Jordan Brand Classic HS All Star Game ESPN3 3:30 Friday | The Boneyard

Jordan Brand Classic HS All Star Game ESPN3 3:30 Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
See Katie Lou, D'Janae and Napheesa live in the Jordan Brand Classic All Star Game Thursday April 17 ESPN3 @ 3:30 PM.

Following info taken from Rebkell site.

The high school girl's all-star game in Jordan Brand Classic at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn, NY, will be streamed live by ESPN3 at 3:30 pm EDT on Friday, April 17.

The 24 players in the game are:

West

De’Janae Boykin (Springdale, Md./Connecticut)
Taja Cole (Chesterfield, Va./Louisville)
Te’a Cooper (Powder Springs, Ga./Tennessee)
Sophie Cunningham (Columbia, Mo./Missouri)
Kiah Gillespie (Hartford, Conn./Maryland)
Jordan Hosey (Manvel, Texas/Texas)
Kyra Lambert (Schertz, Texas/Duke)
Beatrice Mompremier (Miami/Baylor)
Taylor Murray (Severn, Md./Kentucky)
Arike Ogunbowale (Milwaukee, Wisc./Notre Dame)
Katie Lou Samuelson (Santa Ana, Calif./UConn)
Destinee Walker (Orlando, Fla./North Carolina)

East

Kristine Anigwe (Phoenix/California)
Kalani Brown (Slidell, La./Baylor)
Napheesa Collier (St. Louis/Connecticut)
Asia Durr (Atlanta/Louisville)
Brianna Fraser (Brooklyn, N.Y./Maryland)
Ashley Hearn (Sachse, Texas/UCLA)
Lashann Higgs (Round Rock, Texas/Texas)
Brianna Jones (N. Babylon, N.Y./Louisville)
Marina Mabrey (Manasquan, N.J./Notre Dame)
Teniya Page (Chicago Heights, Ill./Penn State)
Ali Patberg (Columbus, Ind./Notre Dame)
Stephanie Watts (Matthews, N.C./North Carolina)

Additional player bio details are here:

http://jordanbrandclassic.com/2015-all-american-girls-team-bios/

This is the first year the Jordan Classic will have a girl's game, which will be hosted (whatever that means) by Maya Moore.
___

HGN

Reaction Score
Interesting that the other FF team , South Carolina , has no recruit named to either team.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Interesting that the other FF team , South Carolina , has no recruit named to either team.

South Carolina only has one recruit in the upcoming class, a Canadian. They've nearly maxed out on scholarships and really don't have room for anyone else right now.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Napheesa calls Geno a " Tough coach." HAHA. Kid, you have NO idea. But if you, Lou and DJ embrace his teaching, there is no limit to what you will accomplish.

Her coach at IW, Dan Rolfes, has a rep of being very tough as well. And I have said previously that his teams plays as close to a UConn style as any HS team I've seen. Don't know what his aspirations are, but he's a name to remember whenever Geno retires.

HGN

Reaction Score
South Carolina only has one recruit in the upcoming class, a Canadian. They've nearly maxed out on scholarships and really don't have room for anyone else right now.
Well that explains it. Thanks.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Q&A with Maya Moore, host of inaugural girls Jordan Classic event:

Q: One of the players, Napheesa Collier from Incarnate Word outside St. Louis, is from your hometown, Jefferson City, Mo., and she is also going to UConn. Have you had any interaction with her?

A: I met her once when I was back visiting family in Jefferson City. She was a freshman or maybe even going into her freshman year. I really didn’t know her, but people in my family have said to me, ‘She reminds me of you.’ Hopefully she turns out to be a great player. Last night we had a little event for the kids and I saw her there. I’m excited that she is going to UConn. It’s really cool and kinda strange that we have a very similar story of our growing up.

Q: Along with Collier, there are two other UConn signees in this game in Katie Lou Samuelson from Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) and De’Janae Boykin from Flowers (Baltimore). Have you taken special interest to give them some insight into what they can expect at UConn?

A. For this game, I’m going to tell the referees to make sure no fouls are called on them and tell the coaches to run all plays for them (laughs.). I would love to share more specifically about my experience at UConn if it comes up. I’ve lived it so anything I can tell them to help, I’d be willing to do.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/qa-with-maya-moore-host-of-inaugural-girls-jordan-classic-event

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
ESPN3 ? really, no room on ESPN

Not the best showcase, but there is one good thing about it. Typically, things on E3 are available for on-demand replay for a couple of weeks.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Game's underway. Collier the only Husky starting. The uniforms are awful. Hard to make players out.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Who's doing this game Brook Weisbrod? She just said when Cooper heard Diamond was going to TENN then she wanted to go. Didn't Cooper officially announce for TENN before DD did? Maybe Cooper knew DD was going to TENN but the rest of the world didn't yet.

Reaction Score
KLS not playing. Evidently, she has a bad left shoulder that she didn't tell anyone about. They said it will take couple of weeks of rest.

Reaction Score
This game isn't pretty at all. Really fast tempo with a pile of missed jumpers and layups. Score is only as high as it is because of the pace.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Collier with 12 points at the half on 5-7 shooting. She is all over the place with her hustle. She will fit in well here.

Boykin with a basket just before the buzzer

Reaction Score
Just tuning in. I'm surprised at Collier. She looks much stronger than I remember from the summer.

Reaction Score
Good interview with KLS conducted while the second half is being played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom