Kiah: 11 pts., 6 boards, 3 blocks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kiah: 11 pts., 6 boards, 3 blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just want to thank everyone for all the updates on Kiah....she is one of my all time favorites and I'm very excited to see how she does in the WNBA.
I'm in SC so can't watch any of the games. Please keep up with the posts they are very much appreciated!

PS: Enjoy the posts for KML too :)
WNBA games are streamed live on WNBA website. You can get all the games
for 15 bucks for the season.

Reaction Score
WNBA games are streamed live on WNBA website. You can get all the games
for 15 bucks for the season.

Thanks good to know maybe for future. I would try to watch some if they were local but I'm just too tapped out to add another team/sport to my list. As it is my poor husband has to deal with me watching every Mets/Giants/ uconn men & woman game there I think he would kill me if I added in another :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Thought Achonwa was supposed to so amazing. So glad to see Kiah schooling the ND grad ;)

Kiah has done this before during her career at UConn; not surprised at all. Still, I like Achonwa for her B'ball IQ, passing skills and grit as an"undersized" big.

Reaction Score
I like the fact that at the moment Kiah is averaging more ppg than Jewel in about the same number of minutes per game and has a much better shooting percentage

Reaction Score
If you are a recruiter in Lauren Cox's living room and the name Kiah Stokes comes up. What do you do?
A. Change the subject
B. Say that Geno obviously held her back
C. Say that Geno obviously coached her well
D. Speed dial Tori McCoy as you walk out the door

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
If you are a recruiter in Lauren Cox's living room and the name Kiah Stokes comes up. What do you do?
A. Change the subject

I would show Lauren (and her parents) a photo of Kiah with three NC trophies, then provide them with Kiah's cell phone number so they can ask her any question they want to.

(Remember how Kiah recently answered a reporter's question: "Had I wanted more playing time, I would have gone somewhere else.")

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A. Change the subject

I liked it for it's inventive cleverness, but don't you dare diss my girl again!

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but I've always felt that the college to WNBA transition is slightly easier for good posts than it is for good guards. It's never actually easy, mind you. All players have an adjustment period.

For guards, I think their 2nd year as a pro is a better indication of their potential.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but I've always felt that the college to WNBA transition is slightly easier for good posts than it is for good guards. It's never actually easy, mind you. All players have an adjustment period.

For guards, I think their 2nd year as a pro is a better indication of their potential.
An interesting and insightful post. I tend to agree with you and I think it has to do with the speed of the game and the competition. Post players especially those who live at the low block need to be good at catching and shooting, they are not expected to handle the ball much, nor be great passers. In transition to the pro game the physicality goes up a notch, and the defensive size/strength does too, but the speed and quickness is not that significant an issue for them.
For wing players the transition involves size, strength, speed, and quickness - passes they made in college are intercepted, ball handling they could get away with results in steals.

And the old adage of 'you can't teach size' really does come to the front.

I also think it explains why post players like Appel and Dolson struggle a little more than players like Charles and Stokes - their college games depended on the passing and ball handling that distinguished them from other college post players, and they struggle in the same way wing player do with the speed/quickness of the pro game. I have been a little surprised at the Asst/TO numbers for Dolson as a pro based on what she was doing in college - this maybe explains it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom