It's Amazing We Even Go .500 | The Boneyard

It's Amazing We Even Go .500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...without Dolores Burke as our Coach. She's clearly the smartest BB mind in the arena.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Smarter than Geno Auriemma or Tara Vandeveer??????

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
"Whose game calling is simply glorious?
Delorious!"

Reaction Score
...without Dolores Burke as our Coach. She's clearly the smartest BB mind in the arena.
Actually I've always liked Doris Burke and I find myself often agreeing with her assessments though there are those "other times"! I can't imagine too many people have a LOT of problems with her broadcasts because we've obviously heard others that were so BAD that my TV instantaneously went MUTE, automatically.

Reaction Score
The comment that Stewie should have followed her shot from 15-20 feet from the basket as the ball is rolling around the rim was laughable. How often do you see KML or Dolson following their shot from that far out? You don't. Anybody that expects the ball to go in from that far away rarely ever follows their own shot. One problem is players are human. A good shooter will have their shot rebounded within a few feet from the rim. When you are taking a 15-20 foot shot you can't even come close enough to get the rebound. The ball will be rebounded before you can take 3 steps inward - then you've weakened your transition defense. Soemtimes she says soe really dumb things.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The comment that Stewie should have followed her shot from 15-20 feet from the basket as the ball is rolling around the rim was laughable. How often do you see KML or Dolson following their shot from that far out? You don't. Anybody that expects the ball to go in from that far away rarely ever follows their own shot. One problem is players are human. A good shooter will have their shot rebounded within a few feet from the rim. When you are taking a 15-20 foot shot you can't even come close enough to get the rebound. The ball will be rebounded before you can take 3 steps inward - then you've weakened your transition defense. Soemtimes she says soe really dumb things.

Yeah, that one was rather bizarre given what one was looking at on the court.

Reaction Score
Announcers are also human. None make all the right calls. Doris gets many more right than wrong.
Actually if she has any bias I would say that it is in UCONN's favor.

Reaction Score
Actually I've always liked Doris Burke and I find myself often agreeing with her assessments though there are those "other times"! I can't imagine too many people have a LOT of problems with her broadcasts because we've obviously heard others that were so BAD that my TV instantaneously went MUTE, automatically.
I have no problem with the things Doris says, except that she shouldn't be saying them DURING THE GAME. When she goes off on a tangent, it's like there's no game in progress. She preempts the calling of the game, like who just fouled, etc. On the bright side, I haven't heard her talk about Stewie's wingspan yet this year. That's progress.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
I have no problem with the things Doris says, except that she shouldn't be saying them DURING THE GAME. When she goes off on a tangent, it's like there's no game in progress. She preempts the calling of the game, like who just fouled, etc. On the bright side, I haven't heard her talk about Stewie's wingspan yet this year. That's progress.

Agreed. I found myself wondering several times who fouls were called on. No input from the "announcers".

Reaction Score
Announcers are also human. None make all the right calls. Doris gets many more right than wrong.
Actually if she has any bias I would say that it is in UCONN's favor.

For me it doesn't matter Doris is bias toward UCONN. Just remarked for someone that has played and coached, to come across saying something that was really off-the-wall. But I'll take her anyday over Debbie A!!!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Doris seems to think her commentary is more important than the game, much like Bob Costas.

I'll take Debbie Antonelli any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak