Kiah Stokes in Michelle Smith's Top 5 WNBA Rookies | The Boneyard

Kiah Stokes in Michelle Smith's Top 5 WNBA Rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you could trade Kiah for KML...would you?
Complex situation. KML is still an unknown at this point. And what team are you building around? If you have scorers and need interior defense then you go with Kiah. If you need scoring and have enough bigs, then you go with KML.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Kiah's stats the last couple of games have been more modest than earlier; her plus/minus is down as well as are her blocks...none credited yesterday.

Is she playing less effectively?

I didn't see the game (just out of the boonies) but if I had to surmise: I imagine the league has gotten wise to Kiah's parties... there are a lot of quick learners out there...they're simply not challenging her like earlier in the season.

And the three Windy City centers seemed to have (accidentally) had really sub-par games, a total of 9 points between
de Souza and the two subs. It doesn't strain credulity to imagine that Ms. Stokes had something to do with that.

Could someone who actually saw the game comment or confirm.

Thanks
MSF
Are we witnessing the distaff version of Bill Russell?

Trade for K? I bet some general managers would do that

Reaction Score
I think it was a wise move for Laimbeer to have Stokes come off the bench. He needs
her at the end of the game when the game is on the line. In the games that Kiah was
in foul trouble the Liberty did not do so well . Making sure she is in the game in the
forth quarter and able to play aggressive defense is vital.

Last night, EDD only made four hoops in the game and three of those were
in the first half. This shows the importance of Kiah being foul free and able to
be aggressive on defense. When not in foul trouble, Kiah is always on the floor in
the forth quarter. Her presence has made a big difference in the New York's success
this year. This is why Laimbeer loves the kid. She plays defense and takes a lot of
pressure off Tina Charles.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kiah looked pretty good last night. She had 10 boards and looked aggressive on offense. She blocked at least one shot, but got a cheap foul call on the play. Tina had a nice game as well, and Piph was on fire. It was a nice win for NY in Chicago.

Reaction Score
Kiah looked pretty good last night. She had 10 boards and looked aggressive on offense. She blocked at least one shot, but got a cheap foul call on the play. Tina had a nice game as well, and Piph was on fire. It was a nice win for NY in Chicago.

What I liked about Kiah's play last night was the dribble drive move from the foul line that resulted in a right-handed layup. Later in the game she tried another move along the baseline and dribbled out of bounds. Finally, I think Boyd or Prince found her on a fast break for an easy layup as a reward for running the floor. Broadcasters commented numerous times that NY has great chemistry among the players.

Reaction Score
Kiah's stats the last couple of games have been more modest than earlier; her plus/minus is down as well as are her blocks...none credited yesterday.

Is she playing less effectively?

I didn't see the game (just out of the boonies) but if I had to surmise: I imagine the league has gotten wise to Kiah's parties... there are a lot of quick learners out there...they're simply not challenging her like earlier in the season.

And the three Windy City centers seemed to have (accidentally) had really sub-par games, a total of 9 points between
de Souza and the two subs. It doesn't strain credulity to imagine that Ms. Stokes had something to do with that.

Could someone who actually saw the game comment or confirm.

Thanks
MSF
Are we witnessing the distaff version of Bill Russell?

Trade for K? I bet some general managers would do that
Kiah's effectiveness works even when the other team is staying way from the hoop fearful of being blocked. It would appear Lambeer understand how effective kiah can be even when not being challenged.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Hate to be contrarian, but when I have watched the Liberty this year, Stokes has looked offensively-challenged to me. She has stone hands and loses passes. She is listed as one turnover last night, but I thought I saw at least three, don't understand what they call a turnover and what isn't. It looks like her teammates are trying to get her the ball, I just don't see her looking for a shot. Of course, playing next to Tina Charles, definitely not a fair comparison. Kia's defense looks great, but her offense still has a long way to go. Just my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom