Josh Boone Article | The Boneyard

Josh Boone Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Summer league....would be nice to see him bounce back, I really thought Josh was going to have a long productive 10+ year career after how well he did in his second season. He was great at finishing around the rim and putting himself in the right position for garbage baskets and putbacks, and also showed the nice passing ability he had at UConn. His free throw issues really got the best of him as he became terrified of doing anything on offense around the rim cuz if he got fouled there was a good chance he was going to airball or brick the free throws.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Summer league....would be nice to see him bounce back, I really thought Josh was going to have a long productive 10+ year career after how well he did in his second season. He was great at finishing around the rim and putting himself in the right position for garbage baskets and putbacks, and also showed the nice passing ability he had at UConn. His free throw issues really got the best of him as he became terrified of doing anything on offense around the rim cuz if he got fouled there was a good chance he was going to airball or brick the free throws.

Josh was another one that I was never sure how much he wanted it. I've no inside info, and that assessment could have been unduly inluence by his laid back on the court demeanor, but I just never got the sense that everything in his soul was bent on being the best he could be. jmo

Reaction Score
Very good player, just lacked the "it" factor, that competitive edge that makes all the difference.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I liked Boone... but he would just get really down on himself when things didn't go his way and I think that snowballed.

Reaction Score
When you can't shoot you better be Ben Wallace. Josh, Gavin and AO are 3 similar position players who I could never figure out why they weren't better than they were. Like the opposite of Adrien who I can't figure out how a kid with such bad hands and weak shooting could make himself into an NBA potential player. Can it be as simple as "want to"?

Reaction Score
Good old Josh Brown. When he was keeping us in the Duke game in '04 I never would have guessed he'd end up a basketball vagabond. Problem was always between his ears.

Reaction Score
He was a beast in the NC game vs Georgia Tech. I remember him grabbing a number of offensive boards and putting back a lot of second chance points. God...the size and talent we had on the front court then was incredible... Boone 6-10, Villaneuva 6-11, Okafor 6-9 and Armstrong 6-10.

Reaction Score
Josh was a very good Husky......freshman year similar to Shabazz as a somewhat unexpected impact player as a frosh assisting to win a NC!! Good stuff......

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Hilton Armstrong is tearing things up in the Chinese summer league, but I have no idea what the level of competition is there. He recently had a 21 point, 23 rebound, 8 assist performance.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Boone's NBA stats (aside from FT%) weren't exactly horrible. I don't know why nobody took him as a backup big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom