John A.: Beating UConn not as simple as it may seem | The Boneyard

John A.: Beating UConn not as simple as it may seem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“There is only so much that you can do,” Shields said. “They have a great team and it is very, very difficult. You don’t realize. You go through the scout and watch them on film and think ‘How hard can it be?’ It’s hard. We haven’t played that level of team this year, because they are at a different level. It was hard.”

LINK

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They haven't seen anyone with Moriah's speed and quickness, Kaleena's hustle and touch, or Stewie's multifaceted game. Throw in Bria's aggressiveness and clutch shooting plus Stef's size, mobility, and skills. Put all 5 on the court and it's overwhelming. This may be the best, most balanced offense I've seen.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Every time I heard "Shields", I thought of "Diamond De"...

Agree with Milford. If KML, Mo, Bria, and Stewie are all threats from outside, and with Stewie and Stef such threats inside, there's not a lot you can do. You have to try to take something away, concede something dangerous, and possibly not even succeed in what you were trying to take away.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The only real factor that could screw things up is if the 3-pt shooting doesn't quite hit, but last night it was at 50%. When KML and Bria are not being given close attention on the outside their 3s are deadly, and the bombs are just devastating to the opponents. But last night it was hard to put much pressure on the outside because Stef and Stewie were doing a lot of damage inside and MoJeff was constantly threatening a blow-by.

A very hard day's night for the Hawks and any other team if the Huskies can keep the perimeter lit up.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Don't forget that KML can also do some dirty work inside, and that MoJet is a demon on putbacks!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
All 5 starters are extremely capable of hitting the 3 pointer. I would, also, have great confidence in any one of them taking a last second shot for the win and spreading the court with all those threats is a huge challenge for ANY D to cover.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
All 5 starters are extremely capable of hitting the 3 pointer. I would, also, have great confidence in any one of them taking a last second shot for the win and spreading the court with all those threats is a huge challenge for ANY D to cover.

For shame! What is this "last second shot" business, an intra-squad scrimmage?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The only real factor that could screw things up is if the 3-pt shooting doesn't quite hit, but last night it was at 50%. When KML and Bria are not being given close attention on the outside their 3s are deadly, and the bombs are just devastating to the opponents. But last night it was hard to put much pressure on the outside because Stef and Stewie were doing a lot of damage inside and MoJeff was constantly threatening a blow-by.

A very hard day's night for the Hawks and any other team if the Huskies can keep the perimeter lit up.
And the amazing thing as I posted in its own thread is that Moriah who was so dumbfounded when Stanford refused to guard her in the second game of the year that she forgot how to shoot is on a two month long streak from the outside to put up against anyone - hitting 65.5%!!! At the moment she looks so confident at hoisting that shot if left open and that moment has been here since Feb 1st!

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
Right now all 5 of UCONN's starters are playing at an All American level. We know that at most 3 of them will actually be AA, but right now they are all playing at that level.

Can they be beat? Sure. But it ain't gonna be easy.

Reaction Score
I quit on the humble stuff. UConn women cannot be beat this year, period.
There is nothing like them out there. I think even on a down night, they can't be beat.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Anyone can be beaten. Remember that awful Stanford game? That stuffed my mouth. And we somehow (Maya) pulled it out. Let's just hope no one gets hurt, that's always my real worry.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Anyone can be beaten. Remember that awful Stanford game? That stuffed my mouth. And we somehow (Maya) pulled it out. Let's just hope no one gets hurt, that's always my real worry.
THAT team scoring 12 points in 20 minutes was beyond surreal. Then Maya went into a phone booth, donned her cape, and took over.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

John A.: Beating UConn not as simple as it may seem

Who said it was simple.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
They haven't seen anyone with Moriah's speed and quickness, Kaleena's hustle and touch, or Stewie's multifaceted game. Throw in Bria's aggressiveness and clutch shooting plus Stef's size, mobility, and skills. Put all 5 on the court and it's overwhelming. This may be the best, most balanced offense I've seen.
Thought I was reading a TonyC post at first. Amen. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Actually, it is simple, hard but simple.

Score more points. It is as simple as that but it is a b itch to do.

Reaction Score
Just remember at any time Geno can put on that press, and who ever Stewie is guarding you can't pass to, or 7-1 takes it the other way like last night. Notre Dame has turned the ball over 500 times in 34 games, 72 more times then UConn in 36 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom