Kathryn Westbeld | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kathryn Westbeld

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If you view the actual tweet Reimer adds a wink face. So she could be sure Westbeld will be going to ND but she could also just been teasing Westbeld and have her own way of telling her Westbeld should come to ND.

Didn't KML call Stewie like Baby Huskie way before she even committed? So in that case it ended up being right but a lot of these girls are good friends from playing together and all want the other to play with them on their team and will try anyway to convince.

As of now I see it as Reimer having a bit of fun with Westbeld. But we will see in time I guess.

Reaction Score
How soon we forget.

Before Stewart officially committed to UConn, she was interviewed in a video that showed her giggling when the interviewer elicited the name Notre Dame from Breanna in her final list of schools she was considering. Oh my, what significance was laid upon that giggle! Stewart was going to Notre Dame for sure!

Lest we forget - they're kids!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
interesting tweet by Taya Reimer

Follow
Taya Reimer@Busta_Reimes

Move in day! It's y'all's turn next year @Breezy_Bri21 @K_Westbeld33 @mycoool_12 miss y'all, see ya soon!

Poster can do what they want, but I hate this stuff. It's a little over the top to me.

And the fact that posters follow up with posts being upset about the tweets is even more annoying.

I really should not read these posts but I keep hoping there might be some real information.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
You really didn't pull any punches with that first statement. But you could have made your point less caustically.

I would agree that guards are more important than posts, but I believe you overstate your point. If UConn gets no one to play the 4 or 5 this year, that would be 2 consecutive years with no posts or forwards. How often has that happened during Geno's tenure? (Honest question, I don't know the answer.) Because it takes more time to develop posts, that gap might be significant. (How impressive was Tina Charles her first 2 years?)

Griner winning a NC is a significant accomplishment, even if it looked like she would win more than one. As a UConn fan, you're spoiled. Every other college (even the orange one) would be happy to win a NC every 4 years.

I agree he will recruit the players he feels will help UConn, but sometimes he tries for a player yet is unsuccessful, so I wouldn't take the lack of bigs in the past two classes (2013 and thus far in 2014) as evidence that Geno doesn't value them. Are you assuming that Geno gets whoever he pursues? While he's a great recruiter, there are plenty of players that Geno pursues but doesn't persuade to come to UConn. Who's to say that Geno hasn't been recruiting bigs the past two classes? I thought he showed interest in Reimer, McCall, Turner, Wilson, Westbeld, and Belton the past two years. There were probably other bigs as well.
I don't agree with the Griner one N C being a great accomplishment at all.baylor is in Final Four her freshman yr. and then to win one NC with not only possibly the best pure point guard in the country, with every other piece of the puzzle in place, talent and depth. That program totally underachieved IMO. How they didn't win at least two and really three is beyond me. Best Pure pt Gd and the most dominant post player in their age group in the world--- that team had dynasty written all over it.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Poster can do what they want, but I hate this stuff. It's a little over the top to me.

And the fact that posters follow up with posts being upset about the tweets is even more annoying.

I really should not read these posts but I keep hoping there might be some real information.
If she comes great and if she doesn't wish her well. We have no control over it. As for the tweet. Don't be concerned. I had seen a tweet from Brianna Turners father after that guard from Texas verballed to UCLA. It said in so many words. Good luck and work hard. I guess Bri will be playing with MoJeff again....and Turner went to ND. As fans we have to relax if we don't get who we want. Geno will get a lot of the kids he wants but not all of them. Right now UConn is sitting on top of WCBB for the next 3 seasons. We need a post player and Wilson seems like the kid Geno is after. If he gets her fine and if he doesn't he will find another post player next season of the season after. Don't forget Wilson played with Breanna MoJeff and Morgan on the USA team and if that doesn't help get her here then I don't know what.

For the next 3 years we have Stef, Kiah and Breanna who can play the middle. That's better imo then getting somebody who will sit the bench. Look at our future roster. Courtney Gabby Saide and Saniya. That's a great group of athletic kids. UConn is in very good shape. It almost seems like many of you are worried we wont get a post player and some worry we need more bigs. What we need is a post player and there is really only one Geno is at and thats Wilson. Im sure there are a lot of kids he's looking at that we don't know about and we will be surprised when it happens.

When you look at Duke ND and some of the other teams picking up top players, look at their rosters. How will all those kids get playtime? When kids coming up the next couple of years realize that wont get a lot of playtime they will look someplace else and UConn has roster openings. One last point. There were a couple of kids who we thought we were getting and they went elsewhere. Some of us are disappointed. Don't be. If they really wanted to experience winning a NC they would be here. Obviously that isn't as important as it is to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom