Jones lacking burst and athleticsm | The Boneyard

Jones lacking burst and athleticsm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
"Scouts seem to agree that he has the size and instincts to compete at the next level but is lacking in overall burst and athleticism.

And scouts are never wrong about players.

Reaction Score
Has anyone, ever, in the history of scouting said "scouts are never wrong about players"?

Reaction Score
Head Coach a Diaco called it at the beginning of the seasn:

"I think he (byron jones) will be one of the best players in the country," Huskies coach Bob Diaco said last summer. "Everyone will see it eventually when they put him in those compression shorts [at combines]. You will see a tall, long, lean and fast and explosive and athletic player. His numbers, with our developmental process, you are going to see at the end of the day one of the best tangibly gifted cornerback players in the country."

Reaction Score

"I think he (byron jones) will be one of the best players in the country," Huskies coach Bob Diaco said last summer. "Everyone will see it eventually when they put him in those compression shorts [at combines]. You will see a tall, long, lean and fast and explosive and athletic player. His numbers, with our developmental process, you are going to see at the end of the day one of the best tangibly gifted cornerback players in the country."

Well, it is a good sign that Diaco could recognize his ability right away.

Reaction Score
Didn't you stop following the team?

FWIW, it was a legit question. There is a difference between football burst and a broad jump performed in spandex. So I don't know if the scouts were necessarily wrong about their assessment yet. Renaldo Nehimiah was a world class sprinter but a lousy WR.

You just went straight to mode because that's what comes natural to you.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what they scouts think Byron just guaranteed himself a spot to be drafted. He may have been on the bubble of seven rounds. He no longer is

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
FWIW, it was a legit question. There is a difference between football burst and a broad jump performed in spandex. So I don't know if the scouts were necessarily wrong about their assessment yet. Renaldo Nehimiah was a world class sprinter but a lousy WR.

You just went straight to mode because that's what comes natural to you.
Well the quotes by the scouts said he had size and instincts. If jumping over 12 feet and 44 inches isn't burst then what is ?

Reaction Score
It won't in the slightest. Some of us are just happy that a former Husky/team captain just got a lot closer to playing on Sundays.

Oh I am too. But some people choose to celebrate in the douchiest way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom