PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wow durham tore his acl in hs? interesting. Don't mind him being a high priority due to other physical tools (length mainly), but I think a guard is also desperately needed in 16. I mean look at the backcourt depth chart ( assuming purv throws his hat in for the pros).

Gilbert/Cassell
Adams/?

Not good at all. Myles powell fits in nicely here as a stopgap for diallo in 17, but even so I wouldn't mind KO dipping into the grad transfer market for another gibbs like transfer next year.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Durham is kinda a long, lanky, PF/C. I'm guessing 6'10-11" by now. He's very talented offensively & a nice athletic shot blocker. I really like his game, though he's recovering from a torn ACL currently. He'd look great next to Diarra & Enoch upfront. Gabriel is more skilled on the perimeter & wants to be a SF in college, which if we have enough bigs inside it may be enticing for Gabriel to meet his goal as a SF here. Think of the length up front? Not saying we will get both or either, but Durham visiting is really a good sign. He'd be an excellent addition! I'm being greedy to want both!

I thought that Durham looked great in that video with both Durham and Tony Bradley. He could be explosive and also show skilled moves. He had surprising quickness for his length. Tough he is having to go through an ACL repair and really hope he comes back strong. I hope we stay on him and bring him to Storrs....he has that "something" about him.

Reaction Score
wow durham tore his acl in hs? interesting. Don't mind him being a high priority due to other physical tools (length mainly), but I think a guard is also desperately needed in 16. I mean look at the backcourt depth chart ( assuming purv throws his hat in for the pros).

Gilbert/Cassell
Adams/?

Not good at all. Myles powell fits in nicely here as a stopgap for diallo in 17, but even so I wouldn't mind KO dipping into the grad transfer market for another gibbs like transfer next year.

Sign me up for Powell, Durham, and DeAndre Hunter and call it a day.

Reaction Score
I like Florida guys visiting in August or September...

Get the kids on campus and let Ollie work his magic

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Surprised were getting a visit because of the minimal talk about this kid. Wonder how good of a shot we have. He has a nice game, but will definitely need to add a good amount of strength, especially in his legs which look like toothpicks. Obviously he would be a great addition.

From 3 months ago:

Reaction Score
Surprised were getting a visit because of the minimal talk about this kid. Wonder how good of a shot we have. He has a nice game, but will definitely need to add a good amount of strength, especially in his legs which look like toothpicks. Obviously he would be a great addition.

From 3 months ago:

he tore his acl after that so who knows how he looks now. he looks 6'11 though

Reaction Score
wby is no one talking about this? 6-11 five star, athletic, shot blocking big man? Seems like the prototypical KO type center in a four out, one in up-tempo attack. No idea where we stand with him, but he visiting. Seems that this should be more of the talk then whether or not Coach K sucks or not.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The kid needs to go on the "all you can meat" diet and gain a few lbs., but he's long as hell and light on his feet...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
wby is no one talking about this? 6-11 five star, athletic, shot blocking big man? Seems like the prototypical KO type center in a four out, one in up-tempo attack. No idea where we stand with him, but he visiting. Seems that this should be more of the talk then whether or not Coach K sucks or not.

I'm ready to sign him up. Does that count? (Don't answer that). What a nice surprise to have him visit! Let's hope he falls in love with the coach, team, and school and commits on the spot.

Love the behind the back dribbles leading the break at 6'11". How does he compare to Gabriel?

Reaction Score

Gilbert/Cassell
Adams/?

I think this kid would fit right in with a Kevin Ollie offense. I also think that we are in need of a big more than a guard. I don't see Purvis leaving early at all. If for some reason he leaves early then yes we need another guard but I feel Brimah is gone this year leaving us with Diarra, Enoch and Facey upfront.

Reaction Score
I think this kid would fit right in with a Kevin Ollie offense. I also think that we are in need of a big more than a guard. I don't see Purvis leaving early at all. If for some reason he leaves early then yes we need another guard but I feel Brimah is gone this year leaving us with Diarra, Enoch and Facey upfront.

Purvis is graduating this year, and has all but confirmed that he's leaving school after.

Reaction Score
It's far from an either / or situation in terms of whether we need a guard or a big. We have three more scholarships to give even if everybody comes back, and I highly doubt everybody comes back.

Reaction Score
It's far from an either / or situation in terms of whether we need a guard or a big. We have three more scholarships to give even if everybody comes back, and I highly doubt everybody comes back.
ya it would seem likely that we lose at least 2 of Hamilton, Purvis, and Brimah...very possibly all 3 (i don't think there's any way brimah is gone, but weirder things have happened)

Reaction Score
Purvis is graduating this year, and has all but confirmed that he's leaving school after.
I know what Purvis has said and all, but if he has another back and forth year - which I don't believe he will - he will likely be one of the many to benefit from the new rule that allows the players to enter for the draft, figure out where they stand and then come back to school. I say this thinking he will declare automatically, but if he is inconsistent I believe his draft stock will be more than likely undrafted in which case I think he'd return.

However, none of the aforementioned hypothetical matters in my eyes because I think he is going to have a breakout year and solidify himself as a second round draft pick.

Reaction Score
I know what Purvis has said and all, but if he has another back and forth year - which I don't believe he will - he will likely be one of the many to benefit from the new rule that allows the players to enter for the draft, figure out where they stand and then come back to school. I say this thinking he will declare automatically, but if he is inconsistent I believe his draft stock will be more than likely undrafted in which case I think he'd return.

However, none of the aforementioned hypothetical matters in my eyes because I think he is going to have a breakout year and solidify himself as a second round draft pick.

Regardless of how Purvis' draft stock looks after this season, I don't see it improving with another year of college. He'll be 23 by the 2017 draft. If he's not NBA material by the end of this season, he's going to Europe.

Reaction Score
Regardless of how Purvis' draft stock looks after this season, I don't see it improving with another year of college. He'll be 23 by the 2017 draft. If he's not NBA material by the end of this season, he's going to Europe.
I was thinking about his age when countering your post. I'm torn, honestly. If he declares after this year but but finds out he isn't going to be drafted, you think he still willingly passes up his 4th year of eligibility for Europe automatically?

Reaction Score
I was thinking about his age when countering your post. I'm torn, honestly. If he declares after this year but but finds out he isn't going to be drafted, you think he still willingly passes up his 4th year of eligibility for Europe automatically?

He gets paid in Europe, and he'll have a degree. What's the purpose of coming back to college at that point?

Reaction Score
He gets paid in Europe, and he'll have a degree. What's the purpose of coming back to college at that point?
Haha this is true. I don't know. I guess maybe it's different from an outsider's perspective. I definitely am all for getting paid, but it seems like he loves it here. Maybe a sour ending to the season and burning passion to win a ring here brings him back. Who knows. But you're right, when the money comes calling...

Reaction Score
@3uconn @Zionn @husky99 ....any thoughts here? This sort of came out of nowhere and there hasn't been much chatter. Great news that he's visiting this weekend.

Reaction Score
@3uconn @Zionn @husky99 ....any thoughts here? This sort of came out of nowhere and there hasn't been much chatter. Great news that he's visiting this weekend.
It's not really out of nowhere it's just that he's been hurt for the past 6-8 months so not many people are talking about him nationally. We've been recruiting him for a while now.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The kid needs to go on the "all you can meat" diet and gain a few lbs., but he's long as hell and light on his feet...

He's not a 5. He doesn't really need more weight. Most of his blocks are of jumpers, not challenges at the basket, and most of his close shots are in transition, not because he plays inside. His game reminds me of a young Donyell, actually. I think bulking up might actually hurt his offensive game, as the skills he's developed seem centered around speed, agility and reach, not power.

Reaction Score
8/28: UConn OV
9/9: Miami in-home visit
9/10: Florida in-home visit
9/18: Miami OV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics