into the lane for shots. Same thing is happening now.

Her stats might not be "impressive", but she changes the flow of the game in the Liberty's favor.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I stopped tracking the game at halftime. It was clear that Kiah had gotten into early foul trouble.

Tina is on a roll. She'll finish strong in the MVP voting.

Meanwhile, Swin passed the great Sheryl Swoopes for 14th place in WNBA career scoring. Congrats!!

HGN

Reaction Score
Seems like Kiah knows what she's good at and she is content to only play within those self imposed bounds.....As soon as she steps outside that box and be a little more offensive minded she will be a nightly double-double machine waiting to happen.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
With the commentators talking about how Kiah shouldn't have been in the game so the Storm could foul a vet, Kiah made both (even thought the second was an adventure.)

The plus minus stat can be misleading, but it has been common for her to high on the plus side though that is true for much of the team because they have been winning.

We keep hearing about her shot, but still when she gets the ball near the top of the key, she looks to pass and screen as fast as possible. P.S. That high low pass assist she threw to Tina was a work of art.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
As long as we don't have to talk about any athlete's fascinating curves...

Reaction Score
As long as we don't have to talk about any athlete's fascinating curves...
Since you brought it up; along with being an outstanding WNBA center she could compete in the perfect body contest and win. In my defense this was forced upon me by baseball type posters--who spoke of curves, then my brain see's Kiah.

Reaction Score
[
Seems like Kiah knows what she's good at and she is content to only play within those self imposed bounds.....As soon as she steps outside that box and be a little more offensive minded she will be a nightly double-double machine waiting to happen.

I think Kiah addressed that rather nicely: (paraphrasing) for 4 years I played defense so it will be a while before I become offensive minded (notice please no quotes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom