Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They do seem all in for Adams who is getting more national attention by the week. If we lose him it won't be for a lack of effort that is for sure

caw

Reaction Score
They do seem all in for Adams who is getting more national attention by the week. If we lose him it won't be for a lack of effort that is for sure

Not sure about "all in" but he does seem to be the #1 PG option. Jackson seems to be getting some decent recruiting time also.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Adams retweeted a "uconn does it better than Kansas" tweet today, which we all know means he's a lock.

Reaction Score
I'd really like to start reeling in some of these New England guys. When is the last time we signed a New England recruit? Was it Drummond? I know UConn recruits nationally and a five star kid from California is just as good as a five star kid from Boston, but it makes Ollie's job a lot easier when you're able to attract local talent. You would think, with UConn being a power for as long as most of these kids have been alive, a lot of New England kids would be growing up wanting to play here. We need to capitalize on that, because when you're going out west trying to take a kid from Arizona, or south trying to take a kid from Kentucky, it's going to be a losing battle most of the time.

Reaction Score
I would say that Adams is the staffs top target right now. They've watched him at least 5 times this season with Ollie being there most of the time. Obviously we are after some bigs hard and are also after other point guards as well.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd really like to start reeling in some of these New England guys. When is the last time we signed a New England recruit? Was it Drummond? I know UConn recruits nationally and a five star kid from California is just as good as a five star kid from Boston, but it makes Ollie's job a lot easier when you're able to attract local talent. You would think, with UConn being a power for as long as most of these kids have been alive, a lot of New England kids would be growing up wanting to play here. We need to capitalize on that, because when you're going out west trying to take a kid from Arizona, or south trying to take a kid from Kentucky, it's going to be a losing battle most of the time.
Facey, Calhoun, Samuel, are all from New York . Bazz from mass

Reaction Score
Facey, Calhoun, Samuel, are all from New York . Bazz from mass

Bazz was recruited four years ago. All I'm saying is it's been three recruiting periods now without a New England recruit - that's way too long considering we're the region's premier program.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Bazz was recruited four years ago. All I'm saying is it's been three recruiting periods now without a New England recruit - that's way too long considering we're the region's premier program.
He gives you 3 from New York in the last 2 years and your response is we haven't had a kid from New England since the #2 player in the country 3 years ago and a kid 4 years ago with a national championship ring who is likely a first team all america this year? Tough crowd. 99.9% of the teams in the country would kill for our haul from New England. Add it to the NY kids and it's ridiculous

Reaction Score
He gives you 3 from New York in the last 2 years and your response is we haven't had a kid from New England since the #2 player in the country 3 years ago and a kid 4 years ago with a national championship ring who is likely a first team all america this year? Tough crowd. 99.9% of the teams in the country would kill for our haul from New England. Add it to the NY kids and it's ridiculous

I'm not complaining. I'll take a class like the one we brought in this year - a McDonald's all-American transfer, a McDonald's all-American snub, solid Juco PG, and a rising Georgia prospect - every year for the rest of Ollie's tenure. I'm just thinking that recruiting success will be easier to sustain if the staff starts working the New England pipeline (not that they haven't tried) and hauling in players from our backyard on a regular basis. If Ollie can patch together great classes like the one he put together this year from outside the region, all power to him. It's tough not to notice all this talent that's less than 100 miles from our campus, though.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'm not complaining. I'll take a class like the one we brought in this year - a McDonald's all-American transfer, a McDonald's all-American snub, solid Juco PG, and a rising Georgia prospect - every year for the rest of Ollie's tenure. I'm just thinking that recruiting success will be easier to sustain if the staff starts working the New England pipeline (not that they haven't tried) and hauling in players from our backyard on a regular basis. If Ollie can patch together great classes like the one he put together this year from outside the region, all power to him. It's tough not to notice all this talent that's less than 100 miles from our campus, though.
You think we've lacked in talent from within 100 miles recently even after hearing Drummond, Napier, Samuel , Facey and Calhoun ? Ok

Reaction Score

New York is not in New England. New York is in the Northeast, but not considered to be in New England.

Reaction Score
You think we've lacked in talent from within 100 miles recently even after hearing Drummond, Napier, Samuel , Facey and Calhoun ? Ok

I never said anything about New York. Napier was signed four years ago, Drummond three years ago, both by Calhoun. Here are some players, in the last three years alone, from New England:

Nerlens Noel
Kaleb Tarczewski
Ricardo Ledo (not sure UConn was interested)
Kris Dunn
Georges Niang
Noah Vonleh
Wayne Seldon
Kuran Iverson (don't think UConn was interested)
Goodluck Okonoboh
Abdul-Malik Abu
Kaleb Joseph
Paschal Chuckwu
Jared Terrell

Look at all that talent - especially in the front court - and tell me some of those guys wouldn't help our situation immensely. We struck out on a lot of those guys, and didn't really come close on all but a couple. Obviously, the sanctions, the JC retirement, the short KO contract...all that probably contributed. But I get the feeling we're going to have to recruit New England at a higher level going forward to remain a power.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I would expect that the APR issues affected some of them as well as having a new unproven coach. Hopefully, as Ollie creates a resume of success, we will have easier inroads to some of these recruits.
I agree it would be nice to own New England for all sports, but let's not lose sight of New York, especially for hoops. I think NY/NE would be the footprint I want to own.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Since I'm a UConn and Kansas grad, I guess I can't lose on the Adams situation (how could Minnesota have a shot? Especially with this winter fresh in mind). As for recruiting New England, throw out last year and the year before (APR known then), they don't count. Before that we had Drummond. We had Bazz, Alex O, Jamal Coombs-McDaniel, Adrien. There have always been New England guys we missed on, but I'm confident KO can get the ones he needs.

Reaction Score
@RivalsNation: UConn's Carl Hobbs taking it all in.” Seems like UCONN and staff are all in on Jalen Adams, kids been on fiyah

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 11h
Tremont Waters is a guy who might have a smaller frame at the current moment, but has a giant heart and immense abilities at his fingertips

Reaction Score
J Adams, P Ali, J Govan would be a great class, all consesus top 70. No top 10 "freshman focus" hype types just 3 really good basketball players you build championships with.....1 down 2 to go!

Reaction Score
J Adams, P Ali, J Govan would be a great class, all consesus top 70. No top 10 "freshman focus" hype types just 3 really good basketball players you build championships with.....1 down 2 to go!
I agree..Very good class

Reaction Score

I agree 100%, but if Chieck Diallo wanted to commit I wouldn't be too upset :)

Reaction Score
Gotta be careful who we consider NE recruits. A lot of kids come here from outside the area for a year or two of prep school. Those kids probably did not grow up with the same level of awareness of UConn basketball as the kids born and raised in NE. That said, we should be getting our pick of that latter group of kids. It doesn't seem like that has been the case. But I also agree that we need to get another year or so clear of our "issues" and further into Ollie's career before we pass any judgement.

Reaction Score
Gotta be careful who we consider NE recruits. A lot of kids come here from outside the area for a year or two of prep school. Those kids probably did not grow up with the same level of awareness of UConn basketball as the kids born and raised in NE. That said, we should be getting our pick of that latter group of kids. It doesn't seem like that has been the case. But I also agree that we need to get another year or so clear of our "issues" and further into Ollie's career before we pass any judgement.
I get your point but the majority of the top kids at the New England Prep schools are New England kids that grew up here.

Reaction Score
Can 3 or any of the other guys who are plugged into recruiting verify that we are still going hard after Jalen Adams? I thought we were going to lock him down months ago but then the commitment of Willie Jackson happened. I know we have a Prince and a Turtle coming in but we definitely have room for Adams. The kid is a stud and he has the makeup of a future Husky star.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Can 3 or any of the other guys who are plugged into recruiting verify that we are still going hard after Jalen Adams? I thought we were going to lock him down months ago but then the commitment of Willie Jackson happened. I know we have a Prince and a Turtle coming in but we definitely have room for Adams. The kid is a stud and he has the makeup of a future Husky star.
We could potentially have purvis, Samuel, cassel, Ali, and Jackson. I don't think we're adding another guard unless he's a AA

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Pg: Samuel, Jackson, Adams
Sg: purvis, cassel, Ali
Sf: Hamilton, Calhoun, facey
Pf: facey, Lubin
C: brima, Nolan

Just think we really need to save scholis for bigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics