Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KU is in on a few guards for this class- J. Simon (sp) and offered someone last night. P. Dozier is another. Seem to be scrambling a bit since this class is Pg light. On Adams, but think we are in there very strong.

Reaction Score
Yes, please.

Sure, we have a lot of guards. But you figure that by the time Adams is a sophomore, Calhoun will have graduated and Purvis and Hamilton could easily be in the NBA. Assuming Adams is the best of the remaining guards, it will be his team by then. There would still be plenty of minutes at the 2 and 3 (and a few at the 1) for the rest of the group.

Reaction Score
Everybody hope Kansas can get Devonte Graham this class. If they do we are back in the drivers seat in my eyes.

Reaction Score
Everybody hope Kansas can get Devonte Graham this class. If they do we are back in the drivers seat in my eyes.

Someone needs to point out to Graham that Mark Gottfried hoovers.

Reaction Score
Adams, Jackson, and Ali would be a crazy perimeter trio to pull in for one class, please get him. Kansas worries me because (1)they're Kansas, (2)they've also pulled in a Roxbury kid themselves in Selden so they can recruit the area, (3) they don't have as many talented guards on their roster right now, it would help if they were to get Graham in 2014 and hopefully Simon in 2015 before Adams makes a decision.
tharpe also.

Reaction Score
We have the Ollie factor, the kid loves Kemba and Bazz, Roxbury connection, new Basketball Champions Center, he got to watch an amazing championship run by the Hungry Huskies....I feel pretty good about landing Adams.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Kansas worries me because (1)they're Kansas, (2)they've also pulled in a Roxbury kid themselves in Selden so they can recruit the area, (3) they don't have as many talented guards on their roster right now, it would help if they were to get Graham in 2014 and hopefully Simon in 2015 before Adams makes a decision.

I get points 2 and 3, but 1? Sounds a bit fanboy to me. We're UConn. We beat them out for DD and that worked out pretty well for all parties. Except KU, that is.

Reaction Score
tharpe also.

Tharpe will be a senior this upcoming season, he'll be gone. They're backcourt is looking really light as far as competition and talent.

Reaction Score
I get points 2 and 3, but 1? Sounds a bit fanboy to me. We're UConn. We beat them out for DD and that worked out pretty well for all parties. Except KU, that is.

You and I must have different definitions of "fanboy" because I'm not a fanboy of Kansas, you're confused

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
More here: http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2014/04/jalen-adams-kid-out-of-roxbury-who-hits.html

"He's a perfect UConn guard, no doubt about it," said Connors. "Kemba, Shabazz -- he kinda plays like them. Their style and system fits him. He knows that, too. UConn's very high on his list, and that has a lot to do with it. He's mentioned he likes the guys. (Karl) Hobbs has been up here quite a bit, he likes him. He's gotten to know Kevin (Ollie) a little bit and he likes him, too. He mentioned that he likes the staff, likes the way they use their guards. He fits."

Adams has predictably received many offers. Georgia Tech, Kansas State, Providence are among those who seem to have a lot of interest. But it appears that two schools stand atop his list: UConn and Kansas.

"To be honest with you, they're the ones," said Connors. "You can tell by what he says, how he responds. They're the ones high on his list right now."

Connors said Adams will play out the summer for Mass Rivals AAU before making his decision. The coach seems like a real straight-shooter, not one prone to exaggeration. But he's coached the Pressey brothers (Matt and Phil), Syracuse-bound Kaleb Joseph and other top-notch players over the past several years, and ...

"Jalen's the best of 'em all. He's an incredible athlete, he can jump out of the gym, his arms are crazy-long. He doesn't play 6-1/6-2 at all. I've never seen anything like this kid. He's got the 'it' factor. He just makes winning plays. The ball just ends up in his hands -- loose balls, rebounds, deflections."

As a Husky and Jayhawk, these are my favorite recruiting battles. Win-win for me.

Reaction Score
aceboon said:
You and I must have different definitions of "fanboy" because I'm not a fanboy of Kansas, you're confused

If you note that other teams recruit well you're automatically a fanboy. You have to pretend that Oubre and Alexander are going to KU because Ollie told them he didn't want them. That's why anyone goes anywhere besides UConn. Basic stuff.

Reaction Score
A good friends son coaches another sport at Cushing and he has seen Adams a lot. He said no problem with Adams playing PG, he has a great handle and is an outstanding passer. No opinion on his favorite though.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
New England guy (Roxbury, MA no less)? Check.
Favorable comparisons in style to Kemba and Bazz? Check.
True combo guard? Check.

Sign me up. I've never seen any of these guys play, but I like the sound of the background of this guy, even if there's better PGs out there.

Reaction Score
New England guy (Roxbury, MA no less)? Check.
Favorable comparisons in style to Kemba and Bazz? Check.
True combo guard? Check.

Sign me up. I've never seen any of these guys play, but I like the sound of the background of this guy, even if there's better PGs out there.

Youtube Jalen Adams.. I saw one video and it made me a believer.. he can get his shot off at any time, against anybody.. kinda like Bazz

Reaction Score
Youtube Jalen Adams.. I saw one video and it made me a believer.. he can get his shot off at any time, against anybody.. kinda like Bazz
His shot goes of while he is still in motion. Amazing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Ok, he does a couple of things with the ball that I can't figure out even when I watched it 10 times. It literally looked like magic.

Reaction Score
The link won't work because of the profanity filter, but if you eliminate the space in the word 'rivals' and cut and paste, you'll get there.

https://basketballrecruiting.r ivals.com/content.asp?CID=1636105

Otherwise...

On the recruiting front, Adams said that he felt there were four programs that are starting to put the most effort into his recruitment.

"Creighton, Connecticut, Georgia Tech and Kansas," said Adams when asked who was recruiting him the most aggressively. "Those four are coming at me real hard right now, probably more than anybody else."

Adams also listed offers from Providence, Rhode Island and Kansas State and said that he'd like to move towards finalizing things by the end of th summer. Many observers have felt that UConn and Kevin Ollie will be tough to beat -- especially coming off of a national championship -- and Adams said that Ollie has his full attention.

"He's really cool," said Adams. "I like him a lot. He's been there at the highest level before and knows what it takes for a player to get there."
Gosh, good thing r ivals is in the profanity filter. Good lord. Let it go, guys

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
quick release, doesn't need to be set to make a shot, pretty good first step, great feel around the rim. Love this kid's game. They must put something in the water up there in Roxbury.

Reaction Score
Gosh, good thing r ivals is in the profanity filter. Good lord. Let it go, guys

I believe they attempted to sue Tom, who runs the current site. I probably wouldn't let it go either.

Reaction Score
Tharpe will be a senior this upcoming season, he'll be gone. They're backcourt is looking really light as far as competition and talent.
Was referring to how Kansas recruits mass well . Tharpe is from the area I believe

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This could be the "best" class ever.

Turtle and Prince with any combo or trio would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom