Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 65 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Indians aren't the same everywhere. Lacrosse is an Iroquois sport. It's not like the New York Indians exported it to the Apaches.

There are a ton of Indian kids upstate who play lacrosse, and most High School teams around here have quite a few members. This is probably also why the National Lacrosse League has multiple franchises in upstate New York but also Canada.

Remember this from a few months back?

http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/loca...ancels-lacrosse-game-with-lancaster/24493765/

Half the Akron, NY team was Indian.
I know that's what you meant ... I was jk but like i said upstater i'm quite familiar with Native difference's regionally similar to european celtic tribes,culture and regional uniqueness. Keep us on our toes though upstater..i enjoy benefiting from you're knowledge.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
AAU – a step in the right direction if you want the B1G. But as you know, many (some) schools with this accreditation and, generally speaking, within or near the B1G’s current footprint haven’t received an invitation, yes? Troubling times.
Agreed Gretchen, but UConn's pedigree goes far beyond it's research acumen. The AAU is just a potentially significant missing link.

Reaction Score
AAU – a step in the right direction if you want the B1G. But as you know, many (some) schools with this accreditation and, generally speaking, within or near the B1G’s current footprint haven’t received an invitation, yes? Troubling times.
Welcome Gretchen I enjoy you fresh and unique views recently.

Reaction Score
Thank you, Nicky. It is a pleasure to be here.
Yes, welcome to the Boneyard! Gretchen, just curious as to who you root for in college? Curious because Indiana was our first opponent at the Rent. Therefore, they will always be a B1G part of "our" history! LOL

Gretchen

Civilly Disobedient
Reaction Score
Yes, welcome to the Boneyard! Gretchen, just curious as to who you root for in college? Curious because Indiana was our first opponent at the Rent. Therefore, they will always be a B1G part of "our" history! LOL
Bad Dog! You already know for whom I root...you looked at my profile. Thank you for your kind greeting. Now be a good doggy and don't stir the pot!

Reaction Score
I suspect the auto-correction stepped in here. You meant pot-smoking, right?

Reaction Score
Andy Staples @Andy_Staples · 31m 31 minutes ago
Bob Bowlsby said Big 12 ADs briefly discussed eight-game league schedule but preferred to stay at nine.

Andy Staples @Andy_Staples · 31m 31 minutes ago
Bowlsby said league probably shouldn't make drastic change (title game) based on one year of results.

Andy Staples @Andy_Staples · 29m 29 minutes ago
Bowlsby said he still feels like lack of a title game puts the Big 12 at a disadvantage, but he can't quantify that disadvantage.

Andy Staples @Andy_Staples · 28m 28 minutes ago
Basically, there doesn't seem to be a ton of support among the members for a championship game.

Andy StaplesVerified account
@Andy_Staples
Writing about college football at Sports Illustrated

Reaction Score
George Schroeder @GeorgeSchroeder · 57m 57 minutes ago
Big 12’s Bowlsby says ADs have “no interest” In expanding to have a l conference championship game.

Bowlsby says Big 12 will push to deregulate NCAA rule but doesn’t mean they’l have a title game. Says 1 year not big enough window.

Bob Bowlsby says he doesn’t sense a conference title game is where the league is headed.

George Schroeder @GeorgeSchroeder · 36m 36 minutes ago
Bowlsby said Big 12 athletic directors also spent time today discussing “multiple options” on tiebreakers. Expect some clarity tomorrow.

Dan Wolken @DanWolken · 1h 1 hour ago
Bowlsby: I've heard no interest in expansion as a means to deal with the championship issue

Dan Wolken @DanWolken · 32m 32 minutes ago
Total sidebar but if you're a fan of BYU-Cincy-Memphis-UConn-UCF Bowlsby was clear that expansion isn't happening. Big 12 very dug in at 10

Dan Wolken @DanWolken · 31m 31 minutes ago
It seems to me any realignment at this point would have to be triggered by somebody poaching the Big 12. Which would cause lots of chaos.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Dan Wolken @DanWolken · 32m 32 minutes ago
Total sidebar but if you're a fan of BYU-Cincy-Memphis-UConn-UCF Bowlsby was clear that expansion isn't happening. Big 12 very dug in at 10
This really is the best case scenario for us. We don't want the B12 to expand, the outcome will just be us in an even more horrible AAC.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
This really is the best case scenario for us. We don't want the B12 to expand, the outcome will just be us in an even more horrible AAC.
We DO want the B12 to expand if it includes us though. It may really be the last train to Tuscon for the next 10 years.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Pot-stirring is literally all we do here. Welcome!

The way we come up with crazy ideas, are you sure it's stirring that we are doing?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This is good news, it means we can put off worrying about Cincy leaving us for B12 pastures for at least another year. The B12 won't pick us unless they're going full retard, i.e. a conference based in the southland with outposts in FL, UT, and the northeast. So, no.

I still don't think any ACC teams will leave for the B12, that window is closed. So either B1G raids ACC again and ACC back-fills with UConn, or B1G raids B12 and adds UConn to balance East/West. If UT/OU revisit the Pac16, then there's a risk B12 adds Cincy/UCF to backfill and Uconn is screwed again.

Gretchen

Civilly Disobedient
Reaction Score
Yes totally fresh and unique. It's so nice a random person from Indiana decided to be active on the CR board and in the Cesspool. They are totally someone new and different.
I think you are overstating it (blush) but thank you very much. You are most kind and gracious.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yes totally fresh and unique. It's so nice a random person from Indiana decided to be active on the CR board and in the Cesspool. They are totally someone new and different.

Betting time - what's the over/under on the amount of time it takes for that act to wear thin?

I'll give it three days.

Reaction Score
Betting time - what's the over/under on the amount of time it takes for that act to wear thin?

I'll give it three days.

Here's why you'll lose Fishy:
  1. You may be confusing Domers with not just any Hoosier -- an "IU Hoosier". There's a difference.
  2. She's a she (who knows how to post on a message board)
  3. It's already been three days

Reaction Score
Player.
BS ...I also enjoy your intuitive perceptive posts but I am a real gentleman though maybe with a touch of "player" in me...like most " good people" as we used to say growing up in NJ. I think Gretchen is VERY SHARP though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom