It's been a little while since we had a thread on who do you like so here we go... | The Boneyard

It's been a little while since we had a thread on who do you like so here we go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So based on the names we've been hearing the past few months, give it a go and answer the following questions:

1. Who would you like to fill the spots along side of Gilbert & Diarra?

2. Who do you think are most likely to fill those spots?

I usually offer my 2 cents, but I'm not really sure on either question. We need to add a wing, but I'm not sure which if any excite me. We can always use another big and there are a few long stretch 4s like Gabriel and Bailey. Seems like things have cooled with Bailey. I don't know if the chance of not getting him till after he goes on his mission if he chooses to do so, has dimmed the fires. I think we could use a big, strong 2G to replace Purvis. I just don't have a good feel as to who's hot and who's not as far as UConn interest is concerned. Maybe the guys who have insiders can chime in on this.

Reaction Score
I would take Gabriel, Bailey, Diallo and Powell. LOL.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
So based on the names we've been hearing the past few months, give it a go and answer the following questions:

1. Who would you like to fill the spots along side of Gilbert & Diarra?

2. Who do you think are most likely to fill those spots?

I usually offer my 2 cents, but I'm not really sure on either question. We need to add a wing, but I'm not sure which if any excite me. We can always use another big and there are a few long stretch 4s like Gabriel and Bailey. Seems like things have cooled with Bailey. I don't know if the chance of not getting him till after he goes on his mission if he chooses to do so, has dimmed the fires. I think we could use a big, strong 2G to replace Purvis. I just don't have a good feel as to who's hot and who's not as far as UConn interest is concerned. Maybe the guys who have insiders can chime in on this.
And larrier

Reaction Score
I think we get at least two, and three more could be more likely. I have a gut feeling that Powell will be part of this group, and then I think we get one more big. It's looking like Gabriel is the top target, but the jury's still out on him. Could easily see someone we haven't heard of yet sliding into this spot, possibly not even until the spring. Lastly, I'm gonna take a half court heave and say that in the first week of November, right before the early signing period, Hamidou Diallo officially reclassifies and commits.

I think we get Gilbert, Diarra (Obvi), and Powell for sure, and I see us rounding out the class with Diallo and a spring commit from an under the radar big (sound familiar?).

Now, who do I want? Naturally, I want this class rounded out with Harry Giles, Malik Monk, and Justin Jackson ;)

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Of the guys we've been involved with, I really like Powell, Diallo, Hunter, Jackson, and Gabriel. I think Powell is ours and Diallo eventually comes too. Vance Jackson has been silent all summer and I have no idea what the situation is there. Hunter we offered but not sure how serious that is either, but I really like his game - it's almost Deandre Daniels Lite version. Obviously, Gabriel will be a battle but KO really wants him.

In the end: PG Gibert, G Powell, W Diallo, W Hunter, F Gabriel, F Diarra
KO will finally silence the recruiting critics with three five stars and three guys who will be great fits ... and Bailey comes for 2018. It's good to be optimistic right?

Reaction Score
As others have said, i think we get Powell, his instagram is telling that we seem to be his dream school. Although i believe he could be very good though, id rather have a bugger guard, 6'4-6'6 as it seems we will be lacking those in the future. To go along with that, i think Diallo stays in '17, but i do think we get him for that class. I may be of the minority as well on this, but i think we will get Gabriel. He's been up here plenty of times on visits and with the added bonus of hs recruiting his teammate Ashton-Langford, i think we do get him.

Reaction Score
As others have said, i think we get Powell, his instagram is telling that we seem to be his dream school. Although i believe he could be very good though, id rather have a bugger guard, 6'4-6'6 as it seems we will be lacking those in the future. To go along with that, i think Diallo stays in '17, but i do think we get him for that class. I may be of the minority as well on this, but i think we will get Gabriel. He's been up here plenty of times on visits and with the added bonus of hs recruiting his teammate Ashton-Langford, i think we do get him.
Interesting and appreciated replies on this topic from everyone so far. I've not read every article and tweet on the recruits still in play, but none of the reports seemed to point to any being a UConn lean.

I didn't realize the Powell instagram thing, so maybe he's one that at the moment seems a lean. Just not sure he's the best fit and we could do better, but sometimes it's best to take the bird-in-the-hand route and pull the trigger on a good player who wants to be here. I agree that I'd like them to recruit a bigger guard for the 2 slot. I forgot about Larrier. Although I'd like to have more depth at the wing, they'll be fine if they get a big 2 IMO. We play a lot of 3G-Sets, but when you do, you need to have one of those guards a tad on the big side like Purvis who can defend or at least slow most wings. I just feel like Powell is just not an ideal fit. The thought of Adams, Gilbert and Powell on the floor at the same time just seems like too much of a defensive liability. Powell coming off the bench to play the 2 for some instant offense, yeah I can see that.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
1. Jackson, Azubuike, and Diallo if possible
2. Powell, Gabriel, and someone else

pj

Reaction Score
With 3 remaining 2016 spots, I'd be thrilled with:
1. Powell
2. Gabriel
3. One of Bailey/Diallo comes in 2016 and the other comes in 2017 (i.e. Bailey does a 1 year mission for Bailey or Diallo remains at 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom