Kaitlyn Chen officially a Husky | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kaitlyn Chen officially a Husky

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I hoghly doubt Geno wont have a primary 3 guard Offense. He only has Jana, Ice, Patterson. and Sarah until AUbrey comes back - which overall is not near as deep as the guards. And Ayanna is highly qurestionable ealry.
I agree that the four players that you named will constitute the depth chart for the 4 and 5 positions. But there are other players who are not really guards (although they may be listed that way) who are suitable for the 3 position -- specifically Caroline, Morgan Cheli, Qadence, and Aubrey when she is available. In my opinion, those players (and possibly also Allie Ziebell) are more suitable for a small forward position -- based on size if nothing else --than true guards such as Paige, Azzi, Kaitlyn, Ashlynn, and KK Arnold.

So I would expect to see a depth chart more or less like this:

Front court / paint: Jana, Sarah, Ice, Ayanna
Small forward / wing: Caroline, Morgan, Aubrey, Allie (?), Qadence
Back court: Paige, Azzi, Kaitlyn, Ashlynn, KK, Allie (?)

Reaction Score
I agree that the four players that you named will constitute the depth chart for the 4 and 5 positions. But there are other players who are not really guards (although they may be listed that way) who are suitable for the 3 position -- specifically Caroline, Morgan Cheli, Qadence, and Aubrey when she is available. In my opinion, those players (and possibly also Allie Ziebell) are more suitable for a small forward position -- based on size if nothing else --than true guards such as Paige, Azzi, Kaitlyn, Ashlynn, and KK Arnold.

So I would expect to see a depth chart more or less like this:

Front court / paint: Jana, Sarah, Ice, Ayanna
Small forward / wing: Caroline, Morgan, Aubrey, Allie (?), Qadence
Back court: Paige, Azzi, Kaitlyn, Ashlynn, KK, Allie (?)
I agree your other lineups as possible too- but Caroline is a wildcard. If she is healthy - certainly,. And Aubrey will not be back "ready" at least mid-January if not late January is my guess?. And Aubrey will also be playing some PF too not just SF. However exciting to think if she were healthy - and have her be the SF on Defense with Sarah as the PF, and they are natural switch on Offense. :) Jana is another wildcard for me. But for many they are certain for her. I'm more certain for Sarah.

Then I'd put Chen, KK, Ashlynn, Azzi all ahead of Morgan and Q. And if we are to count Allie-- she is a perimeter player only so calling her a SF - I think Paige would be playing the tougher inside player than Allie would be defending. And I believe Allie will be near mostly a perimeter scorer so she plays like a guard.. If she and Paige are 'Wings' then imo Paige is the SF.

With all said I prefer to see Paige as the SF because I believe Azzi/Chen/KK/Ashlynn are soooooooooooo good. And Sarah is a natural PF on Defense. Rather than be being more focused on inside or overall "match-up Defense." If UCONN focuses more on Offense having Paige at the SF with Sarah at the PF - then with the guards UCONN has, that's about as lethal of an Offense as I can imagine if they are all healthy.

Now that Chen will no longer have to be the #1 or number 2 option or probably not even #3 option on Offense, I expect her Offense to be much more efficient along with her and KK able to better handle the quick penetrating guards on Defense. But I agree many options work. I believe though that Paige at the SF allows the guards more playing time and the guards imo are the strength. This would change if Caroline was healthy/on a roll/ in a rhythm. Untikl then imo Gneo will ahve Paige play the 3 mostly in which she is also a pg and a sg. :)

Reaction Score
I agree your other lineups as possible too- but Caroline is a wildcard. If she is healthy - certainly,. And Aubrey will not be back "ready" at least mid-January if not late January is my guess?. And Aubrey will also be playing some PF too not just SF. However exciting to think if she were healthy - and have her be the SF on Defense with Sarah as the PF, and they are natural switch on Offense. :) Jana is another wildcard for me. But for many they are certain for her. I'm more certain for Sarah.

Then I'd put Chen, KK, Ashlynn, Azzi all ahead of Morgan and Q. And if we are to count Allie-- she is a perimeter player only so calling her a SF - I think Paige would be playing the tougher inside player than Allie would be defending. And I believe Allie will be near mostly a perimeter scorer so she plays like a guard.. If she and Paige are 'Wings' then imo Paige is the SF.

With all said I prefer to see Paige as the SF because I believe Azzi/Chen/KK/Ashlynn are soooooooooooo good. And Sarah is a natural PF on Defense. Rather than be being more focused on inside or overall "match-up Defense." If UCONN focuses more on Offense having Paige at the SF with Sarah at the PF - then with the guards UCONN has, that's about as lethal of an Offense as I can imagine if they are all healthy.

Now that Chen will no longer have to be the #1 or number 2 option or probably not even #3 option on Offense, I expect her Offense to be much more efficient along with her and KK able to better handle the quick penetrating guards on Defense. But I agree many options work. I believe though that Paige at the SF allows the guards more playing time and the guards imo are the strength. This would change if Caroline was healthy/on a roll/ in a rhythm. Untikl then imo Gneo will ahve Paige play the 3 mostly in which she is also a pg and a sg. :)
Allie is kind of a less versatile Azzi from what I can see. Lights out shooter, but doesn't have great defense.

Reaction Score
Allie will do her Tessa Johnson impression in the NCAA finals next year. From my keyboard to the basketball Gods ears.

Reaction Score
According to her HS coach, Allie was the best defensive player on the team and always guarded the opposition’s best player. Now I realize that doesn’t mean she can guard college players but, I think the foundation is there for her to be at least an adequate defender. She is a coaches daughter, I believe. I think she’s going to surprise some people with how college ready she is.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
According to her HS coach, Allie was the best defensive player on the team and always guarded the opposition’s best player. Now I realize that doesn’t mean she can guard college players but, I think the foundation is there for her to be at least an adequate defender. She is a coaches daughter, I believe. I think she’s going to surprise some people with how college ready she is.
I think you're right. I just hope she is patient. This year, the numbers are against her.

Reaction Score
What she does well appears in a constant run of games within a team, not so much in an all-star game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We know that World Exposure Report has been highly incorrect on recruiting, but they rank KC as the #4 overall transfer.

KCD

Reaction Score
Just to add to your post: she is also more than a great outside shooter. She also drives to the basket and scores through contact and is a good rebounder.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, this is the portal acquisition that makes the most sense. Geno loves to play full court pressure and having an experienced guard of her caliper will certainly help. We missed out on Beers, but she would have had to share minutes with Jana, at OK she will be the focus, better for her. So really the only thing would to add depth at C, we have enough depth of players in the 6’1” to 6’3” range and pretty much no one in the portal better than a healthy CD.

Reaction Score
a
What she does well appears in a constant run of games within a team, not so much in an all-star game.
all star games always suck. Last year in the AA game, KK and Shade weren't standout, but now look at them. This year, Allie and Morgan weren't standout in the AA game, cut to the Jordan Classic, and Morgan is doing a bit of everything and Allie is making shots. It probably helps they were allowed to stay in the game for more than 2 minutes at a time though. Not to mention during the AA game, Jaloni was more focused on going 1v5 rather than team ball.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
When I think of starters my mind quickly flips to the mind of the opposing coach and how fear should rise up when at the 5 minute mark KK, Ash, and Aubrey go to the scorers table. Coach knows that the pace of the game is going to rise exponentially. The thought must be, "my best players have been out there all 5 minutes and here comes a controlled tsunami of speed and intensity.

I believe we could assign the nicknames 'Shock' and 'Awe' to KK and Aubrey. The opponent would be left in Ash(es). It's just a delightful image in my mind but 'It could happen.'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom