It's depends on your viewpoint | The Boneyard

It's depends on your viewpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A friend told me about a Lady Vol fans reaction to Tenn coaches sending a recruit (Jaime Nared) a letter a day Said the LV fan: "That's persistency!"

Sounds like desperation to me, with the LV coaches on their knees begging for players to come to Knutsville to play for a once upon a time elite program. Things just aren't the same at in LV Land since PHS retired. Just ask Kaela Davis and Jannah Tucker for starters.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Pat did some interesting recruiting moves as well, as do many coaches. I don't think the letter a day thing is unusual - one coach was documented sending notes that sounded more like Love letters (no, they were not really). And was it Pat that had a scholly offer dropped from the blimp in TBA?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
She is #13 on ESPN rankings. Is she any higher on any other rankings?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Is BYRS the best ranking site?
I know she did Team Concept out there in Oregon. Just like Russell and Reynolds did.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Is BYRS the best ranking site?
I know she did Team Concept out there in Oregon. Just like Russell and Reynolds did.
Absolutely.

They also have Chong at #1, ahead of Russell. I guess the experts at BYRS agree with Parade and HS coaches association.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Absolutely.

They also have Chong at #1, ahead of Russell. I guess the experts at BYRS agree with Parade and HS coaches association.
Do you have a link?
There are a few POY awards Chong, Russell and Reimer all three got one. The Gatorade player is one of the biggest.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Do you have a link?
There are a few POY awards Chong, Russell and Reimer all three got one. The Gatorade player is one of the biggest.
Actually, Chong got THREE. Parade POY has been around 37 years. Gatorade only 10.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Gatorade has been around since 1986. Susan Anderson of Texas won it first. I'm looking at the list some BIG names on there.
Lisa Leslie 1990, Katie Smith 1992, Maya Moore 2007, Tina Charles 2006, and The only two time winner Candace Parker 2003/2004.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Gatorade has been around since 1986. Susan Anderson of Texas won it first. I'm looking at the list some BIG names on there.
Lisa Leslie 1990, Katie Smith 1992, Maya Moore 2007, Tina Charles 2006, and The only two time winner Candace Parker 2003/2004.

It's a very prestigious award. But Parade has been around longer and is very well respected. The high school coaches selected Chong as well. What could be more respected than that?

Moore, Charles, Stewart, Parker and more have won the parade.

Thee is a thread with the list of HS coach POY winners on the board. Great names as well.

And of course, the BYRS. Very well respected.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm sure this thread has made it's way to the summitt and how it's wrong and misrepresented.

And add in some jabs about UCONN and recruiting I'm sure!

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Lol come on stwain! The BYRS is the last recruiting source you should worry about.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I'm sure this thread has made it's way to the summitt and how it's wrong and misrepresented.

And add in some jabs about UCONN and recruiting I'm sure!

The Summitt is not characterized by jabs about UConn. Nothing but low blows and sucker punches.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Lol come on stwain! The BYRS is the last recruiting source you should worry about.
Of course another Tennessee fan would say that.

The BYRS has been proven over the years to be the most accurate. Certainly more accurate than Hoopgurlz, Blue Star, ASGR and of course TSRS.

Hey, with winning THREE different POY award, who do you think has the more accurate ranking?

BlueStar - 30
ASGR- 25
Hoopgurlz - 75
TSRS - Not ranked

BYRS - 1

No contest.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
  • Back to Nared how good is she? I am not saying were she will or won't go. This was taken when she was 12. I know there may be some that may not like the end of this video.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You show one more Parker video on this site and I am going to come to your house and pull the plug on your computer.

Reaction Score
A friend told me about a Lady Vol fans reaction to Tenn coaches sending a recruit (Jaime Nared) a letter a day Said the LV fan: "That's persistency!
They are practicing to replace Rachel, who calls me every day to lower my credit card interest rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom