Kentucky up 12 over SC 9 to Play | The Boneyard

Kentucky up 12 over SC 9 to Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kentucky missing fouls shots or it would be worse. Both in bonus. Terrible foul shooting teams today. 68-58 final. Carolina just took itself out of a number 1 seed argument I think.

Last edited:

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
This will surely end the ridiculous notion that SC was a potential #1 seed. I'll make a prediction right now that the SEC will go a 6th straight season without a FF team.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Well ... so much for the SC #1 seed. And I just think TN has too many questionable losses to get one either. Down to Louisville, WV, and Baylor I think and at that point if Louisville only has three losses to Uconn and one to KY and especially seeing as you already awarded them home court you might as well make it official and give them the last #1.

HGN

Reaction Score
Kentucky won it but both teams played sloppy. Missed Free throws and turnovers galore. I was pulling for Kentucky but they made me twist and shout more than a few times during the game with their sloppy play.

Will be interesting to see whether USC now gets a 1 or 2 seed in NCAA.:(

Reaction Score
Louisville playing at home is the 4th number 1 seed, no-one else has beaten anyone so UConn goes to Lincoln to help attendance there. The whole object of this hosting nonsense was to boost attendance, Stanford, Notre Dame, Louisville don't need help, Nebraska will, and the only team which travels from all over is UConn so they go there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see whether USC now gets a 1 or 2 seed in NCAA.:(

No way.... but if they beat Stanford tonight, they might end up getting into the tournament.

Reaction Score
baggerbob said:
Louisville playing at home is the 4th number 1 seed, no-one else has beaten anyone so UConn goes to Lincoln to help attendance there. The whole object of this hosting nonsense was to boost attendance, Stanford, Notre Dame, Louisville don't need help, Nebraska will, and the only team which travels from all over is UConn so they go there.

Oh I do hope so! Starting to look at airfare and rental cars. If it happens and I go, I will stay with family in Omaha and drive the 45 minutes or so to Lincoln.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
I have to disagree a bit with UcMiami. If Tennessee wins the SEC tournament I think the committee will give them a #1 seed based on the RPI. It won't be deserved based on their body of work, but they'll get it anyway simply because the RPI as currently defined is a badly flawed measurement.
On the other hand, if Tennessee doesn't win the SEC, I think the final #1 will boil down to Louisville or the winner of the Big 12 if that's Baylor or WVU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom