Jana and The Newbies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jana and The Newbies

Reaction Score
I don't think it matters what Geno wants or the young ones these days. Parity and deep rosters have changed the game and Geno will adapt just like he always has. The young ones will need to mature quickly and fight for their minutes if they want to be on a top team. I don't think Dawn lost any sleep over bringing in PaoPao and Cardoso...

We started this year with 14 and ended with 8ish. We need to fill the scholarships.

IMO, to compete for the championship, in today's game you need 9-10 starter quality healthy players in March.

I think Chen and a big like Beers would be perfect insurance for March.
Really? Who then decides to go after a transfer or two with the current roster at hand? The fans like you or the AD?

If the fans, you had better start drafting a petition for transfers to produce a win-the-NC-over-all-else two transfers and tell him how to coach them to fit smoothly into the team that guarantees a championship.

And good luck with that!

Reaction Score
I am looking forward to seeing Jana and the newbies in action.

I sincerely hope Yanna gets healthy and is able to recover her athletic prowess. She was able to dunk coming out of high school. She could be a tremendous help down low. I have not seen her play away from the basket so that could be an area for future growth.

So Jana and Yanna covering the 5 spot and Sarah and Ice covering the 4 spot. When Aubrey gets healthy, she will join the mix. I am looking fonward to the ”old”bies getting back too.

Reaction Score
You apparently think it’s okay to speculate about who might transfer in a fansite that our team may occasionally sample. I don’t. The rule we observe here isn’t just BY etiquette. It’s the sort of respect we ought to show all players and on all forums online.
OK.... No personal spitting match with you hear just a very different take on the topic. As you want to punch a reporter of facts in the mouth, I have a more conversational view.
There is speculation, conversation and realization, not to rhyme you out of the topic but some have to catch up with the new world of basketball order. No need to hide or shelter any players from the facts they are all most likely smarter than what you think. Just FYI.
This stuff is on their phone but for you here. ;)
https://www./features/2023-24-transfer-portal-tracker-ncaa-womens-basketball/

Reaction Score
OK.... No personal spitting match with you hear just a very different take on the topic. As you want to punch a reporter of facts in the mouth, I have a more conversational view.
There is speculation, conversation and realization, not to rhyme you out of the topic but some have to catch up with the new world of basketball order. No need to hide or shelter any players from the facts they are all most likely smarter than what you think. Just FYI.
This stuff is on their phone but for you here. ;)
Apples and oranges. Kids in the transfer portal have already made a decision about their current team. Speculating about who might transfer is entirely different. In fact, since it implies all sorts of judgments about their quality, it’s just plain rude. If you can’t see the difference, well…

Reaction Score
I have never suggested that Jana is or will be as good as Stewie. But when you watch her play in FIBA games, Jana is a complete player with the ability to knock down shots from the arc, score around the basket, rebound and defend the rim. She also runs the court well, has an exceptional handle, sees the court and is an excellent passer. She is the daughter of the Egyptian National WBB coach, and he has taught her well.

So yes, at 6’5” Jana has a skill set similar to Stewie. Whether she becomes the player that Stewie has become remains to be seen. But it should be thrilling for UConn fans to watch Jana develop.
I hope you are right.

Reaction Score
For those who haven't seen Jana play yet, here is a complete game so you can judge for yourself. I agree that Jana has a skill set similar to Stewie; just remember don't compare her to the current all-world Stewie, just the high school Stewie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom