Its time to start a new tradition | The Boneyard

Its time to start a new tradition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this will take time and not happen right away. so this is just a feeler and i want your thoughts on the idea.

red solo cup vs blue solo cup

just like we want more fans to wear blue, i can't stand red solo cups. you get where i'm going with this? good. this should be a part of our paint ct blue campaign for all uconn events. this tho can be led and fueled by the students. i think its something fun and quirky. i think it could catch on.

now for the punishment. if a uconn fans is drinking out of a red cup at the rent tailgating, on campus at a party or anywhere that fan must be called out by another uconn fan.

hey is that a red cup?
yes?!?!
rutgers fan!
rutgers fan!
rutgers fan!

your thoughts on getting something like this started?

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
this will take time and not happen right away. so this is just a feeler and i want your thoughts on the idea.

red solo cup vs blue solo cup

just like we want more fans to wear blue, i can't stand red solo cups. you get where i'm going with this? good. this should be a part of our paint ct blue campaign for all uconn events. this tho can be led and fueled by the students. i think its something fun and quirky. i think it could catch on.

now for the punishment. if a uconn fans is drinking out of a red cup at the rent tailgating, on campus at a party or anywhere that fan must be called out by another uconn fan.

hey is that a red cup?
yes?!?!
rutgers fan!
rutgers fan!
rutgers fan!

your thoughts on getting something like this started?

Auuugh! so cold!!! I do use blue at the games.... but I have to have the pennant with a RED cup on the mast flying so folks can find me...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We can't get people to go to the Husky walk or get to their seats on time. Cups might be pushing it.

everyone buys cups. when u pick them off the rack grab blue instead of red. i think its a realistic venture.

Who sells the blue cups ?

most places have both colors. if a place doesn't then they will be getting a email from me soon. :D

Reaction Score
Always blue cups - the wife knows red cups are forbidden in the house...same goes for plates...

Reaction Score
Before we worry about the cups I think the tradition that we start this year should be getting to our seats on time. And remembering, to be on time is to be late.

Reaction Score
Why is this an either/or ??? Just get the blue cups and get your in before kickoff!!! GIT-R-DONE!!! (... keeping with the country music theme :p)

Reaction Score
Uconn husky tervis tumbler here keeps the brew cold !!

Reaction Score
We can't get people to go to the Husky walk or get to their seats on time. Cups might be pushing it.

To be fair, drinking out of blue cups doesn't interfere with anybody's tailgating.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
To be fair, drinking out of blue cups doesn't interfere with anybody's tailgating.

thats the point, something little can lead to bigger traditions. the blue cups thing is so small idea wise but then every body walks into cvs and gets them. now something else catches on etc...it just further creates the die hard or at least solid fans who become more visual and involved in the program in and outs.

Reaction Score
Get people into the "blue" through alcoholism. Disturbing.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Not blue cup-related, but still kinda relevant:

Apparently there's a stadium policy in place where you must make your way inside 30 minutes before gametime or you'll be asked to shut down your tailgate and leave. Is this new, or has this been on the books all along?...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Not blue cup-related, but still kinda relevant:

Apparently there's a stadium policy in place where you must make your way inside 30 minutes before gametime or you'll be asked to shut down your tailgate and leave. Is this new, or has this been on the books all along?...

Always been on the books and usually enforced closer to the start of the game. They'll give you a "warning" that you need to start packing up but won't actually get on you until kick off.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Get people into the "blue" through alcoholism. Disturbing.
Nice response from someone who replied 'duck* Yeah!' in the thread claiming UConn received a favorable ranking from High Times magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom