Jasmine Lister No Longer In LA... | The Boneyard

Jasmine Lister No Longer In LA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I saw that Parker was coming back the 29th. I am guessing that was done to make room in active roster.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
They were also missing two guards at the time she was picked up so it was always likely to be a short stint. She played very well while she was there so I am sure she is on a few teams 'short list' should they have an injury. And I would guess she will get a look in next years training camp. Like having her at Uconn, but she might be better off trying to pick up a foreign gig come the fall.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
One of the weaknesses of the WNBA is public relations. The team's websites are mediocre. I just checked the LA Sparks' website and looked up "News Releases." The last entry was from August 2014. Most pro teams at least have the courtesy of providing team transactions so that you can figure out what is happening with the team's roster. I also looked at the Sparks' Facebook page and could find nothing about Jasmine Lister. A link to the roster on their Online Press Room produces "Page Not Found." Pathetic.

Reaction Score
One of the weaknesses of the WNBA is public relations. The team's websites are mediocre. I just checked the LA Sparks' website and looked up "News Releases." The last entry was from August 2014. Most pro teams at least have the courtesy of providing team transactions so that you can figure out what is happening with the team's roster. I also looked at the Sparks' Facebook page and could find nothing about Jasmine Lister. A link to the roster on their Online Press Room produces "Page Not Found." Pathetic.
Maintaining the website, Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, etc, including writing articles, press releases and blogs, is less than a full-time job for a relatively low-paid marketing person. These teams are on very limited budgets, but some "cart before the horse" investment might pay tremendous dividends

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
They were also missing two guards at the time she was picked up so it was always likely to be a short stint. She played very well while she was there so I am sure she is on a few teams 'short list' should they have an injury. And I would guess she will get a look in next years training camp. Like having her at Uconn, but she might be better off trying to pick up a foreign gig come the fall.
was she a paid employee at UConn... if so, she may be better of staying at UConn than going overseas (safety, family, etc.) but 4-6 months of basketball may be a good gamble overseas, who knows!

Reaction Score
Jennifer Lacey was on the Sun's bench tonight. I didn't know she had been released by the Sparks.

Reaction Score
When she left here I predicted I predicted she would be back some day. We'll see.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
was she a paid employee at UConn... if so, she may be better of staying at UConn than going overseas (safety, family, etc.) but 4-6 months of basketball may be a good gamble overseas, who knows!
I believe it was a 'graduate assistant' post - I think she was enrolled in a graduate degree program.

Reaction Score
Jennifer Lacy was waived by LA on July 6th then claimed off waivers by Connecticut on July 8th. Connecticut waived Inga Orekhova when they claimed Lacy.

Reaction Score
nor is she listed as an active player in the WNBA according to its "Players" page or the LA Sparks roster. No mention of her being waived or traded though. Is she back at UConn?
Lister was on the bench at last Thursday's game against Atlanta. I'm watching it right now. I'll check to see if she was at the next game.

She also came into the game in the first half.

Last edited:

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Maintaining the website, Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, etc, including writing articles, press releases and blogs, is less than a full-time job for a relatively low-paid marketing person. These teams are on very limited budgets, but some "cart before the horse" investment might pay tremendous dividends

Still curious, I found that the WNBA lists transactions on its own (league) website. Interestingly, it hasn't been updated since July 8. As someone who has a personal website, I know that it only takes minutes to update a website page.

Correction: Two seconds after I posted this, I checked my link and noticed that the page was updated to include the Renee Montgomery/Monica Wright trade of July 20. But nothing is listed about Jasmine Lister.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
She's not among the 12 players listed in the box score of tonight's game.

Reaction Score
According to the updated WNBA Transactions Page, Jasmine Lister was waived by Los Angeles on July 17.

No matter what happens, she will always have been a professional athlete ...no one can ever take that away from her.

Wishing her the best, be it in the W, overseas, on the UConn sidelines, or wherever.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
According to the updated WNBA Transactions Page, Jasmine Lister was waived by Los Angeles on July 17.

No matter what happens, she will always have been a professional athlete ...no one can ever take that away from her.

Wishing her the best, be it in the W, overseas, on the UConn sidelines, or wherever.
A cup of tea is better than no tea at all. Thanks for the update.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Hard to believe she won't catch on somewhere. She is quick, smart, and fundamentally solid. Add to that her energy and character, and you have a pretty fair WBB guard. Good luck to you, Jas!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Hard to believe she won't catch on somewhere. She is quick, smart, and fundamentally solid. Add to that her energy and character, and you have a pretty fair WBB guard. Good luck to you, Jas!
the problem is there's plenty of others just as you described... I wished the W had more teams

Reaction Score
I think she had a lot of spunk but the fact that she stood next to Moriah Jefferson and looked two inches shorter didn't help her cause.

Reaction Score
She's hot (my opinion.. I don't think I'm alone in that assessment)

Reaction Score
She's hot (my opinion.. I don't think I'm alone in that assessment)
Here are three lovely young ladies, who also can play a little ball:
UConn Tampa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member