It's still early... | The Boneyard

It's still early...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But Sox are 3-1...three good offensive performances, pitching looks pretty good all around. I'm actually thinking they can win 80 games this year.

Reaction Score
The Sox bullpen is as good if not better than any AL East team but their success will depend upon Dempster and Lackey having decent years and Dubront going deeper into games.

Reaction Score
Gosh, Lackey was pitching really well...and then a devastating injury. Good riddance.

Reaction Score
So far, so good. I think Farrell is doing a solid job managing the game and handling the press. Going home with a 4-2 record is better than I expected. All five starters have been solid if not spectacular. Lackey's injury may be prove to be minor. They are striking out a lot of hitters. 58 K's and 15 bb's thru the first six games.

Reaction Score
Another win in walk off fashion to sweep the rays.... man this is extremely early but looks like something is brewing in boston.

Reaction Score
Another win in walk off fashion to sweep the rays.... man this is extremely early but looks like something is brewing in boston.

It sure does.....it would seem yet another April pennant can be hanging from the Monster soon!!;)......

Reaction Score
It sure does.....it would seem yet another April pennant can be hanging from the Monster soon!!;)......
Actually, we are barely halfway through April so I am not going to make any predictions yet. But, it is just the opposite of what we expected. I thought we'd see the Yankees and Red Sox battling for last instead of first and I thought Toronto was going to be leaving everyone behind. Shows you what I know.

Reaction Score
Actually, we are barely halfway through April so I am not going to make any predictions yet. But, it is just the opposite of what we expected. I thought we'd see the Yankees and Red Sox battling for last instead of first and I thought Toronto was going to be leaving everyone behind. Shows you what I know.

I can't believe that Yankee team is above .500 quite honestly..........Sox pitching does look good.........but for both it's really early!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I can't believe that Yankee team is above .500 quite honestly..........Sox pitching does look good.........but for both it's really early!

The Sox bullpen is as good if not better than any AL East team but their success will depend upon Dempster and Lackey having decent years and Dubront going deeper into games.

A little disappointed that Dubrount can't get into the 6th inning. I'd be willing to trade a stike out or two for another 4 or 5 outs. But he's a 5th starter so cest la vie, I guess.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Haven't seen sinkhole post in a while. Rays must be sucking right now. Fausto Carmona...lol.

Reaction Score
A little disappointed that Dubrount can't get into the 6th inning. I'd be willing to trade a stike out or two for another 4 or 5 outs. But he's a 5th starter so cest la vie, I guess.
Technically, Felix is our 4 starter. #5 is on the DL. But despite this, the pitching had been much better than we could have imagined. Team ERA 2.64, 131 K's in 116 innings. Could this be Farrell and Nieves?

On the other hand the hitting has been pretty weak. They are striking out at an alarming rate. Victorino and Napoli are doing OK but Drew and Bradley are well below the Mendoza line.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Technically, Felix is our 4 starter. #5 is on the DL. But despite this, the pitching had been much better than we could have imagined. Team ERA 2.64, 131 K's in 116 innings. Could this be Farrell and Nieves?

On the other hand the hitting has been pretty weak. They are striking out at an alarming rate. Victorino and Napoli are doing OK but Drew and Bradley are well below the Mendoza line.
I don't expect Bradley to be in Boston much longer than it takes Ortiz to say he's ready. He was a great story in Spring Training and I hope he works out long term, but he has about a half year above A ball. He needs to go down to Pawtucket and fix the hole in his swing vs AAA pitching. By most accounts, Nava and Gomes are pretty good clubhouse guys. Unfortunately they are what they are on the field...more or less AAAA. Its tough to hide their bat when 3 other guys are struggling.

Drew didn't really have a Spring Training. I'd be willing to bet he'll come around.

Regarding pitching, Not only is it Farrell and Nieves, but Farrell's coaches actual speak to him in person as well. Last year was just a s**tshow and should be written off as such.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen sinkhole post in a while. Rays must be sucking right now. Fausto Carmona...lol.

Yep we are sucking it up right now. How the hell do you come up with Fausto Carmona as an alias? He has actually pitched very well, just hasn't gotten results his stuff looks great.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yep we are sucking it up right now. How the hell do you come up with Fausto Carmona as an alias? He has actually pitched very well, just hasn't gotten results his stuff looks great.
Don't look now...they sweep the A's and have won 4 of 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom