JaKeenan Gant anyone? | The Boneyard

JaKeenan Gant anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes should definitely go after him get him for four years instead of Rhett for one year

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
leegggoooo. would fit perfect in our system.

Reaction Score
Haven't read much about a DD decision, Uconn in limbo should Gant be granted a possible release.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Missouri forum is acting like they just won the national championship. They are elated. I guess they all absolutely hated this guy. They even created a website firehaith.com that now just reads "freedom" lol

Reaction Score
If he wants out of Missouri, then yes, please.

Reaction Score
He would be a great fit. He fits the Stretch 4 Role that Deandre cuurently plays so he would be a great backup and/or eventual replacement.

Reaction Score
First, Misseri would need to let J.G. out of his letter of intent?
Second, we're already bringing in a 6'7" PF from GA, who fills a big need for a banger/rebounder.
Third, I'm not sure we even made J.G.'s Top 10.
Forth, would Rock be unhappy with this & decommit?

Reaction Score
First, Misseri would need to let J.G. out of his letter of intent?
Second, we're already bringing in a 6'7" PF from GA, who fills a big need for a banger/rebounder.
Third, I'm not sure we even made J.G.'s Top 10.
Forth, would Rock be unhappy with this & decommit?

I see different players here, one being a PF around the basket the other potentially mirroring DD's style of game……..but one never knows how kids react!

Reaction Score
I see different players here, one being a PF around the basket the other potentially mirroring DD's style of game……..but one never knows how kids react!

Agreed, definitely different players. But I don't want Lubin (my Adrien/Freeman clone) to jump ship by bringing in competition in the same class. We've got DHam as our SF & Rubin as PF from this class. Plus I'm waiting to see what Facey can bring. I'd rather save PF for the next class in someone like Bragg/Diallo or someone bigger like Govan. Often when we bring in players at the same position in the same class, someone transfers in search of more PT (ie Kelly/Edwards). I know KenSucky does this but it's not a controversy I'd like to see.

Reaction Score
Agreed, definitely different players. But I don't want Lubin (my Adrien/Freeman clone) to jump ship by bringing in competition in the same class. We've got DHam as our SF & Rubin as PF from this class. Plus I'm waiting to see what Facey can bring. I'd rather save PF for the next class in someone like Bragg/Diallo or someone bigger like Govan. Often when we bring in players at the same position in the same class, someone transfers in search of more PT (ie Kelly/Edwards). I know KenSucky does this but it's not a controversy I'd like to see.

UConn (and every school) recruits over their players. You have to. If we didn't, then we wouldn't have Purvis or Hamilton coming in since we already had Omar as a 2/3. Lubin hasn't signed anything. If it came down to Gant or Lubin, well...

caw

Reaction Score
Lubin has repeatedly said (or been paraphrased as saying) how he loved the practices an the fact everyone had to work for time and it wasn't promised. I don't think this would change anything if UConn got Gant. Aside from having another player to fight for time with. I would love Gant on this team esp if Daniels is gone, but even if he stays. But he still needs to ask for and be released. I don't think either has happened. Kind of odd how both Hill and Gant are now in the situation where their expected coach has left for another school (and an odd choice). They were AAU teammates.

Reaction Score
Lubin has repeatedly said (or been paraphrased as saying) how he loved the practices an the fact everyone had to work for time and it wasn't promised. I don't think this would change anything if UConn got Gant. Aside from having another player to fight for time with. I would love Gant on this team esp if Daniels is gone, but even if he stays. But he still needs to ask for and be released. I don't think either has happened. Kind of odd how both Hill and Gant are now in the situation where their expected coach has left for another school (and an odd choice). They were AAU teammates.

True, but UConn was not in either player's finals list. Not sure if they cooled on UConn or UConn cooled on them. UConn seemed to have been eliminated last summer from their lists. UConn has moved along. They missed the boat. We've got Lubin & Cassell coming in. Talent is equivalent. I'd be surprised if UConn reached out to either (Gant/Hill) at this point. I'm happy with what we have coming in, since Lubin/Cassell fulfill a need. Then Ali/Jackson more than make up for Hill the following season. It's all about who wants to be here.

caw

Reaction Score
True, but UConn was not in either player's finals list. Not sure if they cooled on UConn or UConn cooled on them. UConn seemed to have been eliminated last summer from their lists. UConn has moved along. They missed the boat. We've got Lubin & Cassell coming in. Talent is equivalent. I'd be surprised if UConn reached out to either (Gant/Hill) at this point. I'm happy with what we have coming in, since Lubin/Cassell fulfill a need. Then Ali/Jackson more than make up for Hill the following season. It's all about who wants to be here.

I agree wholeheartedly on not likely reaching out to Hill. Gant maybe, he is a different need.

Reaction Score
@AnthonyDasher1: JaKeenan Gant's AAU coach Michael Stokes tells me if Mizzou were to release him, he would probably go to Indiana or Louisville.

Reaction Score
It's gotta be a little dangerous taking a Mizzou kid, no? I mean, Haith is notorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom