Jasper Howard Memorial | The Boneyard

Jasper Howard Memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To all on the Boneyard, we have just gotten approval from the University and the UConn Foundation for the design and placement of a permanent memorial to Jasper Howard and the legacy he left us!! The memorial will be placed on the concourse in front of the scoreboard. It will be a granite 6 on a base that stands 6 foot 6inches high in total. One side will be an inscription and picture of Jazz and the other side will say "Play each play like it's the last play you ever play" It will be visible from almost the entire stadium!!

There will be an unveiling ceremony at the homecoming game November 1st. Details to follow.

I will post pictures of the design as soon as possible. In the meantime, while this is approved by the University, it is totally to be a fan, ex-player and and donor driven memorial, so please consider donating to the Jasper Howard Statue fund on the Uconn Foundation website linked below.

https://secure3.convio.net/ucfdn/si...1E944C.app325b?df_id=3820&3820.donation=form1

Reaction Score
Nicely done. Hear hear! How much do we need to raise? I've learned that the Boneyard does better when challenged with a target. A few years ago we planned to fund one student's trip to the Fiesta Bowl and ended up sending three (might have been four but I'm old and forgetful). Put it out there and folks here will step up.

I will pin at the top of the Board.

Reaction Score
Nicely done. Here here! How much do we need to raise? I've learned that the Boneyard does better when challenged with a target. A few years ago we planned to fund one student's trip to the Fiesta Bowl and ended up sending three. Put it out there and folks here will step up.

I will pin at the top of the Board.

Thank You!! We need to raise $25,000 and any extra raised will go directly into the Jasper Howard Scholarship fund. Let's go Boneyard!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Just donated. In my opinion, this is LONG overdue. Please keep us posted with where the tally is if you don't mind!!

Reaction Score
Just donated. In my opinion, this is LONG overdue. Please keep us posted with where the tally is if you don't mind!!
I sure will. Thanks Dooley! #HuskyUp #JazzUp

Reaction Score
Done!

"We are deeply grateful for your generosity and support of our efforts. Your gift makes a difference — it enables us to provide vital services to the community we serve. We count on you and people like you to ensure that we can continue providing these services."

#HuskyUp

Reaction Score
I'll mail out a check tomorrow. Just could not believe what the news was telling me that Sunday morning. Too often life makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone for the support. I don't have any firm numbers yet but we have had a ton of publicity including DC in the Courant, all the local sports blogs and even on NECN this morning. Kashif Moore has personally reached out to our NFL guys. Thanks for the link to the story Sportsart and for your great pledge idea! We are on our way!

I want to share a quick story of a player who shall remain nameless and his donation. This player recently left the team and he reached out to us last night to donate. We know he really doesn't have any money and told him it wasn't necessary for him to give and he said, "I know I never knew Jazz, but I want to honor the path he laid for all of us at UConn. I know from talking with all the older players how important he was and I need to do my part to remember him." THAT is the legacy we will paying tribute to! #HuskyUp. Forever a Husky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom