Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 46 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Did you see the Jay Bilas tweet today?
No, what it did say? I'm not seeing anything p5 related.

This? How does it apply?

I follow Bilas. He hasn't tweeted much. Must have returned to his law practice in North Carolina.

a2f9f50b4a02f9094430292888716a57_normal.png
Jay Bilas@JayBilas · 5h Mama calls, she want a new place. Homeboy just caught a new case. Need rooms, just bought a new safe. I gotta go to work.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
ESPiN is just a social media wh0re these days.

"Big and Breaking ACC NEWS: the ACC will continue to play football and basketball in 2014. Tune into ESPN to watch!"

Reaction Score
This? How does it apply?

I follow Bilas. He hasn't tweeted much. Must have returned to his law practice in North Carolina.

a2f9f50b4a02f9094430292888716a57_normal.png
Jay Bilas@JayBilas · 5h Mama calls, she want a new place. Homeboy just caught a new case. Need rooms, just bought a new safe. I gotta go to work.
Um, he starts every day with some quote from a rap song. But um, okay.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not sure how this applies to the topic at hand.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not sure how this applies to the topic at hand.

Reference to Mama is obviously the B1G. "She want a new place" refers to TV markets. "Homeboy" has got to mean Jim Delany. "Caught a new case" means another school will be added. "Need rooms, just bought a new safe" refers to the expansion of the UConn stadium and extra money we will be bringing in w/ B1G $ payouts.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Reference to Mama is obviously the B1G. "She want a new place" refers to TV markets. "Homeboy" has got to mean Jim Delany. "Caught a new case" means another school will be added. "Need rooms, just bought a new safe" refers to the expansion of the UConn stadium and extra money we will be bringing in w/ B1G $ payouts.
Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what Bilas was referring to when he tweeted that out.:rolleyes:

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
McMurphy is a great troll. He got the Cincinnati Enquirer to RT that post and get all the UC fans hopes up. Well played sir.

Reaction Score
Mcmurphy Not Only A Troll But Also A D-ick. Really Tried Telling Me On Twitter Tha Byu Wasn't Worthy Of Being Treated Like A P5 Program. He Is A Lapdog To Say The Least.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I mean the guy was clearly joking. You kinda were being a hardo responding to him as if he were serious haha.
There are ways to relay sarcasm on message boards, which is exactly what I did.:eek:

Wipe better next time. You'll have a better shot at removing that hair across your a$5 that compels you to be message board police.:p

Regards...:D

Reaction Score

Well there it is, irrefutable proof in black and white. I just can't envision Whaler being able to pick apart something as concrete as that. . .

Reaction Score
I think the AAC should start refering to itself as a P6 conference, and just start showing up to the P5 er... I mean P6 meetings.

Agree. Aresco should start by sending out a letter to his "peer" conferences a la PAC-12.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Agree. Aresco should start by sending out a letter to his "peer" conferences a la PAC-12.

Ah, the reverse Jim Cutler...Also know as the Bizzaro Harry Crane (Gotta get a Mad Men reference in here somewhere.).

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think the AAC should start refering to itself as a P6 conference, and just start showing up to the P5 er... I mean P6 meetings.

He should only send letters to include conferences that have 2 or more national titles for the scholastic year 2013-2014. I wonder how many conferences that would break down to? ;)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Is he quoting? I always figured he was making them up. Always with "I gotta go to work" at the end.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I tend to think a Big10 invite is fantasy based more on the sheer fact that schools already are giving up football games with Ohio state, Michigan, Penn state and replacing them with Rutgers and Maryland. I don't see how you can sell them on UConn and Virginia, Kansas, etc.

I felt absolutely sick to my stomach the night when mcmurphy tweeted Louisville was getting in over us as unless anything changes, football will be marginalized and basketball becomes tougher to sustain excellence.

I do think the AAC deal will improve and with Fox sports 1 and conference networks in the works we should still get decent exposure but over time we're going to need something to happen.

I think the Big12 eventually breaks apart due to Texas making a move and then thr best of the AAC and Big12 merge. Still not ideal, but you'd replace Tulsa, Tulane and ECU with TCU, Baylor and Iowa state everyday.

UConn, Cincinnati, USF, UCF, Memphis, Houston, Temple

Kansas, Kansas State, Ok State, West Virginia, TCU, Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa State
Not bad. Needs slashes though.

Reaction Score
It does not benefit the Other 5 conferences or Notre Dame to split up the pie any further. The Other 5 conferences were looking to kick the Big East out of the BCS ten years ago. Then, their job was almost taken care of for them by the Big 12 destabilization 5 years later, but that didn't happen. The only way the AAC becomes a power conference is if half merges with the leftovers of a Texas-less Big 12. IF UConn is included in that shake up, they will still have travel issues, unless the Big Ten pick them up.
I disagree... a growing pie and shrinking mouths is exactly what everyone wants (it's just nobody wants to be the mouth cut out). Big East yesterday, Big12 or ACC tomorrow. Who know's how the next group is culled.

I think there are enough schools between the MWC and AAC to have 12-14 decent schools if the P6 is a possibility:
UNLV, Fresno, SDSU, BYU, Boise, Uconn, Cincy, USF, UCF, Houston, and Memphis would be a decent base. Certainly not a P5, but a stronger version of the AAC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The release says the logo draws upon its past roots. . .they're right, because it looks like the letter "A" resembles the letter "G" in the Big East logo.
Looks a bit like the Amercan "A" as well. ...we should sue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom