Kevin Duffy Recruiting Round-Up | The Boneyard

Kevin Duffy Recruiting Round-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nice round-up. Thanks for posting.

Any idea why he surmises that it's "certainly a possibility" that Boatright goes pro after next season, but is silent about Shabazz's potential to do the same?

Reaction Score
Nice round-up. Thanks for posting.

Any idea why he surmises that it's "certainly a possibility" that Boatright goes pro after next season, but is silent about Shabazz's potential to do the same?

Boat has more potential to go pro due to his athleticism

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Boat has more potential to go pro due to his athleticism
I'm a Boat fan and don't necessarily disagree with your assessment. But regardless of their respective pro potential, I thought it was odd of him not to mention Shabazz at all in that regard, especially after Gotlie said he was one of the top pro guard prospects last season, and Shabazz himself reportedly spent a good deal of last season expecting to make the jump this summer.

Reaction Score
Apparently the Husky net is a lot wider than I thought. It will be very interesting to see if UConn lands many or any of those on this list. Historically, UConn usually lands somewhere between 0 and 2 from their early spring list. I'm sure there have been some years where it was bigger such as the big class that Ollie was part of. But of late, most of the classes is build on names that pop up later in the summer or fall and often new names in the spring.

As the summer goes on, some of them will move up the UConn wish list and some will drop off. I hope JC, KO and Miller can pull at least a couple of Plan-A recruits out of this group.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i never thought we were going to fade into obscurity, calhoun built something that cannot just disappear like that glad to see kids are really into our program...other than calhoun and the legacy he built here, the biggest name and recruiting tool for the program is Ray Allen... every time a kid or prospect sees him play or hears him speak as a professional on and off the court it helps out tremendously... along with allen, ollie has been a recruiting machine since he got here, extremely impressed

Reaction Score
I feel this a HUGE recruiting class for UConn. With the ban this year, the new facilities, this years lackluster class and the inevitable retirement of JC we need to have the program going in the right direction for the future. I feel another year where we only have 1 major pick up could be damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom