John A. with some future scheduling news.... | The Boneyard

John A. with some future scheduling news....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Is the tourney in Naples for our eminent Boneyarder David? He's amazing!

YES..!!! Drinks on me..!!! Or desert, depending on your preference...;)

PS - Isn't the FGCU basketball chief an UConn alum..? May explain this scheduling...or it could be the 76 degrees this past week...:cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

PS - Isn't the FGCU basketball chief an UConn alum..? May explain this scheduling...or it could be the 76 degrees this past week...:cool:
Not sure about the "chief" but Mel Thomas is the Director of Basketball Operations. Unfortunately, we don't get to Naples until Feb. Would have loved to see the team play after spending a day at the beach. ;)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Geno does understand this is the Naples in Florida, right? :)
Well sure, and Holly is making all the travel arrangements for the Huskies as a Vol gesture of appreciation for all that Geno has done for UTenn. Fly into Rome and take the bus down to Naples. Visit some vineyards on the way down.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I may be there. I'd love to meet you. There is no need to treat, but thanks!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

As noted Mel is Director of Basketball Operations.

However, FGCU will not be at that tournament, so I don't think it factored in.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
John Altavilla ‏@jaltavilla 59m
The exempt tournament next season for #UConnwomen in Naples is the Gulfcoast Showcase #BleedBlue

John Altavilla ‏@jaltavilla 56m
This year's field at the Gulfcoast Sincluded UCLA, NCState, MissSt, Wright State, James Madison, Grand Canyon, Middle Tenn SE Louisiana

Per John A, the teams for next year's even include (so far) UConn, Arizona State, Minnesota, Villanova, Green Bay and College of Charleston. There will be two additional teams added, one of which will be a Sun Conference team.

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-women/

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
It would be great to have a socal series, I know CC3 is a huge Geno fan so doesn't surprise. Get it done next year so we can support KML, could be an ulterior motive too ;);)

Reaction Score
Duke will play UConn next year (2014-2015), in Hartford or Storrs.

Cam, have you heard anything about Duke wanting to discontinue the series after next year? I hope Duke continues to play UCONN every year.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Sounds good to me.

Wonder if they are working on something in Iowa for Stokes?

This is exactly the same thing I've been wondering. You know... since I'm 45 minutes from U of Iowa. ;)

Of course, my luck hasn't been that great. I lived in Atlanta and it took so long to do Maya Moore's homecoming game (and Ketia Swanier didn't even get one!) that I had left the area before the game happened. Now I feel like either Kiah Stokes either won't get a homecoming game or we'll be gone from this area by the time it happens.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Cam, have you heard anything about Duke wanting to discontinue the series after next year? I hope Duke continues to play UCONN every year.

Have not heard anything about UConn and Duke not continuing the series.

MSU and UConn had a home-and-home series when McCallie was there. And she and Geno have a very good relationship for the most part (except for a few recent recruiting battles). She "gets" his sense of humor. They have a shared Italian heritage. And she will banter with him.

This is her seventh season at Duke; this will be the seventh time that Duke has played UConn (six in regular season games). Next year is the back end of a home-and-home.

Cannot imagine why it would not be continued after next season (unless McCallie gets tired of being blown out or Geno tires of wins that meet or exceed 25 points).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Of course you would...... thats akin to me saying that I hope USC-Upstate continues to play Duke every year :oops:

Reaction Score
Of course you would...... thats akin to me saying that I hope USC-Upstate continues to play Duke every year :oops:

No, I really do like Duke because they are one of the few teams that has the talent to compete with UCONN. I know that the last few years the games have been one sided and have not been close, but I feel this year could be different.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No, I really do like Duke because they are one of the few teams that has the talent to compete with UCONN. I know that the last few years the games have been one sided and have not been close, but I feel this year could be different.

I agree, but then again..... I thought the same last year... and the year before that, and the year before that :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom