Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He only gets 99 words a week.

Eddie_Murphy_Poster_For_Thousand_Words_Says_Mouthful_1329771524.jpg

Reaction Score
Surreal that after a guard from Roxbury, MA leads UConn to title #4, there's another talented guard from Roxbury, MA that could be coming to Storrs.

Reaction Score
At this point I'm hoping for the ridiculousness of a Newman/Briscoe, Turtle, Prince, Diallo, Stone/Govan class, depending on whether we manage to snag that nice Newman/Stone package, but "settling" for Adams or Sharma wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I realize that recruiting stars obviously aren't everything but grabbing a huge class like that after winning a national championship would only keep the mojo going in our direction and would be huge for recruiting going forward as well. For some reason bringing in highly ranked classes does more to bring in more highly ranked classes than actually winning games does sometimes, or at least it seems that way.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
. For some reason bringing in highly ranked classes does more to bring in more highly ranked classes than actually winning games does sometimes, or at least it seems that way.

But, does bringing in more highly ranked classes mean winning more games? That is the question. I vote for bringing in more classes like the ones we have been winning national championships with.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
But, does bringing in more highly ranked classes mean winning more games? That is the question. I vote for bringing in more classes like the ones we have been winning national championships with.

This post split my head open.

It sapped my will to live.

I am either going to bed or across the street to drown myself in the pond.

Reaction Score
Thank you for expanding your thoughts into a second word. I almost feel like I should print that one out and have it bound.

The kid could be ridiculous here.

sorry fishy, I was speechless that you were adding recruiting content with any real significance to this board and not your typical logorrheic mockery. Good for you and thanks..

Reaction Score
At this point I'm hoping for the ridiculousness of a Newman/Briscoe, Turtle, Prince, Diallo, Stone/Govan class, depending on whether we manage to snag that nice Newman/Stone package, but "settling" for Adams or Sharma wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I realize that recruiting stars obviously aren't everything but grabbing a huge class like that after winning a national championship would only keep the mojo going in our direction and would be huge for recruiting going forward as well. For some reason bringing in highly ranked classes does more to bring in more highly ranked classes than actually winning games does sometimes, or at least it seems that way.

I want a great class too but I definitely want Adams over Briscoe without a doubt.

Reaction Score
I want a great class too but I definitely want Adams over Briscoe without a doubt.

I like Adams over briscoe, but I would be happy with either. Both are moving away from our typical small guard lineup

Reaction Score

Both the 2014 and (especially) 2011 teams had plenty of highly rated recruits.

Reaction Score
We are involved with so many outstanding players that it is hard pick favorites. You make a wish list and come to the conclusion that the players who don't make it would be just fine. The Newman and Stone combination is very appealing.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Bottom line. Who shows Ollie they want to be at UConn first? Once again, Ollie is casting a wide net, but every guy is Top talent. Which of them will feel like Samuel? TS has been very outspoken, how much being at UConn means to him. Those are the guys we want.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm starting to lose track:

Verbals:
Prince Ali
Willie "turtle" Jackson

Main targets said to be recruiting:
Jalen Adams, Isaiah Briscoe, Malik Newman

Cheik Diallo, Diamond Stone, Jessie Govan, Josh Sharma (maybe), Derrick Jones

Is that it, are those the main targets right now?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

After a couple of Martinis and a half a bottle of Pinot I turn into a philosopher

Reaction Score

Which did you chose?

It's unclear to me why you want better players. I mean it makes no sense. Imagine how much we spend on recruiting. There is the potential for enormous savings by recruiting only average players within a 2 hour drive. Why is it so hard to comprehend?

Reaction Score
More here: http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2014/04/jalen-adams-kid-out-of-roxbury-who-hits.html

"He's a perfect UConn guard, no doubt about it," said Connors. "Kemba, Shabazz -- he kinda plays like them. Their style and system fits him. He knows that, too. UConn's very high on his list, and that has a lot to do with it. He's mentioned he likes the guys. (Karl) Hobbs has been up here quite a bit, he likes him. He's gotten to know Kevin (Ollie) a little bit and he likes him, too. He mentioned that he likes the staff, likes the way they use their guards. He fits."

Adams has predictably received many offers. Georgia Tech, Kansas State, Providence are among those who seem to have a lot of interest. But it appears that two schools stand atop his list: UConn and Kansas.

"To be honest with you, they're the ones," said Connors. "You can tell by what he says, how he responds. They're the ones high on his list right now."

Connors said Adams will play out the summer for Mass Rivals AAU before making his decision. The coach seems like a real straight-shooter, not one prone to exaggeration. But he's coached the Pressey brothers (Matt and Phil), Syracuse-bound Kaleb Joseph and other top-notch players over the past several years, and ...

"Jalen's the best of 'em all. He's an incredible athlete, he can jump out of the gym, his arms are crazy-long. He doesn't play 6-1/6-2 at all. I've never seen anything like this kid. He's got the 'it' factor. He just makes winning plays. The ball just ends up in his hands -- loose balls, rebounds, deflections."

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm starting to lose track:

Verbals:
Prince Ali
Willie "turtle" Jackson

Main targets said to be recruiting:
Jalen Adams, Isaiah Briscoe, Malik Newman

Cheik Diallo, Diamond Stone, Jessie Govan, Josh Sharma (maybe), Derrick Jones

Is that it, are those the main targets right now?

Tyus Battle

Reaction Score
Is Battle 2016?quote="intlzncster, post: 953516, member: 56"]Tyus Battle[/quote]
I

Reaction Score
Adams, Jackson, and Ali would be a crazy perimeter trio to pull in for one class, please get him. Kansas worries me because (1)they're Kansas, (2)they've also pulled in a Roxbury kid themselves in Selden so they can recruit the area, (3) they don't have as many talented guards on their roster right now, it would help if they were to get Graham in 2014 and hopefully Simon in 2015 before Adams makes a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom