Jersey Guy Blog | The Boneyard

Jersey Guy Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can't spell his last name and don't feel like looking it up. That blog is the delusional ramblings of a complete idiot.
What is with the constant use of the royal we?

Newspapers never had a chance in the internet age... but maybe if papers like the Globe didn't employ sportswriters who seemingly know nothing about sports that might have helped.

I wish him luck getting through a single paragraph this season without contradicting himself.

Reaction Score
I can't spell his last name and don't feel like looking it up. That blog is the delusional ramblings of a complete idiot.
What is with the constant use of the royal we?

Newspapers never had a chance in the internet age... but maybe if papers like the Globe didn't employ sportswriters who seemingly know nothing about sports that might have helped.

I wish him luck getting through a single paragraph this season without contradicting himself.
He's a moron. Here are the examples he came up with based on the UNC scandal:

Does this mean that if a group of football players from Team X go out and rob a convenience store and while they might be convicted of the crime, they would still be eligible to play since no NCAA violation was committed?
Does this mean that if school X provides limo service with entertainment for the entire student body from their dorms to the library each day, it is fine since no extra benefits were given since the entire student body received the same perks?
The answers to those are well known: yes and yes. More importantly, what do they have to do with the issue at hand? How about a simpler and more accurate question: "Does this mean that if school X's athletic advisors put players on a fraudulent path to eligibility it is OK as long as they also throw out fake grades to a few others in the student body?"

Reaction Score
mark blaudschun@blauds
New Big East members Boise State and SMU were 0-2. Thats not part of the master plan is it?

Another tool... heck we're not two weeks into the season and I'm gonna need to go by a bigger toolbox (Blaudshun, May, Gilmore)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Get Mark May his own box, it'll save you time at the end of the season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
These few paragraphs summary how bad he sucks: It's got it all. Fawning over a terrible coach and program at BC. Constant use of 'we'. Delusional predictions of what the season might be at BC. Well based on the outcome I guess losing was an option.

Certainly, BC’s record the past few years would suggest that, if you just looked at the numbers. But there is more to football at BC than W’s and L’s–and yes, we understand that W’s and Ls is still the bottom line at almost every program.

In horse racing terms–which Spaziani as a Jersey guy is familiar–he has had a rough trip as the head coach. Injuries, suspensions, coaching staff turmoil all have been part of the picture. Some he has handled well, some he has not.
Last year BC tumbled to 4-8 and the critics were all preparing the eulogies over Spaz’s head coaching career. And no one knows better than Spaz himself that a repeat of last year, WILL close the door on his head coaching career at BC.

We think BC can win this year. We think they can reverse that 4-8 mark which should get Spaz Coach of the Year votes.
Will they do that? Ah, there is the question of the year at the Heights this fall. We hope so. We hope so for the sake of players we like. We hope so for coaches we like.

It is not obvious, but a foundation of good kids and good players is being built at BC, much the same way O’Brien did it in his first few years at BC and the way he is doing it now at NC State.

We hope Frank Spaziani is around to watch what can be built on top of that foundation.

BC MUST beat Miami on Saturday. Losing is not an option in terms of what this means for the psyche of the football program and the coaching staff.

No cheering in the press box?

Forgetaboutit. We are going to do just that, even if we keep the mute button on.

Reaction Score
It remains a mystery to me how this guy got the scoop on the Aresco hire. Who in the Big East offices is leaking info to a BC hack?

Reaction Score
These few paragraphs summary how bad he sucks: It's got it all. Fawning over a terrible coach and program at BC. Constant use of 'we'. Delusional predictions of what the season might be at BC. Well based on the outcome I guess losing was an option.

Certainly, BC’s record the past few years would suggest that, if you just looked at the numbers. But there is more to football at BC than W’s and L’s–and yes, we understand that W’s and Ls is still the bottom line at almost every program.

In horse racing terms–which Spaziani as a Jersey guy is familiar–he has had a rough trip as the head coach. Injuries, suspensions, coaching staff turmoil all have been part of the picture. Some he has handled well, some he has not.
Last year BC tumbled to 4-8 and the critics were all preparing the eulogies over Spaz’s head coaching career. And no one knows better than Spaz himself that a repeat of last year, WILL close the door on his head coaching career at BC.

We think BC can win this year. We think they can reverse that 4-8 mark which should get Spaz Coach of the Year votes.
Will they do that? Ah, there is the question of the year at the Heights this fall. We hope so. We hope so for the sake of players we like. We hope so for coaches we like.

It is not obvious, but a foundation of good kids and good players is being built at BC, much the same way O’Brien did it in his first few years at BC and the way he is doing it now at NC State.

We hope Frank Spaziani is around to watch what can be built on top of that foundation.

BC MUST beat Miami on Saturday. Losing is not an option in terms of what this means for the psyche of the football program and the coaching staff.

No cheering in the press box?

Forgetaboutit. We are going to do just that, even if we keep the mute button on.

Wow...talk about admitting you're not a professional! He's just publicly stated that he's a fan...and not an objective journalist anymore (even if he was partially so before). I guess this MUST win... LOSS... now means that the psyche of the program, and the coaching staff, is back in line with last year's program! Such a bummer! :D

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'd be very surprised if a retired beat writer and now blogger can get a media pass for games. Maybe BC lets him in, in exchange for fluffing the program.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I think he's seen the future, having left his job at the paper and is trying to emulate Will from Deadspin. Right down to the royal "we". With a blog platform he can mix reporting and opinion; as long as he's upfront about it I don't have as much of a problem with it. But I can understand why other UConn fans would. I don't read his BC stories as much as his stuff on Aresco / NNBE, just cause I don't care to.

Reaction Score
It remains a mystery to me how this guy got the scoop on the Aresco hire. Who in the Big East offices is leaking info to a BC hack?
He's NOT a B.C. hack. If you've read his columns consistantly in the last decade, you would know that. He's always been a BIG East proponent, so much so that when BCU defected to the ACC, he railed constantly against that move. The denisons of 'Nut Hill urged the Globe to remove him as their beat writer covering BCU football & men's hoops. He was temporarily replaced by the Globe's then NASCAR writer Michael Vega who basically wrote puffpieces, much to the liking of BCU's fans. Blaudschun eventually resurfaced as BC & ACC beat writer, but he's always harbored an affinity for the Big East & kept close ties to the league offices.

Reaction Score
Gotta go back and look at his recent stuff but I think cap is spot on. Blauds is hated on BC fan boards. . . he's got same opinion of Flipper most here have.

Reaction Score
He's hated here for being a BC hack, hated there for being pro Big East. Probably means he's fair.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd be very surprised if a retired beat writer and now blogger can get a media pass for games. Maybe BC lets him in, in exchange for fluffing the program.

He covered the Penn State game for SI.com. If I were a BC fan I'd hate him too - supports Spaz, what else would I need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom