Jordan Brand Classic | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jordan Brand Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A couple folks asked me to breakdown Dham's game. Don't have time now; maybe sometime soon.

No one on this website has asked you to do anything ever.

"Guys! I am too busy! I will answer all of your basketball questions later!"

dinosaur-sock-puppet-fun.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I absolutely love it when chief is plied for his basketball knowledge. This is very entertaining.

Oh yeah, Hamilton is great too.

Reaction Score
A couple folks asked me to breakdown Dham's game. Don't have time now; maybe sometime soon.

Was this a request from Tom Konchalski or in the alternative are you fulfilling a request courtesy of the late great Marty Blake? If you could PM me ASAP as to the approximate time of this Chief00 analysis it would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation regarding this very important matter...;) lol

Reaction Score
No one on this website has asked you to do anything ever.

"Guys! I am too busy! I will answer all of your basketball questions later!"

dinosaur-sock-puppet-fun.jpg

Hahahahaha! You guys are killing me. This thread is awesome!

Reaction Score
[quote chief00, post: 942901, member: 707"]A couple folks asked me to breakdown Dham's game. Don't have time now; maybe sometime soon.[/quote]
If we cant get the breakdown now, soon is the next best option. I will be waiting with my reading glasses on.

Reaction Score
6'8.5" in shoes plus the hair makes him about 7 feet :) he will be listed at 6'9". Comparing how he looks now to when he got measured over the summer I would guess he is around 185 lbs right now. Hopefully he can up the weight a little before the season and be a dominant SF.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Daniel-Hamilton-72516/

Did you check out the picture on that site…….Sean Miller in the background saying "….. Ollie got that one dammit" :D

Reaction Score
Hamilton is going to be a player. Looked good in the limited time he played. Did anyone else notice out of the starting lineups he was the only one who looked like an actual high school student?! Definitely will need to bulk up. Thought he looked more like 6'6" too. Most likely a 2 guard in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Definitely will need to bulk up. Thought he looked more like 6'6" too. Most likely a 2 guard in my opinion.

In the NBA perhaps, but definitely not in college. He's a prototypical college wing (i.e., a 3). You put him at the 2, your lineup is going to be grossly underskilled at other positions. JC forced that sort of lineup for a number of years, and it was a disaster on offense.

C

Chief00

As usual a mix of Boneyard opinions; boys and girls update on Tuesday on DHam.

Reaction Score
Dom Amore‏@AmoreCourant
Daniel Hamilton 4 for 6, 2 for 2 on threes. 10 pts, 2 rebs, in 11 minutes in Jordan Brand game #UConn
Big time handle for a kid his size. Great scoring instincts. I think within a team oriented offense, DHam will be a dangerous offensive player. No idea about his D or if he needs to learn balance between scoring and passing.

Anyone find out why he played so little? He looked good when he was in there and it made no sense why he got do little PT.

He's going to be yet another talented recruit who is going to play with a chip on his shoulder, DHam is the next Hungry Husky.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, just got back to town but Dog's post got me thinking.
1) His defense stinks now but so doesn't most HS scorers. He is long enough but not muscular or overly explosive.
2) Will put points on board easily- nice shot - which will be needed with probably 3 best shooters leaving (Bazz, Giffey, Daniels?)
3) He dribbles pretty well, but also kind of high without forearm to shield from defenders (a la James or Pierce)
4) Hear that Daniels has been hanging out with Dre last few days - parents are not pressuring Daniels to go pro like so many others but he may want to anyways.
5) Hamilton will have to be more inclined to pass to keep teammates happy with him. The pass option is way down his list.
6) Also heard that Dunn wants to transfer to UConn - coaches did not say no but my guess is they have other targets - mild interests at best. Not a great shooter, injury prone but good defender/decent passer.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, just got back to town but Dog's post got me thinking.
1) His defense stinks now but so doesn't most HS scorers. He is long enough but not muscular or overly explosive.
2) Will put points on board easily- nice shot - which will be needed with probably 3 best shooters leaving (Bazz, Giffey, Daniels?)
3) He dribbles pretty well, but also kind of high without forearm to shield from defenders (a la James or Pierce)
4) Hear that Daniels has been hanging out with Dre last few days - parents are not pressuring Daniels to go pro like so many others but he may want to anyways.
5) Hamilton will have to be more inclined to pass to keep teammates happy with him. The pass option is way down his list.
6) Also heard that Dunn wants to transfer to UConn - coaches did not say no but my guess is they have other targets - mild interests at best. Not a great shooter, injury prone but good defender/decent passer.

1) His lateral movement /quickness on the defensive end is good and his basketball IQ has the potential to be extremely bullish once under the tutelage of KO . Hamilton is explosive off the dribble and will beat defenders adnauseam both in the half court and on the break. Being "muscular" is not a prerequisite to being a great player. The likelihood of DH gaining the requisite strength to contribute on the boards and not get posted up to his detriment should be resolved by November (6 months). DH will be at his optimum strength his Sophomore year (JMHO).

2) check

3) DH's handle is his strongest suit. It is close to flawless for a hybrid 2/3 at his age.

4) There was a twitter pic of DD & Dre together recently. DD's dad does put an exceptionally high value on his son graduating from college.

5) Hamilton will have no problem assimilating himself into the team concept at UConn. He is a scorer/shooter by nature but not at the risk of alienating himself from teammates. DH is a winner and a prize recruit. Hamilton has the DNA of the next great superstar at UConn. IF DD comes back that combo will be lethal by the time March Madness rolls around if not sooner. Hamilton will not coast early in his Freshman year. When D. Ham's game clicks though in February to the fullest extent this UConn team will be ready to....dare I say it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom