The transfer portal opens today | Page 66 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
If you think Self has maximized the talent he has had over the last 20years he's had at Kansas based on his team's accomplishments as champions. You're stupid. This isn't rocket science, It's about results.
You keep comparing him to UConn, which has been by far the most successful program and a massive anomaly. If you don't consider Self and Kansas to be successful this century then who has been? Because the bar for success is far lower than matching UConn's achievements

Reaction Score
and that was before baylor and isu got good and houston joined the big12
And all the teams could pay players now. There goes one of KU's big advantages.

Reaction Score
8 out of 8 starters from our back to back squads going to the league will help immensely in attracting transfers and HS kids. How could it not?

The only thing more valuable...continued dominance even after they all leave.

caw

Reaction Score

This is only off the past five years, but I'll take it.

I had forgotten Ballo was at Gonzaga. Only surprise to me was Arkansas (pre-Cal), with their rep, I thought they would be higher but I guess they take in too many transfers and not many pan out, they just tout the ones that do.

It's going to be a mess if you follow this for next year I bet. UK, Arkansas, UL, etc. all basically changed entire rosters.

----

Love Hurley and love what he has built here. He has done a great job with getting transfers but his building of top 100 freshmen has also been fantastic.

2018: Brendan Adams (200+ ranking/grad/transfer)
2019: Bouknight (50s/NBA), Akok (20s/transfer), Gaffney (100+/transfer), Springs (150+/transfer)
2020: Jackson (50s/NBA), Sanogo (100+*/NBA), Brown (100+/Transfer)
2021: Hawkins (50s/NBA), Johnson (50s/TBD), Diggins (60s/transfer), Floyd (100*/DNP/Transfer)
2022: Karaban (100+*/NBA?), Clingan (50s/NBA), Hasson (NA/transfer), Roumoglou (NA/transfer)
2023: Castle (9/NBA), Ball (40s), Stewart (50s), Ross (100+), Singare (100+)

NBA: Bouknight, Jackson, Sanogo, Hawkins, Karaban?, Clingan, Castle

Transfer: Adams (+grad), Akok, Gaffney, Springs, Brown, Diggins, Floyd, Hasson, Roumoglou

On team: Johnson, Ball, Stewart, Ross, Singare

Johnson deserves a ton of praise for sticking it out four years. He is the only recruit who will have (by end of next year) played four years under Hurley at UConn on scholarship so far.

Hurley has only had twelve top 100 recruits play for him at UConn (pre reclass rankings for Sanogo and Karaban). Six (at least) will have logged NBA minutes by next year. Three will be on next year's roster. Two transferred out (Akok/Diggins). One is Karaban. That is pretty impressive retention amongst top players and conversion for those players to the NBA.

---
Transfers under Hurley:

2018: Smith, Yakwe
2019: Cole (RS)
2020: Martin (URI/100+/NBA),
2021: NA
2022: Diarra (TAM/90s), Alleyne (VT/60s/transfer), Newton (ECU/NA/NBA?), Calceterra (USD/400+)
2023: Spencer (Rutgers/NA/NBA?)

Potentially getting three of eight transfers into the NBA is impressive, especially when none had great high school rankings and weren't near any NBA radar then. Diarra is still playing obviously so I am not counting him among the eight.

Reaction Score
This is only off the past five years, but I'll take it.

I had forgotten Ballo was at Gonzaga. Only surprise to me was Arkansas (pre-Cal), with their rep, I thought they would be higher but I guess they take in too many transfers and not many pan out, they just tout the ones that do.

It's going to be a mess if you follow this for next year I bet. UK, Arkansas, UL, etc. all basically changed entire rosters.

----

Love Hurley and love what he has built here. He has done a great job with getting transfers but his building of top 100 freshmen has also been fantastic.

2018: Brendan Adams (200+ ranking/grad/transfer)
2019: Bouknight (50s/NBA), Akok (20s/transfer), Gaffney (100+/transfer), Springs (150+/transfer)
2020: Jackson (50s/NBA), Sanogo (100+*/NBA), Brown (100+/Transfer)
2021: Hawkins (50s/NBA), Johnson (50s/TBD), Diggins (60s/transfer), Floyd (100*/DNP/Transfer)
2022: Karaban (100+*/NBA?), Clingan (50s/NBA), Hasson (NA/transfer), Roumoglou (NA/transfer)
2023: Castle (9/NBA), Ball (40s), Stewart (50s), Ross (100+), Singare (100+)

NBA: Bouknight, Jackson, Sanogo, Hawkins, Karaban?, Clingan, Castle

Transfer: Adams (+grad), Akok, Gaffney, Springs, Brown, Diggins, Floyd, Hasson, Roumoglou

On team: Johnson, Ball, Stewart, Ross, Singare

Johnson deserves a ton of praise for sticking it out four years. He is the only recruit who will have (by end of next year) played four years under Hurley at UConn on scholarship so far.

Hurley has only had twelve top 100 recruits play for him at UConn (pre reclass rankings for Sanogo and Karaban). Six (at least) will have logged NBA minutes by next year. Three will be on next year's roster. Two transferred out (Akok/Diggins). One is Karaban. That is pretty impressive retention amongst top players and conversion for those players to the NBA.

---
Transfers under Hurley:

2018: Smith, Yakwe
2019: Cole (RS)
2020: Martin (URI/100+/NBA),
2021: NA
2022: Diarra (TAM/90s), Alleyne (VT/60s/transfer), Newton (ECU/NA/NBA?), Calceterra (USD/400+)
2023: Spencer (Rutgers/NA/NBA?)

Potentially getting three of eight transfers into the NBA is impressive, especially when none had great high school rankings and weren't near any NBA radar then. Diarra is still playing obviously so I am not counting him among the eight.
Not to nitpick your well researched post, but Ross was a consensus top 100 recruit.

On3: #75 on the industry ranking

247Sports: #81 on the composite ranking

Rivals: #80 in their ranking (no composite on their site)

ESPN: #84 in their ranking (no composite on their site)

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
Not to nitpick your well researched post, but Ross was a consensus top 100 recruit.

On3: #75 on the industry ranking

247Sports: #81 on the composite ranking

Rivals: #80 in their ranking (no composite on their site)

ESPN: #84 in their ranking (no composite on their site)

Went with 247s rankings (EDIT: not the composite). Should have noted that. Either way, inconsequential to the point as he is still on the roster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom