Juco players? | The Boneyard

Juco players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If no more bigs are available for 2013 why not go after a juco player with some size. They won't eat up a scholli for to long and seems better then settling for guys like Leon or Nolan. Even big strong guards we can get the juco rout.

Reaction Score
Lots of guys go to Junior College because they have work to do academically. Our administration doesn't seem too keen on bringing in players with questionable academics.

caw

Reaction Score
If no more bigs are available for 2013 why not go after a juco player with some size. They won't eat up a scholli for to long and seems better then settling for guys like Leon or Nolan. Even big strong guards we can get the juco rout.

Ummm Nolan hasn't looked that bad for a freshman. He looks like the type of kid who can get much better. Leon hasn't shown much yet, but he's still fine as a 13th man this year, maybe not a 10th/9th man.

That said, I wouldn't mind a JC or even another kid in Evans' situation.

Reaction Score
Ummm Nolan hasn't looked that bad for a freshman. He looks like the type of kid who can get much better. Leon hasn't shown much yet, but he's still fine as a 13th man this year, maybe not a 10th/9th man.

That said, I wouldn't mind a JC or even another kid in Evans' situation.

Nolan hasn't shown much either from what I've seen, but he should play a lot more than 8.4 minutes a game. He is probably our second best rebounder and he barely plays. I think it's time we try a starting lineup of Olander, Nolan, Daniels, Bazz, and Boat. This gives us more size with Giffey and Calhoun first off the bench with 20 minutes a piece.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nolan is very athletic. I love his potential. He just doesn't have the team play down yet. When the players are pointing their fingers to direct a player the pointing is almost always telling Nolan where to go. When he figures things out, he is going to be a major help for this team.

Next season UConn will have a more mature Nolan (hopefully) and Facey! I'm not sure there is a need for a juco big.

Reaction Score
DD and PN need to put on 10-15 lbs of muscle for next year-get in the weight room!!

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
DD and PN need to put on 10-15 lbs of muscle for next year-get in the weight room!!

Probably need to include Facey in that. He's strong for his weight, but still skinny. On the flip side, Samuel looks pretty well built for a high school senior guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom