Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 74 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
It all sounds like the Old Big East.

Boren is essentially Pedersen at Pitt. Blustering away, demanding big $$ for any strategic moves to keep it together. Texas is like Miami--they know they have a home.

The others are clawing to stay in the game, but they know that if they expand and the pay out is not what they expected, then Boren and his bluster will be the first out the door.

In other words, Boren is Pitt = untrustworthy.

Except Oklahoma is absolutely positively safe. Pitt could have very easily been screwed in this round of realignment. Oklahoma could find a home easily in the SEC or PAC-12 (perhaps the B1G.) Oklahoma has power in expansion, probably the most outside of Texas and Notre Dame.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Except Oklahoma is absolutely positively safe. Pitt could have very easily been screwed in this round of realignment. Oklahoma could find a home easily in the SEC or PAC-12 (perhaps the B1G.) Oklahoma has power in expansion, probably the most outside of Texas and Notre Dame.
..and came very close to being ...us.

Reaction Score
If they were absorbed, that would leave an extra space to be filled somewhere, on the assumption that the other conferences don't go past 16, that would only give homes to 9 of the 10 teams. That would also require a lot of finagling and levels of agreement among the teams and conferences to make that situation work. I have difficulty believing that would all happen.

Reaction Score

I agree that OU is safe even if the XII falls apart. The only question I have with OU is how attached are then to OK State. If OU and OK State are a package deal, they both would go to the PAC who has the room and the need while the B1G and SEC will not take both. If not, I can see OU in the B1G or SEC with OK State going to the PAC (with K State) or a very slight chance that the SEC takes OK State separate from OU.

Reaction Score
If the b12 falls apart why is OU safe? The next round of expansion will be based on private network revenue. What have they done lately? What else besides football can they hang their cowboy hats on? Our DMA's are equal in size, we are between Boston and NYC, and our household income is higher, so more people people paying in CT than in OK.

Reaction Score
If the b12 falls apart why is OU safe? The next round of expansion will be based on private network revenue. What have they done lately? What else besides football can they hang their cowboy hats on? Our DMA's are equal in size, we are between Boston and NYC, and our household income is higher, so more people people paying in CT than in OK.
Tradition
Probably a top 5 all-time football program

Reaction Score
Maybe our thinking that we are on even ground with OU when it comes to conference realignment is yet another example of why our conference is preceded by a G and not a P

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Actually...it related to Oklahoma....and the question of Oklahoma vs DMA.

But OK....yes, FSU is one of the ones on the "being watched" list...and yes, Pitt, Kansas and Duke are not..

But...in the questions of DMA and networks, I think that national audiences may be overlooked some.

And Oklahoma does well there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe our thinking that we are on even ground with OU when it comes to conference realignment is yet another example of why our conference is preceded by a G and not a P
Yeah pretty sure the thoughts of fans on a bulletin board devoted to the team doesn't have a particularly significant impact on our CR chances.

Reaction Score
Paul Finebaum ‏@finebaum · 1h1 hour ago
According to @ESPN_Colin "The Big 5 in CFB is ready to be the Big 4... BigXII will evaporate, Oklahoma is SEC bound & the Pac12 wants Texas"

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
If true, here comes an avalanche. I hope we fit in somewhere. If not, nice knowing you guys.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Oh that's cowherd. Then def not happening. I remember before big ten picked Nebraska he said he knew for a fact that the big ten was taking UConn as the 12th team.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Wasn't Cowherd the guy that said UConn was headed to the Big 10 back in 2010? I would take CR opinions from Scott Gray over that dude.

I remember that happening.

I don't see the SEC or Pac just adding 1 team a piece and there aren't any logical partners. No way Texas would want to travel that far for every single game.

Reaction Score
UConn Dan said:
Oh that's cowherd. Then def not happening. I remember before big ten picked Nebraska he said he knew for a fact that the big ten was taking UConn as the 12th team.

In fairness to Cowherd, he said he had a good source on that. My hope is the source just didn't know the whole story and that UConn is on deck somewhere. I don't think he made it up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In fairness to Cowherd, he said he had a good source on that. My hope is the source just didn't know the whole story and that UConn is on deck somewhere. I don't think he made it up.

There is a blindingly simple explanation - he has bad sources and lacks the candlepower to realize it.

Reaction Score
Anyone still wondering why ESPN gave Texas a seemingly ridiculous amount of $$ ?

Guess who gets to call the shots now...

pj

Reaction Score
Paul Finebaum ‏@finebaum · 1h1 hour ago
According to @ESPN_Colin "The Big 5 in CFB is ready to be the Big 4... BigXII will evaporate, Oklahoma is SEC bound & the Pac12 wants Texas"

This would be the best possible scenario for UConn. It would imply UConn and Kansas to the B1G for 16 ... Texas and Oklahoma State to the Pac? ... Oklahoma and who to the SEC -- maybe ESPN would orchestrate a swap, NC State to the SEC and West Virginia to the ACC, fixing the 4 NC school in the ACC problem?

Regardless, it seems too good to be true ...

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
There is a blindingly simple explanation - he has bad sources and lacks the candlepower to realize it.

I just find it hard to believe ESPN lets guys spout nonsense like that with garbage sources, it kills credibility. Journalism is dead I guess.

I minored in Technical Writing and took quite a few journalism courses in college. One thing I always remember is the constant harping on sources and quality of sources and triple checking. The new world of communication and journalism is hard for me to grasp...and I'm still pretty young.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom