Jeter's Replacement? | The Boneyard

Jeter's Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hanley Ramirez: "Everybody knows I grew up looking at Jeter. It's why I wore No. 2 in Miami. He was my idol, my hero." And just coincidentally, Ramirez is a free agent after this season.

Not Drew

Reaction Score
Hanley Ramirez: "Everybody knows I grew up looking at Jeter. It's why I wore No. 2 in Miami. He was my idol, my hero." And just coincidentally, Ramirez is a free agent after this season.

Not Drew
Be careful what you wish for. Hanley had a great year offensively for the Dodgers last year, but here are some things I'd be concerned about. He may be breaking down. He missed half of the year in 2011 and 2013 due to injuries. He has had trouble in the both the Marlins and Red Sox organizations because of his poor attitude. He is a below average fielder.

Reaction Score
Be careful what you wish for. Hanley had a great year offensively for the Dodgers last year, but here are some things I'd be concerned about. He may be breaking down. He missed half of the year in 2011 and 2013 due to injuries. He has had trouble in the both the Marlins and Red Sox organizations because of his poor attitude. He is a below average fielder.

and he will be looking for a Cano contract, wouldn't be my first choice

Reaction Score
If available, I'd go for Tulowitzki. Real good player.
A story in the Denver Post today about that possibility. He also wears #2 as a Jeter fan. Don't know if NY could put together an appealing package for him, unless the Rockies really want to get out from under the $118 million they owe him after this year.

Reaction Score
Ramirez may be at the point where he has to move to 3B.As you said, he has been a problem in the past and those things really get blown up in NY.
Drew would make more sense for 2 years until the Yankees develop somebody or sign a permanent replacement. Drew could fill in for Jeter this year and start for a season next year. He is a solid SS defensively and would likely show more power in NY with the short RF. He is also a good teammate.
Boras must be pulling his hair out trying to find a club for Drew. The longer it takes the smaller the eventual contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom