Kaela Davis Leaving Georgia Tech | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kaela Davis Leaving Georgia Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The time of The Lady Vols making the Final 4 or having a chance at a NC is over! Stick a fork in them they're done! Last I heard the refs will only let a team have 1 bb on the court at a time and TN is petitioning the NCAA to have 4 bb's on the court next season! TN's theme this year is REMEMBER WHEN WE USED TO BE A GREAT PROGRAM!
Also DD has already booked her table at the WNBA Draft Selection show for April, 2017!

The reason UCONN is the best program in the nation, with the best coaching staff, is they are disciplined and the coach runs the show not the players! The players agree to GIVE UP parts of themselves to make the team greater! Do you honestly believe with the players on the TN roster they are giving up their flair to make the TEAM better?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The time of The Lady Vols making the Final 4 or having a chance at a NC is over! Stick a fork in them they're done! Last I heard the refs will only let a team have 1 bb on the court at a time and TN is petitioning the NCAA to have 4 bb's on the court next season! TN's theme this year is REMEMBER WHEN WE USED TO BE A GREAT PROGRAM!
Also DD has already booked her table at the WNBA Draft Selection show for April, 2017!

The reason UCONN is the best program in the nation, with the best coaching staff, is they are disciplined and the coach runs the show not the players! The players agree to GIVE UP parts of themselves to make the team greater! Do you honestly believe with the players on the TN roster they are giving up their flair to make the TEAM better?
I think last years team was the most unselfish in Lady Vols history so I think they'll find a way to play "TEAM" ball......honestly! ;)

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Like i said in a thread awhile back... If Deshields stays 3 years.. the 2018 WNBA draft will be the most talented ever.
Before the excitement of a possible elite group available for the WNBA draft,each girl must exhibit more than just talent.Yes,these and others are very talented.However,the professional coaches look at other things,in the make up of a player,besides the ability to score and pass,unless they are searching for a player with a specific niche.We should give the time,to first,see if these players blossom to a new level of play,before their college careers come to an end.Some of the very talented girls,in the past,never really improved in specific areas,such as defense,team play,good decision making,etc.Things may work to everyone's benefit from any transfer,and they may not.It will be interesting to see,if their next step,in their adventure,brings them to a new level,or not.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kaela's parents already engaging on twitter with one of the (vol)crazy fans from the Summitt.

Things have been downright boring in Knoxville lately. Let's hope that changes.
Golly, I hope they don't give Kaela a cardboard sign. :rolleyes:

University of Tennessee Compliance Website http://www.utsports.com/compliance/boosters/

Who is a booster / representative of athletic interests?

NCAA rules state that all alumni, friends, and employees of the University are categorized as "representatives of athletics interests." The NCAA stipulates that once an individual has been identified as a representative or "booster/donor" of the University's athletics programs, he or she retains this status forever even if the individual is no longer associated with the athletics program. Furthermore, the NCAA states that it is possible to be a representative of athletics interest at more than one university at the same time.

A representative of athletics interests is anyone who has ever:

• made any type of contribution to the athletics department or to a booster club
  • joined the institution's booster club or any sport specific support group
  • provided or helped arrange employment for a student-athlete
  • provided benefits to enrolled student-athletes or their families
  • assisted in any manner in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes
  • promoted the institution's athletics program in any manner (including fan forums, so I'm told)
  • purchased season tickets from the University
As a representative of athletics interests (booster/donor), you may not:

• contact a prospect's coach, principal or counselor in an effort to evaluate a prospect
  • visit the prospect's institution to pick up film or transcripts pertaining to the evaluation of the prospect's áacademic eligibility or athletic ability
  • contact a prospect, his/her parents, legal guardians or spouse on or off campus
  • contact a prospect by telephone or by letter
  • make special arrangements for entertainment for recruiting purposes
  • provide extra benefits to a prospect, student -athlete at UT or another institution or to the parents, family and/or guardians of the prospects or student athlete's

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Before the excitement of a possible elite group available for the WNBA draft,each girl must exhibit more than just talent.Yes,these and others are very talented.However,the professional coaches look at other things,in the make up of a player,besides the ability to score and pass,unless they are searching for a player with a specific niche.We should give the time,to first,see if these players blossom to a new level of play,before their college careers come to an end.Some of the very talented girls,in the past,never really improved in specific areas,such as defense,team play,good decision making,etc.Things may work to everyone's benefit from any transfer,and they may not.It will be interesting to see,if their next step,in their adventure,brings them to a new level,or not.

Well i got almost three years before i get excited for that particular draft...... lets check back in March of 2018 :cool:

Reaction Score
Golly, I hope they don't give Kaela a cardboard sign. :rolleyes:

University of Tennessee Compliance Website http://www.utsports.com/compliance/boosters/

Who is a booster / representative of athletic interests?

NCAA rules state that all alumni, friends, and employees of the University are categorized as "representatives of athletics interests." The NCAA stipulates that once an individual has been identified as a representative or "booster/donor" of the University's athletics programs, he or she retains this status forever even if the individual is no longer associated with the athletics program. Furthermore, the NCAA states that it is possible to be a representative of athletics interest at more than one university at the same time.

A representative of athletics interests is anyone who has ever:

• made any type of contribution to the athletics department or to a booster club
  • joined the institution's booster club or any sport specific support group
  • provided or helped arrange employment for a student-athlete
  • provided benefits to enrolled student-athletes or their families
  • assisted in any manner in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes
  • promoted the institution's athletics program in any manner (including fan forums, so I'm told)
  • purchased season tickets from the University
As a representative of athletics interests (booster/donor), you may not:

• contact a prospect's coach, principal or counselor in an effort to evaluate a prospect
  • visit the prospect's institution to pick up film or transcripts pertaining to the evaluation of the prospect's áacademic eligibility or athletic ability
  • contact a prospect, his/her parents, legal guardians or spouse on or off campus
  • contact a prospect by telephone or by letter
  • make special arrangements for entertainment for recruiting purposes
  • provide extra benefits to a prospect, student -athlete at UT or another institution or to the parents, family and/or guardians of the prospects or student athlete's

People engaging with recruits and parents is not exclusive to Tennessee or uncommon in anyway. It is incredibly difficult for the NCAA to regulate social media. However, I wish those lunatics would not tweet at Kaela's parents. It's pathetic and weird.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
A big if--but, if she comes to Tennessee and her/Diamond/Russell/Cooper play team ball, can avoid bad shots and take care of the ball...that will be one extremely athletic and talented lineup. Realistic? Probably not, but regardless, Tennessee would be stacked with a talent like Davis joining the team.

Reaction Score
View attachment 9564

Not even close to the same...Maya made 52.4% of her shots that year. She also made 84.3% of her free throws. Care to guess who led the team in assists...? Hint - Maya with 151... and only 85 turnovers.. :cool:
And she led in rebounds with 313...:p

One last thing, UConn was 36-2 w/ Maya leading the team that year... ;)

P.S.- And Maya's mom is a sweetheart...:)

-My response post from April 12 seems relevant here.
triaddukefan said:
Uh.... Davis has averaged something like 19pts a game in her first two seasons. First team All-ACC this season. She's a gunner.... but hardly a bad player.

My response: "Uh....Never said Davis was bad. She's an incredible athlete with all the physical tools, however, she's also a major chucker. I saw her play 5 times, and I couldn't believe some of the insane shots she forced up. She made a terrible 36% of her field goals while taking an unbelievable 300 more shots than her nearest teammate!! She took over 100 more three's than any teammate but only made a terrible 29%, and committing 3 turnovers a game while assisting barely once per game!! In quantum physics, she'd be an event horizon- the ball goes in and never comes out. Would not be able to play for Geno."

- Of course Davis cannot be compared to Maya, who can? But it goes way way way beyond stats. Davis showed little inclination to play a team game.
- If Davis were to join DD at Tenn, there wouldn't be enough shots in a game to make the two of them happy.
- Holly would have a heart attack trying to create team chemistry on offense with those two.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
-My response post from April 12 seems relevant here.
triaddukefan said:
Uh.... Davis has averaged something like 19pts a game in her first two seasons. First team All-ACC this season. She's a gunner.... but hardly a bad player.

My response: "Uh....Never said Davis was bad. She's an incredible athlete with all the physical tools, however, she's also a major chucker. I saw her play 5 times, and I couldn't believe some of the insane shots she forced up. She made a terrible 36% of her field goals while taking an unbelievable 300 more shots than her nearest teammate!! She took over 100 more three's than any teammate but only made a terrible 29%, and committing 3 turnovers a game while assisting barely once per game!! In quantum physics, she'd be an event horizon- the ball goes in and never comes out. Would not be able to play for Geno."

- Of course Davis cannot be compared to Maya, who can? But it goes way way way beyond stats. Davis showed little inclination to play a team game.
- If Davis were to join DD at Tenn, there wouldn't be enough shots in a game to make the two of them happy.
- Holly would have a heart attack trying to create team chemistry on offense with those two.
It is really hard to evaluate very good players on pretty poor and or young teams, especially those with less than great coaches - if you look at Sims her senior year with a bunch of freshman and missing the graduates, she was chucking up a ton of shots. DD as a freshman took a lot more shots than any of her teammates and shot significantly below all the other starters from 2 and 3. Even Simmons at TN who got a lot of criticism as a chucker, was working in a pretty dysfunctional offense with a huge coaching transition, and her defenders said, 'at least she was willing to shoot'. We get spoiled watching Uconn's offense, and seeing a number of opponents who have very well coached teams.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
There's a better chance of Breanna Stewart transferring to Tennessee for one year than Davis ending up at Tennessee.

Neither is happening.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's any coincidence that Kaela's mom recently followed the Lady Vols Basketball Twitter. Maybe if some of our more aggressive fans would let the player, family, and coaches handle this as opposed to weirdly tweeting Kaela's mother, the best outcome for everybody could be achieved.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
I don't think it's any coincidence that Kaela's mom recently followed the Lady Vols Basketball Twitter. Maybe if some of our more aggressive fans would let the player, family, and coaches handle this as opposed to weirdly tweeting Kaela's mother, the best outcome for everybody could be achieved.

Or, she followed the Lady Vol twitter to get fans talking and speculating about Kaela coming to Knoxville, even though both parties know it's not happening.

Reaction Score
Tennessee WILL NOT recruit Kaela Davis or talk to her if she approaches them. Swish Appeal reported this today.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There's a better chance of Breanna Stewart transferring to Tennessee for one year than Davis ending up at Tennessee.

Neither is happening.

You put a damper on some of these UCONN fans hopes with that statement ;)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
A big if--but, if she comes to Tennessee and her/Diamond/Russell/Cooper play team ball, can avoid bad shots and take care of the ball...that will be one extremely athletic and talented lineup. Realistic? Probably not, but regardless, Tennessee would be stacked with a talent like Davis joining the team.
Holly would be jolly. Then melancholy.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
View attachment 9562

Here's a breakdown of shot taking at UConn. There were a total of 2,513 shots taken during the season in 39 games.

Stewie took 19.5%
Tuck took 15.9%
KML took 15.8%
MoJeff took 13.1%
Kia Nurse took 11.3%
Gabby took 8.5%
Saniya took 6.6%
Kiah Stokes took 5.1%
Nice work compiling this. This is a big part of why opposing coaches have trouble game planning against UConn. Take away one threat and another takes it's place. We are the Hydra of woman's college basketball.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Nice work compiling this. This is a big part of why opposing coaches have trouble game planning against UConn. Take away one threat and another takes it's place. We are the Hydra of woman's college basketball.
Well said. Much more literary than Whack-a-Mole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom