Jasper Howard Memorial | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jasper Howard Memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Added some $$$ to the bucket. Its taken too long to get this going so hope we can all help drive it to completion.

Reaction Score
The 6 for 6 does sound pretty great. Some other ideas for you- Consider going tailgate to tailgate on Saturday with some collection buckets and i'm sure you'll raise a decent amount from the casual fan- especially when they have a few brews in them. With Uconn also being on board perhaps they can allow a collection at each entrance gate as well.

Reaction Score
Amazing with all the players in the NFL that it is taking this long. Sorry but it's disappointing.

Reaction Score
Made my $ today, I am nor sure the best place is under the scoreboard. EVERYPLAYER each game needs to high five Jasper for his inspiration and it should be a tradition

Reaction Score
Made my $ today, I am nor sure the best place is under the scoreboard. EVERYPLAYER each game needs to high five Jasper for his inspiration and it should be a tradition

We originally wanted it down where the players come out up near the student section but the statue weighs too much for that end structurally. The locker rooms are directly below. Also in our talks with the 2009 team, and especially Kashif Moore, they wanted it in a place the fans could interact with it. As they said, the players have their tribute in the Burton, this is to be for all of Husky Nation. Finally, when you stand on the spot, it is awe inspiring. The location makes it really part of the stadium, a real monument looking down on all of us, visible from the field and 90% of the seats in the Rent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Amazing with all the players in the NFL that it is taking this long. Sorry but it's disappointing.
We have been in contact with all of them and have been coordinating with them and the rest of the 2009 team.Because of game preparation at the end of last week for them, they were more difficult to get ahold of. They are all on board and have been talking back and forth and will come through for their brother.

Reaction Score
The 6 for 6 does sound pretty great. Some other ideas for you- Consider going tailgate to tailgate on Saturday with some collection buckets and i'm sure you'll raise a decent amount from the casual fan- especially when they have a few brews in them. With Uconn also being on board perhaps they can allow a collection at each entrance gate as well.
We're considering all these options. This will be done!!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Are there any renderings of the memorial statue yet? Really excited about this!

Reaction Score
Are there any renderings of the memorial statue yet? Really excited about this!
We are hoping to get the contract awarded tomorrow. If so I'll have a rendering very soon! Can't really release designs until it's awarded. We have been working with a number of monument companies since March I think! It all seems to blend. I can share that the responses from the companies have been incredible and we are getting an incredible deal whoever gets the contract.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Get paid this weekend so I'll be donating then. Much thanks to you and your wife for all the amazing hard work you've put into this!!

Reaction Score
We are hoping to get the contract awarded tomorrow. If so I'll have a rendering very soon! Can't really release designs until it's awarded. We have been working with a number of monument companies since March I think! It all seems to blend. I can share that the responses from the companies have been incredible and we are getting an incredible deal whoever gets the contract.
Good stuff Dan. Can't wait to see the rendering. Any updates on the total raised so far?

Reaction Score
Good stuff Dan. Can't wait to see the rendering. Any updates on the total raised so far?
I couldn't get ahold of anyone today, (13+ hour workday and i just got home) but from what I understand from a couple of days ago we are doing very well. We have some real momentum going, but I haven't gotten an update from the foundation since Tuesday with firm numbers, but my understanding is the donations are coming in very quickly. Working on getting the rendering out. right now all I have are line drawings and specs.

Reaction Score
The donations are coming in decently and we doing well for total dollars, but not as well as I would have hoped for the number of donors. For those that have given, THANK YOU, the generosity of people amazes me! For anyone that hasn't, please consider donating any amount. Really, no amount is too small. It's about who gives and not how much. I want the list of donors to blow them away. Consider giving $6 for 6. Cheaper than a beer at the rent. Get your name on that list!!

https://secure3.convio.net/ucfdn/si...DF4557.app325b?df_id=3820&3820.donation=form1

Reaction Score
Quick update. Meeting this morning at UConn. Went great! Statue is going to be unveiled at halftime of the Homecoming game. UConn is going to do this up right. Fundraising is on pace and we are expecting a big push over the next week and a half. In fact, there is now a link on uconnhuskies.com to give.
Rendering should be up in a day or so. Things in academia do tend to move slow, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom