Jake Voskhul | The Boneyard

Jake Voskhul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was at the game last night. Lost a good amount of that signature mane but was really nice. Shaking hands and taking pictures

Reaction Score
Easily one of the most underrated players ever at UConn. He was the best screen setter we've ever had and did all the little things. My friend went to the prom with him and she said he's a great guy. Pretty sure he's back in Texas and has something like 4 kids.

Reaction Score
Easily one of the most underrated players ever at UConn. He was the best screen setter we've ever had and did all the little things. My friend went to the prom with him and she said he's a great guy. Pretty sure he's back in Texas and has something like 4 kids.
Agree, very underrated. Very good rebounder. Played great position defense. Really did a nice job on Eltan Brand in the 1999 Championship game.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He lives in Fairfield.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Fairfield, Texas? Fairfield is a city in Freestone County, Texas, United States. The population was 2,951 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Freestone County. Wikipedia

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Jake's uncle Jim was a Yarder way back when. Was a funny guy who posted mostly on the baseball board. Sadly, he passed away.

Reaction Score
KO should hire Jake as our 2nd big man coach (with KFree). We have the PG position covered (Rickity, KO and Karl).

Reaction Score
If Jake wanted to coach and there was ever an opening he would be welcome (and damn good) I'm sure.........

He was so "underrated" he played in the NBA for many years..........kid came a long way with hard work and to think we wanted his teammate (kid that transferred to Vandy? Mike ?) and saw Jake while recruiting him I believe?

Great picks, tough tough kid underneath did all the little things which we talk about that are not in the box score..........but they were all noticed by the NBA people and he was awarded some nice contracts. Would love a return by Jake to coach some bigs......he worked his a** off on the blocks - box outs, forearm shivers, knees whatever it took - one of my favorite Husky's ever!!!!!

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
If Jake wanted to coach and there was ever an opening he would be welcome (and damn good) I'm sure.........

He was so "underrated" he played in the NBA for many years..........kid came a long way with hard work and to think we wanted his teammate (kid that transferred to Vandy? Mike ?) and saw Jake while recruiting him I believe?

Great picks, tough tough kid underneath did all the little things which we talk about that are not in the box score..........but they were all noticed by the NBA people and he was awarded some nice contracts. Would love a return by Jake to coach some bigs......he worked his a** off on the blocks - box outs, forearm shivers, knees whatever it took - one of my favorite Husky's ever!!!!!

The other kid was Michael White. Never forget JV bodyslamming he SU center at MSG - brought the house down.

Reaction Score
He was a great husky....need to recruit more kids of his caliber. Definitely not a 5 start recruit, but he worked hard. He made a four yr contribution to the program and paid big dividends his last couple.

Reaction Score
Jake bought a house in Fairfield cty.

Sorry didn't see Fishy.s post.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My son's favorite Husky back in the day. Agree that his importance to the NC team is often overlooked. I also agree that he would be a good coach/role model for a big man in the KO regime.

Reaction Score
His work ethic and the UConn coaching allowed him to have a 9 year NBA career and max out at $3M/year for a season with the Suns. Not bad for a guy that set picks and grabbed rebounds.

Reaction Score
I asked early in the season, who our big man coach would be. Turns out to be k-free, great player, who was a 4 in the body of a 3. I still believe we could use a true center or true 4 to coach our bigs.

Reaction Score
I never underrated Jake- DickeyV used to heap praise on him. What I always liked was that when he set a screen he wanted to hurt someone.

Reaction Score
I asked early in the season, who our big man coach would be. Turns out to be k-free, great player, who was a 4 in the body of a 3. I still believe we could use a true center or true 4 to coach our bigs.

KFree isn't a coach

Reaction Score
I'll never forget the time I got to play a point of 1-on-1 against Jake at JC's camp one of those summers in the late 90's. I retreated about 10 feet behind the 3-point line and heaved one, he got the rebound and was gracious enough not to bowl me over on his way to dunking.

Pretty memorable for me and a bunch of other kids who got to try it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
KFree isn't a coach
I imagine this will be GB's last season as a Uconn coach. Would they give KFree the coaching position if that happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom