Jeff Boykin: Kudos to the horde | The Boneyard

Jeff Boykin: Kudos to the horde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
A reminder. Jeff may be referred to as a former Marine (no longer on active duty) but never call him an ex-Marine. Paratroopers are similarly quirky.

While I'm at it, let me enlighten some civilians that don't understand these things.

Use of terms like "flyboy," "grunt," "jarhead," and so on are terms of affection within the vast fraternity of those who serve, or have served. Like it or not, we reserve the right to toss these titles at one another but get resentful when "civilians" (that's everybody else) use them.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I do hope I kept somebody from being embarrassed. Or worse.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
A reminder. Jeff may be referred to as a former Marine (no longer on active duty) but never call him an ex-Marine. Paratroopers are similarly quirky.

While I'm at it, let me enlighten some civilians that don't understand these things.

Use of terms like "flyboy," "grunt," "jarhead," and so on are terms of affection within the vast fraternity of those who serve, or have served. Like it or not, we reserve the right to toss these titles at one another but get resentful when "civilians" (that's everybody else) use them.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I do hope I kept somebody from being embarrassed. Or worse.
I gotta find out when my uncle service and for what unit... he's 75

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

And they won't even see it coming......!! Just sayin' !!

Ba5SzyWIAAAKk_O.jpg:large

:)

T

TroyHouse66

Kibitzer...

Use of terms like "nudnik," "chauchem," "kibitzer," and so on are terms of affection within the vast fraternity of those who have grey hair, Yiddish as a resource language, and comment on others' card games over their shoulders. Like it or not, we reserve the right to toss these titles at one another but get resentful when "civilians" (that's everybody else, who never had a Bubbe) use them.

But we do reserve the rite to wish people "Happy Birthday" on Nov 10th.
(They covered my Dad at Airfield #2, Guadalcanal, in 1943-44)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Permit a personal story with a touch of humor, leavened with a smidgen of luck.

I am a proud member of the 82nd Airborne Division Association. Through our organization, I obtained a special Connecticut license plate, just as members of many organizations do. Mine has a little replica of a parachutist's badge to the side, and the word "PARATROOPER" on the bottom.

A few years ago, my daughter got into a little fender-bender collision at Fairfield University. The investigating police officer saw the writing on the plate ("DADISA") and asked, "Your dad is a what?"

She said, "Keep reading." He then said, "Oh! Your dad's a paratrooper?" She nodded, "Yes" (not volunteering that I haven't hooked up for 40+ years).

He then closed his book: "I'll give you a warning."

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Kibitzer...

Use of terms like "nudnik," "chauchem," "kibitzer," and so on are terms of affection within the vast fraternity of those who have grey hair, Yiddish as a resource language, and comment on others' card games over their shoulders. Like it or not, we reserve the right to toss these titles at one another but get resentful when "civilians" (that's everybody else, who never had a Bubbe) use them.

But we do reserve the rite to wish people "Happy Birthday" on Nov 10th.
(They covered my Dad at Airfield #2, Guadalcanal, in 1943-44)
1st Marine Division!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Jarhead!;)
I never had the pleasure to work under the 82nd, but our senior command was the 101st during my last tour in Afghanistan (we were a multi-service command called a PRT...Provincial Reconstruction Team)...one our our Army guys was prior 82nd and he said that the 82nd were the true airborne. (I'm actually Navy but take care of the 1st Marines)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I never had the pleasure to work under the 82nd, but our senior command was the 101st during my last tour in Afghanistan (we were a multi-service command called a PRT...Provincial Reconstruction Team)...one our our Army guys was prior 82nd and he said that the 82nd were the true airborne. (I'm actually Navy but take care of the 1st Marines)

And I thank you for your service!

Reaction Score
And they won't even see it coming.!! Just sayin' !!

Ba5SzyWIAAAKk_O.jpg:large

:)

I wouldn't want to see you coming, doesn't look like a friendly guy in that get up, I've seen him at his daughters games and he's quiet doesn't say much doesn't coach his daughter from the sidelines,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom