Kentucky Dismisses Chrisrae Rowe | The Boneyard

Kentucky Dismisses Chrisrae Rowe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I do not know anything about her, but all indications are that she is an outstanding ballplayer. Not a huge loss? No other program picking her up? What's up with all that?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I do not know anything about her, but all indications are that she is an outstanding ballplayer. Not a huge loss? No other program picking her up? What's up with all that?

She was also dismissed from the Oregon wbb team. She then transferred to Kentucky, and now this. I'm sure that's what Wbbfan1 is referencing with his comment.

Reaction Score
Judging just by the stats, this does seem like a big loss for KU. Chrishae Rowe is a big guard (5'10") who averaged 21 ppg, 6.5 reb.pg, and 2 steals pg, as a freshman, with double-doubles against good Princeton and Cal teams, playing in a bigtime conference. That's impressive. Obviously the reason for Rowe's dismissal goes well beyond her game numbers. Duck's coach Kelly Graves (ex-Gonzaga) is highly respected and for a kid to be asked to leave not one, but two programs tells me this kid is Trouble(d).

It's addition by subtraction. Not a loss for Oregon or KU programs.
But it's a shame for a talented athlete who has squandered two huge college opportunities.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know specifics, but I know many insiders on the West Coast will not be surprised by this as many looked down on Kentucky for taking her. Again, I know no specifics.

A talented top 70 guard out of HS, but keep in mind her huge frosh year numbers were inflated by the coach at the time, Paul Westhead's style of play.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Judging just by the stats, this does seem like a big loss for KU. Chrishae Rowe is a big guard (5'10") who averaged 21 ppg, 6.5 reb.pg, and 2 steals pg, as a freshman, with double-doubles against good Princeton and Cal teams, playing in a bigtime conference. That's impressive. Obviously the reason for Rowe's dismissal goes well beyond her game numbers. Duck's coach Kelly Graves (ex-Gonzaga) is highly respected and for a kid to be asked to leave not one, but two programs tells me this kid is Trouble(d).

It's addition by subtraction. Not a loss for Oregon or KU programs.
But it's a shame for a talented athlete who has squandered two huge college opportunities.
That was a team her freshman year that average 93.2 ppg while going 16-16 and 6-12 in conference. Uconn laid 114 points on them in a 46 point smack down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom