It's all going according to plan... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's all going according to plan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Of course Syracuse is beatable, but all those posters licking their chops over this dream MSG matchup in the regionals need to check their expectations about how such a game is likely to go.

I would lick my chops for cuse at MSG in a regional semi even if they were the undisputed best team in the country and we were the last team in.

Reaction Score
Let me remind you, they play 6-8 Parker at the center for stretches. He averages a good amount of boards (8.2), but he's no real interior threat against real post guys.

I don't know, man, I liked the way Parker played inside against Syracuse yesterday. I think it would have been interesting to have him flashing to the high post rather than Jefferson, but Syracuse would have adjusted to that. Duke's bigs are not a strength, but between Parker and Jefferson you can at least make a case that they're better down low.

Reaction Score
I don't know, man, I liked the way Parker played inside against Syracuse yesterday. I think it would have been interesting to have him flashing to the high post rather than Jefferson, but Syracuse would have adjusted to that. Duke's bigs are not a strength, but between Parker and Jefferson you can at least make a case that they're better down low.

Duke's biggest problem is that they have no rim protector. They might have the best offense in the country, but you're not going to win many games when you let your opponent shoot 57% from the field like Syracuse did yesterday. The overtime was just mind-boggling to me. I know Jefferson and Parker were on the bench, which hurt a lot, but Duke had freakin Andre Dawkins guarding Grant, and I'm pretty sure he got three dunks in four possessions. To me, this Duke team is a classic case of a roster with a ton of talent that has one fundamental flaw that is going to doom them in March.

Reaction Score
If we go into the game knowing we will win, WE WILL! Let's see how we do Thursday. USF gave them a game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would lick my chops for cuse at MSG in a regional semi even if they were the undisputed best team in the country and we were the last team in.
Damn straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer