Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boat didn't show he could run a team until this season, and it really didn't come all together until this postseason. TSam is a true PG with very good passing insticts and vision, whether you trust him to run a team for 30 plus minutes at this point in his career is a different story, I think he's another year away from that and will be more of a 15-20 minute guy this upcoming season.

As far as recruiting PGs as a whole, there are very few guys that can come in and run a team from day 1 anyway. Kemba couldn't do it until his 3rd year, same as Bazz, and we're seeing a similar development track with Boat, not many guys are going to be able to come in and do what Khalid did and actually run an offense from day 1, most guys take time to grow.

And Taliek couldn't do it after 4 years!!! :p

Reaction Score
Pg: Samuel, Jackson, Adams
Sg: purvis, cassel, Ali
Sf: Hamilton, Calhoun, facey
Pf: facey, Lubin
C: brima, Nolan

Just think we really need to save scholis for bigs

I like the way we recruit... We get kids that will stick around and keep us competitive... Always giving us a shot like what we pulled off this year... It's really early in his tenior but KO seems to be doing this a little more than JC did: recruiting more ballhandlers in the backcourt... He's definitely going with bigger ones (i.e. Samuel)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The link won't work because of the profanity filter, but if you eliminate the space in the word 'rivals' and cut and paste, you'll get there.

https://basketballrecruiting.r ivals.com/content.asp?CID=1636105

Otherwise...

On the recruiting front, Adams said that he felt there were four programs that are starting to put the most effort into his recruitment.

"Creighton, Connecticut, Georgia Tech and Kansas," said Adams when asked who was recruiting him the most aggressively. "Those four are coming at me real hard right now, probably more than anybody else."

Adams also listed offers from Providence, Rhode Island and Kansas State and said that he'd like to move towards finalizing things by the end of th summer. Many observers have felt that UConn and Kevin Ollie will be tough to beat -- especially coming off of a national championship -- and Adams said that Ollie has his full attention.

"He's really cool," said Adams. "I like him a lot. He's been there at the highest level before and knows what it takes for a player to get there."

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I want him to sign so bad. His game translates so well into the college game he doesn't need to be set to make a shot, can finish through contact, has a great touch, all the intangibles in the world. But what are we going to do with another 6'3 combo guard? ugh.

Last edited:

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Using a three-guard set he'd be great depth:

1: Purvis, Samuel, Turtle
2: DHam, Cassell Jr
3: Calhoun, Ali

Purvis and/or DHam could potentially leave by then (and if not you have to think both would be gone the next year), meaning there's playing time to be had if not his freshman year his sophomore year. He has to see some playing time (same with Briscoe and Newman) or else he wouldn't be considering us as seriously as he is.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
So he swapped Minnesota for G Tech. Still like our odds.

Reaction Score
With the guards we already have and us chasing Newman hard do we see him as a plan B?

pj

Reaction Score
I want him to sign so bad. His game translates so well into the college game he doesn't need to be set to make a shot, can finish through contact, has a great touch, all the intangibles in the world. But what are we going to do with another 6'3 combo guard? ugh.

Turn him into a 6'3" point guard.

Reaction Score
sign up Adams and Diallo and I will be happy. They fit Ollie's system perfectly.

Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say we will get 2 more studs in the 2015 class, possibly 3.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, I think he'd be just fine as a lead guard - he's just so athletic and such a gifted scorer that some of these recruiting nutniks overlook his ability to play point. He is no one's plan B - he's very, very good.

Adams and Jackson* could play together at either backcourt position with Ali on the wing.

Teams would get off the bus playing zone hoping to keep that trio away from the rim.

Edit* - Fixed.

(Daily trial with the profanity filter - you can't use as asterisk to start text.)

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Would love to get Adams and Sharma - keep the talent flowing down that Boston pipeline. Make sure everybody knows that they have to beat us for any top talent coming out of New England.

Adams/Turtle/Prince/Sharma/Govan

That's a beautiful recruiting class. It won't win any "No. 1 class ranking!" contests, but we always save our victories for the actual games, don't we?

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think he'd be just fine as a lead guard - he's just so athletic and such a gifted scorer that some of these recruiting nutniks overlook his ability to play point. He is no one's plan B - he's very, very good.

Adams and Turner could play together at either backcourt position with Ali on the wing.

Teams would get off the bus playing zone hoping to keep that trio away from the rim.
Who is Turner? Guessing you meant Turtle?

Reaction Score
Would love to get Adams and Sharma - keep the talent flowing down that Boston pipeline. Make sure everybody knows that they have to beat us for any top talent coming out of New England.

That's a beautiful recruiting class. It won't win any "No. 1 class ranking!" contests, but we always save our victories for the actual games, don't we?
Excellent point.

Reaction Score

Sharma is a good player but I think we are just heavily involved with too many 5 star type bigs to get Sharma, he would be considered a safety at this point. Ollie has some serious juice on the recruiting trail.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Sharma is a good player but I think we are just heavily involved with too many 5 star type bigs to get Sharma, he would be considered a safety at this point. Ollie has some serious juice on the recruiting trail.
Maybe. But Sharma is a stretch 4, and we have a good history with those going all the way back to Donyell.

There may be other guys out there who are more physical and better NBA prospects, but Sharma is going to help some college team win a hell of a lot of basketball games, and probably do so for his entire 4 years of eligibility. I hope he chooses us.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

I agree, KO appears to be on a roll, but let's see if we close the deal on any of the Top Ten type talent. We have been in the running for a bunch of such players before and ended up having to put up with Kemba and Shabazz.

Reaction Score
Jackson, yes - my bad.

I can't stand highlight reels, but the video of Jalen Adams is terrific - there doesn't seem to be even a trace of wasted movement in his game. He reminds me of a smaller (brace yourselves) Ray Allen.
The shooting stroke, and the pull up off the dribble are very similar looking to Ray's game. Good call.

Reaction Score
Jackson, yes - my bad.

I can't stand highlight reels, but the video of Jalen Adams is terrific - there doesn't seem to be even a trace of wasted movement in his game. He reminds me of a smaller (brace yourselves) Ray Allen.
Agreed on Adams, I really think he will be a star. I agree with you that he could be and will be a lead guard. His athleticism, body control and length are going to be devastating at the next level. Really want him in a Husky jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom