kembaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! 3 for the tieeeeeeeeee 1.6 sec left | The Boneyard

kembaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! 3 for the tieeeeeeeeee 1.6 sec left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watched most of this game. I love the rebranding for Hornets. Their jerseys are great, the parquet style floor is beautiful and the whole crowd was wild following a 24 point comeback.

Kemba was a little off but he was obviously clutch as hell. He is such an awesome ambassador and so entertaining. He still had to take many difficult end of shot clock shots and I wish they would play him off ball a little more with Lance running things. If they are going to play Gary Neal over Lance in crunch time the team chemistry is going to be a trainwreck.

Reaction Score
I watched most of this game. I love the rebranding for Hornets. Their jerseys are great, the parquet style floor is beautiful and the whole crowd was wild following a 24 point comeback.

Kemba was a little off but he was obviously clutch as hell. He is such an awesome ambassador and so entertaining. He still had to take many difficult end of shot clock shots and I wish they would play him off ball a little more with Lance running things. If they are going to play Gary Neal over Lance in crunch time the team chemistry is going to be a trainwreck.

I think Neal over Lance tonight was just because Lance cramped up at the end of regulation.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
As a resident of Wisconsin this game just epitomizes the Bucks franchise. That said...was cheering loudly when Kemba hit both of those shots. I just wish he had a more likable cast around him.

Reaction Score
I think Neal over Lance tonight was just because Lance cramped up at the end of regulation.

Possibly, but I think it was for floor spacing. Lance played the first 4 minutes of OT and was subbed for for the final minute.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Its seriously amazing how awesome Kemba is, and the best part is that everyone knows it. I was watching the Bucks - Hornets game on a stream online and in the chat bubble everyone was talking all game long about how clutch Kemba always is and America really seemed to fall in love with the kid after that magical BET. Everyone knows his signature step back, its like his thing now.

Reaction Score
Possibly, but I think it was for floor spacing. Lance played the first 4 minutes of OT and was subbed for for the final minute.

You might be right, but Lance wasn't in on the final defensive possession either, so I think it is more likely that he wasn't 100%.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Nice return on investment for MJ in first night after inking deal w/ our hero Kemba

I am not a fan of MJ as a person, but I have to hand it to him and the Charlotte front office, their Hornets rebrand has been incredibly successful. Everything from the jerseys (which are now undeniably one of the best in the league), to the court, and the logo is amazing. The city seems to have a whole new attitude about the team, and it all started with Kemba Walker. College analysts who dont know their asses from their heads can claim he is undersized or a poor finisher for the NBA game, but the truth is the value of a true winner is immeasurable. Guys like Kemba and Shabazz come in playing winning basketball for these pro teams, and the right guy can really change the attitude and mindset of a franchise around in a short time period,just like Kemba will do in NC, and Shabazz will do in Miami when he is inevitably the starting PG in MIA by all-star break.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
You might be right, but Lance wasn't in on the final defensive possession either, so I think it is more likely that he wasn't 100%.
From the write-up on the Hornets site... "Stephenson, who is battling a groin injury, left the game twice in the final few minutes because of cramping in his leg."

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Poor Brandon Knight. Got his ankles broken at :42 and then the OT game-winner right in his face.
He must have nightmares about Kemba. Kemba shat all over him in Maui and in the F4 too. The ironic part is that he was almost a Husky and if he had signed we wouldn't have gotten bazz..

Reaction Score
Since when does Kemba struggle from the line?? 5-11???? I knew his shooting % fell off a cliff last year but i don't remember him being a BAD free throw shooter.

Reaction Score
He must have nightmares about Kemba. Kemba shat all over him in Maui and in the F4 too. The ironic part is that he was almost a Husky and if he had signed we wouldn't have gotten bazz..
We probably would have gotten Bazz, but Bazz likely would have been in the next class. I thought we asked Bazz to reclassify. That would have its own problems (would we have gotten Boat?).

Reaction Score
I was in a group chat with a bunch of guys in my fantasy league (I'm the only big UConn fan) about the games going on, but I was driving during the end of this. I see "put on the hornets-bucks game, hornets down 3 with under a minute" so I respond "sounds like Kemba time to me"

cut to 1 minute later "Kemba hit a ridiculous 3 to send it to OT", me: "told you"

Was hoping the Heat would need a last second bucket and somehow the rock would end up in Bazz's hands, but I'll take 1/2 for the somewhat opening night of the NBA season

Reaction Score
Some people are born winners. Its in their DNA. Expect at least 25 more of these during his career..............its what he does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom