Its that time | The Boneyard

Its that time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Warde and the administration need to step up and calm the troops. They have to be active in promoting a vision to P5 and their intention in not letting this program die a slow death. The passengers are jumping ship in droves as its sinks. The quiet shows disinterest and a lack of care.

Reaction Score
Warde and the administration need to step up and calm the troops. They have to be active in promoting a vision to P5 and their intention in not letting this program die a slow death. The passengers are jumping ship in droves as its sinks. The quiet shows disinterest and a lack of care.

If they need to start somewhere, Warde, Diaco and company should start by pointing at Memphis and Temple. Both of them were as bad as UConn this year and Memphis is in first place and Temple is now at the top of the league. Not saying UConn can go from worst to first like Memphis next year, but there's no reason why this team can't improve next year like Memphis and Temple did.

As much as I hate to say it, Diaco needs to stop spinning. If we wants to point out what went well during post game interviews, fine, but he needs to point out what needs improvement as well. I get he's trying to get the team to a brotherhood and criticism, if done properly, can strengthen that. Outside of that, I'm still fully invested in the team and will watch every game.

Reaction Score
JMHO, but I think Warde is as good as gone. Which will cause a weird mix of elation and hand wringing around here.

It's been way too quiet on the Michigan / Warde front and he's been completely MIA at all things UConn over the past couple of weeks for something not to be happening there.

Which would explain why Bobby's been left to sink...er, swim, here.

Reaction Score
Gate97 said:
It's been way too quiet on the Michigan / Warde front and he's been completely MIA at all things UConn over the past couple of weeks for something not to be happening there.
And, you know this based on which facts? Apparently not from being in Puerto Rico for the hoop games nor knowing Manuel and Herbst were both present actively meeting, greeting, and interacting with UCONN alumni and fans.

Calhoun: "Get some facts ..."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And, you know this based on which facts? Apparently not from knowing Manuel and

Like I said, JMHO.

That said, how many times over the past few years has it been completely silent before something else catches us unawares? It would be par for the course.

Reaction Score
He's been missing the past couple of weeks? He handed out the rings to the basketball team 9 days ago.

Reaction Score
elation

nationwide search currently in progress for mega vp for dd conglomerate

headhunter has upfront fee cinched wit 1 call, very efficient

sweet all the way around, actually a thang of booty

Reaction Score
JMHO, but I think Warde is as good as gone. Which will cause a weird mix of elation and hand wringing around here.

Which would explain why Bobby's been left to sink...er, swim, here.

If Warde actually bails for Michigan, how realistic would it be for someone like Calhoun to take over as AD. I've heard plenty of people speculate about it before. They need a homer to take the job, anyway.

Reaction Score
subbellagamba:legasee: verhy reeeel: UCONN needs leadership with a passion; not some dude from big lil tenskee just marking time to collect paychek in hopes of going home to V-E day celebration

UCONN needs mgmt with vested interest in university success across gamet, not just sports. Olliewood spent four yrs as undergrad and hoopster. He loves Storrs. He even met his wife on campus. He knows and understands the very passionate and long suffering fanbase that has anguished with every defeat and still kept the course. The visionary, Dave Gavitt said UCONN is The Sleeping Giant in the midst of the Big East. The rest is history.

The visionary Jim Calhoun came to Storrs with a very powerful resume in tow as a Head Coach with overwhelming blue collar work ethic and not anything like that current dude on foosbal side with big lil ten background and elitist nd experience with bogus broyles accolades. Mr. Calhoun also saw the sleeping giant in consultation with the tough and tumble Mr. Robert Mongomery Knight. Mr. John Toner marveled at JC in Conn Mutual Classic as huskies got destroyed by Northeastern. Toner was an in-state guy who had a passion.

Only truth and justice ultimately prevail. Understand the forces behind the Big Dog.
And know the dog only works with his pack in total harmony to protect the oppressed and destroy only what needs to be.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If Warde actually bails for Michigan, how realistic would it be for someone like Calhoun to take over as AD. I've heard plenty of people speculate about it before. They need a homer to take the job, anyway.
Eh, I love JC but he is not the right guy to politick with the college prez's in the B1G and ACC.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
There's nothing any AD could say in a press conference that would make the passengers jump back on the ship right now. It's up to BD to get some wins next year as a sign of progress. Sorry for those who want tangible proof now, but it's not going to happen until it happens.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

I don't think it's called "bailing" if you go to Michigan.

Now, if he ends up somewhere like Hofstra...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom