Jodorowsky's Dune (documentary) | The Boneyard

Jodorowsky's Dune (documentary)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Recently watched this, it's a pretty amazing story of how a movie that was never filmed still changed Hollywood. This guy assembled a team of artists including HR Giger and cast David Carradine, Orson Welles (!) and Salvador Dali (!!!). This was a few before Star Wars and Alien, so if the studio hadn't killed the Jodorowsky production (they eventually gave it to David Lynch, who distanced himself from the final product after being financially hamstrung by the producers and it bombed) we'd be talking about this film instead of Star Wars as a cultural touchstone.

Reaction Score
Going to have to see this. And I didn't thing that Lynch's Dune was that bad.

Reaction Score
Very frustrating documentary to watch, as I kept wishing he had gotten the project done and to the screen.

Reaction Score
Recently watched this, it's a pretty amazing story of how a movie that was never filmed still changed Hollywood. This guy assembled a team of artists including HR Giger and cast David Carradine, Orson Welles (!) and Salvador Dali (!!!). This was a few before Star Wars and Alien, so if the studio hadn't killed the Jodorowsky production (they eventually gave it to David Lynch, who distanced himself from the final product after being financially hamstrung by the producers and it bombed) we'd be talking about this film instead of Star Wars as a cultural touchstone.

Considering how much I love scifi, I REALLY need to read Dune. I've read and watched so many esoteric scifi things, but still haven't gotten that under my belt. Is it pretty decent?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Like you (and Jodorowsky), I haven't read it either. I think I started to read it in high school, maybe got 1/3 of the way through.

Reaction Score
Considering how much I love scifi, I REALLY need to read Dune. I've read and watched so many esoteric scifi things, but still haven't gotten that under my belt. Is it pretty decent?

I listened to it on CD. It was really good.

But I really got into the new books by his son Brian Herbert. Basically a series of Dune prequels that cover everything going back to even earth times. I thought they were high quality stuff.

I'm almost afraid of another Dune remake. Hollywood would probably cast Taylor Kitsch as Paul Atreides or something like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom