JUCO TE Brannon Green commits to... | The Boneyard

JUCO TE Brannon Green commits to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OU. According to scout.com. wow.. we lost yet another solid recruit. Don't blame him though. That's OU. our QB situation is reeeediculously unstable to boot.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
dam! this morning it was MSU and now its OK. P had one heck of a recruit, to bad we couldnt keep him. All of a sudden a couple of our best prospects are no longer going to be at uconn, stinks.

Reaction Score
Can't blame the kid. Both OU and for that matter MSU actually have more of an immediate need at TE than UConn. UConn has it's top 3 TE back next year, while OU is graduating it's top 2 and has only 2 more on the roster. The cupboard is bare after Griffin, Delehunt, and Manning graduate next year. I still expect McQuillan to shift to TE given his 6'4" frame and the fact that things seem pretty set with Hinckley and Frank at FB. I know Norris was recruited as a LB/DE, but has shown nice pass catching skills in HS. If a decent TE is not brought in for this class he would be a good option.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Did Manning redshirt yet? If not, he should get a redshirt year.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Griffin, Delahunt and Manning will all be 5th year seniors next year

Reaction Score
OU. According to scout.com. wow.. we lost yet another solid recruit. Don't blame him though. That's OU. our QB situation is reeeediculously unstable to boot.

The QB situation was the final straw I'm sure and an easy sell for Stoops and his staff. Can you blame the kid???

Reaction Score
Can't blame the kid. Both OU and for that matter MSU actually have more of an immediate need at TE than UConn. UConn has it's top 3 TE back next year, while OU is graduating it's top 2 and has only 2 more on the roster. The cupboard is bare after Griffin, Delehunt, and Manning graduate next year. I still expect McQuillan to shift to TE given his 6'4" frame and the fact that things seem pretty set with Hinckley and Frank at FB. I know Norris was recruited as a LB/DE, but has shown nice pass catching skills in HS. If a decent TE is not brought in for this class he would be a good option.

So an Oklahoma Sooners TE recruit couldn't break into the Husky Depth Chart? UConn's TE's are OK, but come on . . . they aren't Aaron Hernandez, Rob Gronkowski, J Shockey - like, or anywhere near to best 25 TE's in the country.

Reaction Score
So an Oklahoma Sooners TE recruit couldn't break into the Husky Depth Chart? UConn's TE's are OK, but come on . . . they aren't Aaron Hernandez, Rob Gronkowski, J Shockey - like, or anywhere near to best 25 TE's in the country.

We will never know, but if you only have 2 years to play do you want to go to a school and compete against 3 5th year seniors or a school with a couple of younger kids with no extensive experience? That is obviously not even bringing into play the fact that it is OU vs UConn.

Reaction Score
Lets just call it for what it is, the kid got a big time offer he was hoping for and jumped on it. I doubt TE competition or "fit" had anything to do with it. The article says he got the offer and accepted within hours without even having a visit to Norman. There was no thought into this, he accepted the OU offer because they are OU, plain and simple. Can't blame him.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this^. also he had camped at OU before the season and got a visit from OU during the season. he didn't pick it blind.

Reaction Score
this^. also he had camped at OU before the season and got a visit from OU during the season. he didn't pick it blind.

I was vague, but referring to not having any official visit.

Reaction Score
I can imagine Stoops saying. We are proud of our 40% graduation rate. Don't worry you won't have to go to class or anything like that. It's kind of up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom