John A.: KML says she's fine, could play Sat | The Boneyard

John A.: KML says she's fine, could play Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Mosqueda-Lewis did not travel to Texas with the team, which likely helped aid her recovery. She watched the games on television and even had dinner over Auriemma’s home one night.

(Nothing like some good home cooking to speed the recovery! :))

LINK

U

UCONNfan1

Music to UCONN fans' ears. If she's probably ready to go on Saturday, it sounds like she'd be really ready to go on Monday.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
This is just fantastic. KML is a great, great player who adds dynamism to the offense. If your memory is at all durable, you recall how good she was against Louisville and Duke, and how far ahead of the pack UConn looked. The team with KML is the one UConn deserves to have...and the one fans deserve to see!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree with Alex. KML is a great player who adds another dimension as well as depth. I'm happy for Kaleena. She wants to play and contribute.

Some home cooking from Cathy Auriemma and Nonna would heal anyone!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Great News. We need her to get healthy. Sat and Monday will be a measuring stick to see where we are. My concern is with no disrespect to our opponent's or the AAC but UConn has not been really challenged. Actually no team has provided a real challenge for UConn but the past couple of games weren't a real test. RU and LVille will be. Our defense will shine bright.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
KML, apparently talking about her tiredness before it was diagnosed: "I feel I'm a student athlete. I'm not going to know I'm really tired unless I'm close to dying." Now that is a keeper. Kid is one of a kind. May she come back strong.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Great News. We need her to get healthy. Sat and Monday will be a measuring stick to see where we are. My concern is with no disrespect to our opponent's or the AAC but UConn has not been really challenged. Actually no team has provided a real challenge for UConn but the past couple of games weren't a real test. RU and LVille will be. Our defense will shine bright.

With Kaleena back, you know where we are.
10-12 on Senior night and 20 in L'ville to their detriment.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Home cooked Auriemma meals. Reason enough for any recruit to select UConn. Available at no other school!
If the kids know that, it should be a no-brainer. I still have 4 years of eligibility left, and I'll wash dishes. Where do I sign? :)

HGN

Reaction Score
Great news on KML....Whether she plays on Saturday or not its good to hear she could play. That's a positive right there, that she even feels good enough to play.

Keep getting better Kaleena.

Reaction Score
So what is the Italian equivalent of my Jewish Mother's chicken soup? Whatever it is it must have helped!

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Kaleena's return will have a "Willis Reed" affect on the team, that will carry it to it's appointed date with history and Title #9!

Reaction Score
The news keeps getting better and better by the hour. No need to rush her at this point, just let her ease on in.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The news keeps getting better and better by the hour. No need to rush her at this point, just let her ease on in.
Sure, get her in for 10 quick minutes to sink 7 or so bombs, then give her a breather for the rest of the game. That should do it.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Now I know how Jimmy Dugan felt when Dottie Hinson showed up for the last game of the world series.
Better yet, the Huskies are not going to meet the same fate as the Peaches.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've heard that mono relapses are common. Hope she doesn't go down that road. Better she's healthy for the playoffs.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Geno will play her if she is cleared to go and looks respectable in practice. I would think she will play no more than 15 minutes of the game.

To our opponents, the sharp shooter is back and you can't ignore her. If you do, it is at your own peril!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
KML, apparently talking about her tiredness before it was diagnosed: "I feel I'm a student athlete. I'm not going to know I'm really tired unless I'm close to dying." Now that is a keeper. Kid is one of a kind. May she come back strong.
Yea, it's hard for these kids to know if they are tired because they are a college student, playing D1 basketball, traveling all over the place or because they are actually sick. Seems like they are probably "tired" to some extent most of the time.

The cool thing is (for the Huskies and us fans) KML will get better and better as she gets healthier. :D

Reaction Score
Beyond what she may contribute on the court, Geno also alluded to the psychological relief/morale boost that she'll provide to the team. He suggested players may have felt extra pressure trying to make up for her absence.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Beyond what she may contribute on the court, Geno also alluded to the psychological relief/morale boost that she'll provide to the team. He suggested players may have felt extra pressure trying to make up for her absence.
Absolutely. or AbsoFreakin'lutely.
This post season just got a lot more fun.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Well, that sure was a warm and fuzzy post.

But relax.
We always need our mojo preservers, as I think things are getting a little too giddy happy fun for comfort knowing that the WCBB gods are always looking to smite the smug.

The last sentence in the linked FAQ was interesting, as I did not know that "many other conditions" such as hepatitis and toxoplasmosis could imitate mono. Good to know for personal reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom