Jasper Howard Memorial | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jasper Howard Memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I'm in, too. Brings back a lot of memories, mostly bad...but some really good ones, too. Still find a bit of love for West Virginia from their show of class at Morgantown, and remember how we went out of our way to thank every Mountaineer fan we met at the Rent the next time. So glad this is getting done. We wear our #6 jerseys with pride.

Reaction Score
@danlow1963 do we have a progress update?
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't updated in a while. Been working with Uconn on lots of details. We are in great shape and will be unveiling the statute at this year's Homecoming game!!!! Uconn is doing this up right. Been working very close with the AD's office, and I must say, after months of starts and stops, they have really gotten on board. We will be announcing the memorial company this weekend, as soon as the P.O. is finalized. The statue will be ready and installed the week before the game and we will have an unveiling ceremony at halftime. It will be very special. I have as basic rendering I'll post in a few minutes. It's not a professional rendering, but with the time crunch, we just haven't had the time to get one done. As far as fundraising goes, we are in great shape and at this time we are looking more for numbers of donors more than the amount given. Don't get me wrong, I'd love some more big dollars because any extra goes into the Jasper Howard Scholarship, but really I want as many people to give no matter what the amount.
THIS IS HAPPENING! #Live365 #6for6

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Can't wait to see it in person. You guys are doing awesome. This is a welcome diversion...any good news lately is good news. Thanks again.

Reaction Score
Can't wait to see it in person. You guys are doing awesome. This is a welcome diversion...any good news lately is good news. Thanks again.

It's funny you should say that. My wife and I were just talking about that. Our focus has been so much on the tribute that I've been much calmer about things that would normally work me up! While I still live and die with this on the field during the game, I can't brood on it for four days!

Reaction Score
Thanks Danlow for spearheading this effort. Thanks to all who have contributed and any one else who wants to remember, #6 will always be there, a lasting tribute.

Reaction Score
How does the $ figure stand? This needs to happen.
Oh, this is happening! I'm not sure if you heard my wife and me on WTIC with Ray yesterday but the ceremony is set for halftime of the homecoming game against UCF. The entire 2009 team, including coaches, grad assistants, managers, etc. are being invited back and will be a part of the ceremony. Jasper's family is coming up from Florida. In fact, at last check 25 members of his family are making the trip up. The band will be involved from the field. There will be a video tribute produced by UConn, and the unveiling. The statue is being constructed as we speak. As far as $ goes, we're in great shape and I'm expecting us to be able to announce we've reached our goal this week, if not more. Right now, i'd like to encourage as many people to donate that have not, just to get as many involved as possible. This tribute is for all of Husky Nation. Kashif Moore has said on more than one occasion, that without the fans, they would have never gotten though it. This tribute, in the team's eyes, is in part as much about that as anything else. I think it is good to remember this in times like these, when we're all frustrated with results on the field, that it is a game. A great game, but just a game. #live365

Reaction Score
Oh, this is happening! I'm not sure if you heard my wife and me on WTIC with Ray yesterday but the ceremony is set for halftime of the homecoming game against UCF. The entire 2009 team, including coaches, grad assistants, managers, etc. are being invited back and will be a part of the ceremony. Jasper's family is coming up from Florida. In fact, at last check 25 members of his family are making the trip up. The band will be involved from the field. There will be a video tribute produced by UConn, and the unveiling. The statue is being constructed as we speak. As far as $ goes, we're in great shape and I'm expecting us to be able to announce we've reached our goal this week, if not more. Right now, i'd like to encourage as many people to donate that have not, just to get as many involved as possible. This tribute is for all of Husky Nation. Kashif Moore has said on more than one occasion, that without the fans, they would have never gotten though it. This tribute, in the team's eyes, is in part as much about that as anything else. I think it is good to remember this in times like these, when we're all frustrated with results on the field, that it is a game. A great game, but just a game. #live365

This response made my day. It is a wonderful tribute to a young life taken way too soon. He embodied everything you wish to see in a young person. It is encouraging to see the outpouring of support for the memorial. His teammates and closest friends as well as family being in attendance will be a goose bump forming experience. He was one of the best to pass through UConn and leave an impact forever felt. A great young man. An ever lasting effort. And a spirit that will never be forgotten. Live on and #live365

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
If @tcf15 isn't involved in the tribute video someone better connect the effort to him immediately.

Reaction Score
I just got home from work and wanted to thank everyone for the support and for donating. I had a heads-up about Randy but had to wait until UConn made it official. He has supported us all the way through and I can't thank him and his family enough. This whole effort has been amazing and I just can't wait until homecoming and to see it unveiled.

Now we've got to get the Rent full for the game. Between us, UConn doesn't want to appear to be trying to capitalize on the tribute to sell tickets and I totally respect that. It is a touchy position to be in. But that doesn't mean we can't push it! I want that place packed for Jazz! #gofor6

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I just got home from work and wanted to thank everyone for the support and for donating. I had a heads-up about Randy but had to wait until UConn made it official. He has supported us all the way through and I can't thank him and his family enough. This whole effort has been amazing and I just can't wait until homecoming and to see it unveiled.

Now we've got to get the Rent full for the game. Between us, UConn doesn't want to appear to be trying to capitalize on the tribute to sell tickets and I totally respect that. It is a touchy position to be in. But that doesn't mean we can't push it! I want that place packed for Jazz! #gofor6

I could not agree more with this. The Rent needs to be packed to honor Jazz properly. Personally, I can not wait for the unveiling - LONG overdue in my opinion. Thank you for all of your hard work and persistence in getting this together. And many thanks to everyone who has donated, including Coach Edsall. It's great to see the UCONN community, past and present, come together to honor such a terrific young man.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Great job Dan and Lori - this is just awesome. Section 130 is excited and of course our 6 will all be wearing #6.

Reaction Score
Just a quick update, the statue is being carved and constructed in Vermont as we speak and we'll be getting an update tomorrow on the progress. The ceremony is coming along nicely. The invites are out to the entire 2009 team and we're getting a great response from the players. Players are coming in from all over the country. Unfortunately almost every coach has a game that weekend and won't be able to attend. Saw Joe Moorhead and Jon Wholley this weekend when we went down to see Mike Nebrich and Tebucky Jones play at Fordham. The all are so excited about the tribute and wish they could be here. They are tearing it up in the Bronx. I'm very happy for all of them. Please make sure to do your best to get as many people to come to Homecoming. Jazz deserves it, and so does the entire 2009 team! It's going to be a day to remember. #gofor6

Reaction Score
I probably missed it but where will the statue be placed at the Rent?
Its going to be on the concourse in front of the jumbo-tron. It will be visible from almost the entire stadium. We originally wanted it down by the students and where the players come in, but it is too heavy! The other option was tucked away somewhere down that end, but once we stood on the spot it was awesome. It will really be a part of the stadium, not just a tribute in a corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom