John A notes UConn's special season | The Boneyard

John A notes UConn's special season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
John Altavilla, it's like reading The Boneyard, but on a lag.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This team is really, really good!!!
WHAT??? Are you serious? That is totally newsworthy as I had no idea.

Still, in fairness, I like John's stuff and it's nice that the horde still follows the team a lot. Not all UCONN fans are on the BY so i bet many people appreciate his numbers. BUT... we do have a KML 3 point watch as well as a Kiah Stokes career blocks watch.

Reaction Score
Geno did tell the team after the South Carolina game that they weren't as good as the team that played Stanford earlier in the season, because that team was undefeated.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
To give the full picture of dominance, UConn as of 2/25 is:

1st in: Points/Gm, Points Allowed/Gm, Scoring Margin, Assists/Gm, Assist/TO Ratio, FG Percentage, FG Percentage Against, and Blocks

2nd in: Three Point Percentage and Fewest Fouls Committed/Gm

5th in: Rebound Margin

8th in: Turnover Margin

27th in: Steals

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score

1st in: Points/Gm, Points Allowed/Gm, Scoring Margin, Assists/Gm, Assist/TO Ratio, FG Percentage, FG Percentage Against, and Blocks

They are closing in a bit recently on Princeton for the 3-pt shooting percentage lead, mainly because the Tigers went 8-29 the last two games, so UConn has a chance to move up to #1 if the Tigers stay cold. Doubt they'll catch Chattanooga on the PFs though because the Mocs are too stingy and there's not enough games left to close the gap.

Reaction Score
They are closing in a bit recently on Princeton for the 3-pt shooting percentage lead, mainly because the Tigers went 8-29 the last two games, so UConn has a chance to move up to #1 if the Tigers stay cold. Doubt they'll catch Chattanooga on the PFs though because the Mocs are too stingy and there's not enough games left to close the gap.
I disagree on the fouls per game. They can catch Chattanooga if they commit only 3 fewer fouls per game for the next 4 games IMHO. That will give UConn 10 #1's, a record, when Princeton losses it's first game that will take care of the winning percentage one. 10 #1's and NC #10. Nice Symmetry !

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This team is really, really good!!!
I said that this team would be unbelievable before the season started when some were scared and scarred by the loss of Bria and Stef. This who they always were going to be.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interesting re Chattanooga--the Philly coaches, Jim Foster and Geno, teach defense without fouling. I always thought that Tennessee and Rutgers taught defense irrespective of fouling (or worse).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I think that points per game and points per game allowed automatically give us MOV. :)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I disagree on the fouls per game. They can catch Chattanooga if they commit only 3 fewer fouls per game for the next 4 games IMHO. That will give UConn 10 #1's, a record, when Princeton losses it's first game that will take care of the winning percentage one. 10 #1's and NC #10. Nice Symmetry !
That's very unlikely. You do realize we are talking about a very low number of fouls for both teams, right? Unless, Chattanooga suddenly becomes hack-happy (and they won't), they will continue at their 11.1 rate for their last 5 to 6 games. For UConn to finish ahead of the Mocs, they would likely have to commit less than 8 per game the rest of the way in likely 11 games. To put that in perspective, their final regular season games are against teams that they committed 13 and 14 fouls against in the initial games this season. Add in some games against tougher opponents in both the AACT and the NCAAT, and all I can say is that it would be another incredible feat if it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom