Kaela Davis Leaving Georgia Tech | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kaela Davis Leaving Georgia Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
View attachment 9564

Not even close to the same...Maya made 52.4% of her shots that year. She also made 84.3% of her free throws. Care to guess who led the team in assists...? Hint - Maya with 151... and only 85 turnovers.. :cool:
And she led in rebounds with 313...:p

One last thing, UConn was 36-2 w/ Maya leading the team that year... ;)

P.S.- And Maya's mom is a sweetheart...:)

Oh, it was close until you got to individual shooting percentages. And when it comes to Maya Moore, it is rarely necessary for me to do as Spock did in Star Trek IV.

Throughout Maya's senior season, I had concerns about the team's chances of three peating because she represented what, IMO, was too much of UConn's offense; A far higher individual percentage than any of UConn's other teams. As it turned out, my concerns were misdirected.

Reaction Score
Diamond isn't going anywhere. She has said she is using her eligibility. She is where she wants to be.

And I remember when she committed to Tenn.

And I remember when she was going to build something great at UNC

I'll wager with you that barring injury she will turn pro after the 16/17 season with her class, with a year of eligibility left, just like Parker.

Reaction Score
Good thing no GaTech fans post on this board.... otherwise they would have you roasting on a spit... then afterwards... they would dump you on a yellow jackets nest.

LOL I have already edited my gross violation. Thanks

But exactly what is a Ramblin Wreck?

Reaction Score
She's been with Dawn at the tryouts all week. And, Baylor has thinned their roster recently.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Can you elaborate? Inquiring minds want to know.

I can a little.....
Something things I just wont get into.

For starters she was yelling constantly. She was referring to her daughter as "baby girl" the ENTIRE time which isn't necessarily wrong but after the 50th time in one half....its too much!

Its interesting that someone mentioned the amount of shots that she was taking. Why? One of mothers favorite things to yell was "Any shot you don't take is a missed shot baby girl" and "shoot it baby girl. just shoot it".

That was followed by "those girls cant guard you baby girl"...."their too slow baby girl, just shoot it over them".....

Constant...yelling.

One game she was benched by MJ for some early foul trouble and "Put #3 in or your gonna lose this game". That one I think she yelled about 5 times. Keep in mind she was sitting about 6 rows behind the bench.

There were many others....those were just a few i can think of that the moderators would allow.

I probably am not even painting the right picture. It was far worse than anything i can type.

IMO she has no respect for GT or MJ as she displayed in Florida.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
Is this the same Kaela Davis that battles Meniere's disease? If so, I recall reading that she had lost 90% hearing in her left ear and that her father was very concerned about her other ear. Meniere's can also cause migraines and vertigo, which would definitely make playing at an elite level a huge challenge.
I hope not, for her sake. It takes basically 7 years to get it out of your system, and yes kills hearing in that ear. That's the good part. The bad part is the vertigo and constant vomiting during the earlier stages of it. Hopefully she had a shunt placed in her ear, which helped me tremendously. Took 7 years before I could eat pizza again.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
One thing great HS and AAU players fail to recognize. As good as you are in HS your just another player in College. You need to be coached at the next level. Diana Maya Tina have all become better because of great coaching and discipline. To those HS and AAU players that think theyre all it. Your not. You need to be taken to the next level. As more and more girls graduate HS and go to college there will be more and more great players. Only those who are coached at the College level will make it to the next level. Some will make it on their talent most wont. Just look at the WNBA and those girls playing over seas????? How many non starters are making big money over seas???? Yeah UConn non staters. So if you think starting is so important, instead of thinking how many minutes will I get then go play for somebody other then Geno. There are a lot of girls starting on other teams that cant make the WNBA let alone over seas. Think about it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I can a little.....
Something things I just wont get into.

For starters she was yelling constantly. She was referring to her daughter as "baby girl" the ENTIRE time which isn't necessarily wrong but after the 50th time in one half....its too much!

Its interesting that someone mentioned the amount of shots that she was taking. Why? One of mothers favorite things to yell was "Any shot you don't take is a missed shot baby girl" and "shoot it baby girl. just shoot it".

That was followed by "those girls cant guard you baby girl"...."their too slow baby girl, just shoot it over them".....

Constant...yelling.

One game she was benched by MJ for some early foul trouble and "Put #3 in or your gonna lose this game". That one I think she yelled about 5 times. Keep in mind she was sitting about 6 rows behind the bench.

There were many others....those were just a few i can think of that the moderators would allow.

I probably am not even painting the right picture. It was far worse than anything i can type.

IMO she has no respect for GT or MJ as she displayed in Florida.

I now think Knoxville is the perfect place for Kaela and Kendra. I hope it happens. _/\_

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
I now think Knoxville is the perfect place for Kaela and Kendra. I hope it happens. _/\_

Thanks...but she had her chance. Don't think UT will be in the mix. We have plenty of guards anyway. We need posts/forwards! Appreciate ya looking out tho! :)

Reaction Score
One thing great HS and AAU players fail to recognize. As good as you are in HS your just another player in College. You need to be coached at the next level. Diana Maya Tina have all become better because of great coaching and discipline. To those HS and AAU players that think theyre all it. Your not. You need to be taken to the next level. As more and more girls graduate HS and go to college there will be more and more great players. Only those who are coached at the College level will make it to the next level. Some will make it on their talent most wont. Just look at the WNBA and those girls playing over seas????? How many non starters are making big money over seas???? Yeah UConn non staters. So if you think starting is so important, instead of thinking how many minutes will I get then go play for somebody other then Geno. There are a lot of girls starting on other teams that cant make the WNBA let alone over seas. Think about it.

How true this is..... I have been saying long time that coach is the most important person on the roster...... If you cannot be coached at college level, then you most assuredly will not be a star to the level you were in HS

Reaction Score
http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/5/19/8625795/kaela-davis-to-transfer-from-georgia-tech Per this article her statement on her Instagram account reveals Kaela's intentions for transferring. She wants to compete for a National Title. When she played at TN as a freshman, she said in her press conference in regards to TBA: "It was an honor to play here." In her heart, she's always wanted to be a Lady Vol, and I suppose she now sees we have the pieces to compete for a title and would like to be a part of that.

Kaela Davis will be a Lady Vol, folks.

Reaction Score
Upon heavy consideration today at work, I've decided to recant my statement made earlier on this thread lol....I'd take Kaela in a heartbeat, especially if UT is where her heart is.

Reaction Score
Upon heavy consideration today at work, I've decided to recant my statement made earlier on this thread lol....I'd take Kaela in a heartbeat, especially if UT is where her heart is.

My thing is that, regardless of everything else, she has loved Tennessee since she was a child. She grew up watching her close friend and idol, Candace, make her legacy there. When Pat was diagnosed, she said she wanted to play in honor of her. No matter what has happened, similar to Diamond, she always loved Tennessee. If she's making the effort to transfer, my guess is that the place must be Tennessee.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Why do you say that?

Tough academic school... probably one of the top schools in the P5
Limited number of majors see link below.... not sure if they even have B.A degrees

http://www.gatech.edu/academics/bachelors-degree-programs

Urban campus in the heart of a major city might not appeal to some
Unbalanced Male/Female ratio 2:1
Not much of a fanbase/fan support for WCBB ... I go to the ACC women's tournament every year.... and even when they made the finals in 2012 (first and only appearance in school history) there were only a handful of Jacket fans.... even though Atlanta is just 4 hours from Greensboro.
Very intense coach

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well I would think Tenn would be a good fit however with bad blood between KD and DD well that may not work and if she does go to Tenn and there is still bad blood well that wont work either. Gotta wonder whats going on behind the scenes. If not Tenn then where? Louisville Kentucky UNC Duke SC are the good teams from her area. IMO if you don't have chemistry it wont work. Can KD and DD get along as team mates or will there be ball hogging problems as well as star qualities and star recognition. I do know one thing. The hardest thing to cure is an attitude problem. From what Im reading in this thread is there could be problems because there was a problem. Is it worth the risk? Absolutely NO. Tenn if Russell is healthy is good enough. Will KD make a big difference which is positive....or negative. Im not sure Tenn needs her with who they have on their roster and whos coming in. So for me I don't think it worth the risk, but for Tenn coaching I think they will take her if given the chance because they still imo don't understand its not about the players its about the players playing as a team. JMO folks. Good Luck to KD.

Reaction Score
There is no bad blood between the girls. Draya, Diamond, T'ea and Kaela are all close friends and remain that way. They all have played and trained together in the summers and most of their parents are friends. I do believe her mom has burned many bridges though. But that is pure speculation and based on numerous accusations of her actions.

Reaction Score
Ive been wondering where the notion of Kaela and Diamond not getting along has came from for quite some time. From my understanding they've always been friends and competed with and against each other since their early high school days. I know at one point Diamond didn't want to play on an AAU team anymore that was coached by Davis's dad but other than that the two have never had bad blood to my understanding. All I know is that if UT is where she really wants to be, then by all means follow your heart like Diamond did. I'm pretty sure Kaela knows what's in store if she does decide to transfer to UT.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
View attachment 9564

Not even close to the same...Maya made 52.4% of her shots that year. She also made 84.3% of her free throws. Care to guess who led the team in assists...? Hint - Maya with 151... and only 85 turnovers.. :cool:
And she led in rebounds with 313...:p

One last thing, UConn was 36-2 w/ Maya leading the team that year... ;)

P.S.- And Maya's mom is a sweetheart...:)
Maya's grandfather is a sweetheart too.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She was not getting any exposure. GT was not recruiting well enough to build a team around her, and she clearly wasn't getting developed at a high level as exhibited by her not making a USA Team. The best thing for her would be to come to Tennessee. That was her dream school her entire childhood. She would get exposure at the level she deserves, and it would bring her closure, hopefully, to be at the school she'd always dreamed of. Additionally, she has great friendships with Carter, Tucker, Russell, and others.

are you saying she'll develop at Tennessee :rolleyes:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Kaela's parents already engaging on twitter with one of the (vol)crazy fans from the Summitt.

Things have been downright boring in Knoxville lately. Let's hope that changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom