Judas Shuttlesworth | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Judas Shuttlesworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
You are a Knick fan first and then a UConn fan? That is worst than your thread title.

I know, I've witnessed 3 national titles and no World Titles during my time here on earth. It's tough being a Knick fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know, I've witnessed ... no World Titles during my time here on earth. It's tough being a Knick fan.

I caught both of them. You didn't miss much.

Reaction Score
You guys know that I've been Ray's biggest cheerleader...but I am having an AWFUL time with this. I get that he wanted to fire a shot over Ainge's bow, I get that he wanted a 3 year contract instead of 2, I get that he would like another ring before he retires, but what I cannot get my mind around no matter how hard I try, is the fact that Celtics fans will BOO him when the Heat play in Boston. Why would you want to end your career on that kind of note? I would've supported him if he had gone ANYWHERE besides Miami...especially after the playoff series. The whole thing is just heartbreaking...

Hold on. Are you suggesting he shouldn't sign with another team because the last team will boo him?

If you're being sarcast, bra- -vo.

Reaction Score
but what I cannot get my mind around no matter how hard I try, is the fact that Celtics fans will BOO him when the Heat play in Boston.

I think you give the boston fans way too much credit. They would have booed him no matter where he went. Philly fans once booed Santa Claus. The only reason boston fans haven't yet done the same thing is, they just haven't had the opportunity.

Reaction Score
I think you give the boston fans way too much credit. They would have booed him no matter where he went. Philly fans once booed Santa Claus. The only reason boston fans haven't yet done the same thing is, they just haven't had the opportunity.
Just like your other posts on this issue, you're 100% off base.

If Ray went anywhere but Miami (or the Lakers), he would've gotten a standing ovation from the Boston fans.

Reaction Score
Just like your other posts on this issue, you're 100% off base.

If Ray went anywhere but Miami (or the Lakers), he would've gotten a standing ovation from the Boston fans.
I agree, that Boston fans likely would have cheered him on any team but the Lakers or Heat but who cares? Ray is supposed to chose where to play for the next 3yrs based on what noises fans make a few minutes on visiting courts each year?

Reaction Score
I don't believe I said that...

He was a free agent - he could have (and did) chosen to go wherever he wanted. And Boston fans are free to boo him over that decision.

Reaction Score
His time was done in Boston. The Heat were the best fit. It's not like Larry going to play with Magic. He wasn't even guaranteed to start and Boston has been looking to trade him the last two years. He made the right move.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
And they thought signing Jason Terry was a bigger priority. Hard to fault Ray on that one.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I don't know about that 93. Celts fans HATE the Heat. Kinda like Husky fans hating on Duke. Youk got a standing O at Fenway last night. Not sure Ray would have gotten one of those no matter where he went, but because he went to Miami, he is guaranteed to hear BOOS when he goes back to Boston...that full page ad he took out in the Globe notwithstanding. That WAS a classy move on his part, tho...

Reaction Score
I don't know about that 93. Celts fans HATE the Heat. Kinda like Husky fans hating on Duke. Youk got a standing O at Fenway last night. Not sure Ray would have gotten one of those no matter where he went, but because he went to Miami, he is guaranteed to hear BOOS when he goes back to Boston...that full page ad he took out in the Globe notwithstanding. That WAS a classy move on his part, tho...

So, by your own admission, Ray is a class act and boston fans are going to boo him. That makes perfect sense to me.

Maybe you, or anyone else, could explain why boston fans would have any reason to hate The Heat. boston is a storied franchise with rafters full of championship banners.......one of which they won recently by assembling a team of three superstars, two of which (Ray & KG) they signed as free agents to complement Paul Pierce.

The Heat have a total of 2 championships, one of which they just won by signing two free agents (LeBron and Bosch) to complement Dwayne Wade. The building of The Heat's championship team looks awfully similar to the building of boston's championship team.

So, why hate The Heat? Why boo Ray Allen?

Reaction Score
The Celtics glory days are well in the past. They caught lightning in a bottle when they obtained Ray & Garnett a few years ago. Miami did the same under the current set of rules.
Boston fans can boo Ray all they wish. But, as a non Celtic fan, but a huge UConn fan, I hope Ray gets another championship in Miami.
I really had to block my nose when I saw Ray with Boston. Now, I can go back to fully root against them.

Reaction Score
So, by your own admission, Ray is a class act and boston fans are going to boo him. That makes perfect sense to me.

Maybe you, or anyone else, could explain why boston fans would have any reason to hate The Heat. boston is a storied franchise with rafters full of championship banners.......one of which they won recently by assembling a team of three superstars, two of which (Ray & KG) they signed as free agents to complement Paul Pierce.

The Heat have a total of 2 championships, one of which they just won by signing two free agents (LeBron and Bosch) to complement Dwayne Wade. The building of The Heat's championship team looks awfully similar to the building of boston's championship team.

So, why hate The Heat? Why boo Ray Allen?
Too much is made over how fans might react to opposing players or players that have left franchises then return. "Boston fans are classy because they applauded Kevin Youklis in his last at bat and upon his return." That is very overstated and doesn't serve as a proxy for the mythical status and character of a fanbase. Assuming cheering helps and booing hurts, Boston fans should cheer their team and boo their opponents, any other behavior is counter-productive. Interpreting deep meanings and fan values based on the noises they make is the province of equally meaningless talk radio and message board noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedRabbit84

Top Bottom