Kelly Faris going to Oz | The Boneyard

Kelly Faris going to Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Congrats to Kelly. While I'm being selfish, would love to see Kelly get a Graduate Assistant job at UConn. Don't see her having a long Pro Career and if she is interested in coaching, it would be a good career move. Have to think Shea or Marissa will get a Head Coaching job in the next couple of years and I can see Kelly as an assistant coach. Don't know if Kelly is interested in coaching, so it might be a mute point.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I notice that the article said that Kelly was recommended by her Sun teammate Kelsey Griffin, who has played during winter in Australia for the last few years and has excelled (by all accounts). Kelsey said that her team would be getting not only a good player but a good person (but we knew that).

The reason for the opening is that Natalie Novosel apparently sustained an ACL a couple of weeks ago and is out for the season. That is unfortunate, but her team should be getting an upgrade when they go from Novosel to Faris.

Kelly's game is very well suited to the scrappy, physical style of play that seems to characterize the Aussie game.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Playing in OZ has been VERY good for Kelsey Griffin. I wish and hope the same for Kelly!

Reaction Score
I'm happy for Kelly. Now she'll have the chance to further develop her game. And as others have mentioned, she'll be doing it in a safe place. I worry about players going to places like Russia, Turkey etc- you never know what is going to happen over there but you know it will be bad.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Kelly_to_Oz.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm happy for Kelly. Now she'll have the chance to further develop her game. And as others have mentioned, she'll be doing it in a safe place. I worry about players going to places like Russia, Turkey etc- you never know what is going to happen over there but you know it will be bad.

Stef is going to Russia with Diana

Reaction Score
Congrats to Kelly. While I'm being selfish, would love to see Kelly get a Graduate Assistant job at UConn. Don't see her having a long Pro Career and if she is interested in coaching, it would be a good career move. Have to think Shea or Marissa will get a Head Coaching job in the next couple of years and I can see Kelly as an assistant coach. Don't know if Kelly is interested in coaching, so it might be a mute point.

At moment she is not interested in coaching. I hope that changes.

G

genosguy

Signs with the Adelaide Lightning to replace Novosel

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...044634034?nk=86c2db39758f8b9e91932e4425f29a50

I wish her the best of luck in Australia.
What a lucky lady, great country, great people (if only they'd speak English). But they have so many insects and snakes that can take you out.
We had so many GI's in Australia during WW2 ,we almost annex it. But instead we just repopulated it. All their guys were in Africa fighting for England (Great Britain).

G

genosguy

At moment she is not interested in coaching. I hope that changes.
I agree, Kelly will always be among my favorite UConn ladies--from everything I read her WNBA days are numbered--why? Who knows, no one works harder. But she'd be a superb coaching assistant--anywhere (except Tn or ND)--one day a head coach or CEO.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Speak about going to OZ. I just heard a player from a west coast city is playing this fall in Australia. The team is in Perth, on the west coast of Australia. Most likely flight is west coast USA to either Sydney or Melbourne then change to Perth. Nope, she went from west coast USA to Dubai and then to Perth. Added something like 10 hours to her total trip. The team bought the ticket, not the player. She arrived safely.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Oz is a beautiful and fun country. Congrats and best wishes to Kelly! Work on your game and have fun!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I just read a good article which referenced Allie Quigley, who had quite an impact on the Sky's run to the WNBA championship. She was cut by four teams before she caught on with the Sky. And now she has won the 6th man award. I think the same grit that Allie showed in fighting thru difficulties and improving her game is shared by Kelly. Kelly is now going to OZ to play with Kelsey Griffin (who knows a little bit about growing pains, too). This winter ball has nothing but upside for Kelly. She'll come back stronger and who knows, maybe a change of scenery might be the best thing when she comes back as well. I know I am one of many who are rooting for her!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I just read a good article which referenced Allie Quigley, who had quite an impact on the Sky's run to the WNBA championship. She was cut by four teams before she caught on with the Sky. And now she has won the 6th man award. I think the same grit that Allie showed in fighting thru difficulties and improving her game is shared by Kelly. Kelly is now going to OZ to play with Kelsey Griffin (who knows a little bit about growing pains, too). This winter ball has nothing but upside for Kelly. She'll come back stronger and who knows, maybe a change of scenery might be the best thing when she comes back as well. I know I am one of many who are rooting for her!
Do you have a link to that article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99